Stealers are AFC: So what?

Reaction score
NFC 23 and AFC 21 all time in SBs which is pretty much means with a larger sample the conferences are pretty much equal as far as producing SB winning teams.

We'll find out which team is better tomorrow. I'm not the kind to extrapolate that to mean X conference is better. Seriously, who cares.

Not really. The conferences tend to shift in decade long swoons. Since the merger, the AFC ruled the 70's and 00's. In the 70's the Dolphins, Steelers, and Oakland all won 2 or more Superbowls during that era. During the 70's Dallas was the only one to pull two out during that era.

The NFC pretty much went on a 20 year dominance period during the 80's to mid 90's. In fact, I believe it was the Packers that were the last team of that long streak, before Denver finally broke it. Until it's 5-5 in a decade, then we can talk about conference parity.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Not really. The conferences tend to shift in decade long swoons. Since the merger, the AFC ruled the 70's and 00's. In the 70's the Dolphins, Steelers, and Oakland all won 2 or more Superbowls during that era. During the 70's Dallas was the only one to pull two out during that era.

The NFC pretty much went on a 20 year dominance period during the 80's to mid 90's. In fact, I believe it was the Packers that were the last team of that long streak, before Denver finally broke it. Until it's 5-5 in a decade, then we can talk about conference parity.

To each his own. Who cares.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, then why even play the game?

And get back to me when it's 3 out of 4 without using cameras. Then I'll be impressed. :tease:

There. Fixed it for ya Snowplow.

BTW, get back to us when it is 4-6 and two back two backs, without cameras, then I'll be impressed.

Reaction score
If I must remind you it's a whole new decade, this isn't the 00s anymore it's the 10s

For everyone but the Steelers. 3 Superbowls in 6 years would stamp us as the best NFL team in the later half of the decade. The Patriots would claim the first half.. And if the Steelers can win more in the 00's then who knows we might be going for the team of 2 decades.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stats prove what has happened in past-and, if everything is exactly the same, steelers have a 70 percent chance to win.

However, things are NEVER exactly the same. as I have said before, tomorrow, the Steelers have a 50/50 chance of winning, as do the Packers

BoilerUp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must not have noticed that the NFL came up with a trophy that is given out if you win x amount of super bowls in x amount of years.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For everyone but the Steelers. QUOTE]

Oh, so the steelers defy time? :no2:

I have loved(not) how steel fan say our 12 World Titles don't count, cause "no one cares about the pre-super bowl era"

So then to you steel fans your past two "World Titles" don't count then cause they've found another game to define champions of the world in American Football. IFAF World Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Founded in 1999 before you won those last Super Bowls. Which still leaves the Pack way ahead of you 9 NFL Titles, and 3 World Titles in your book.

JJP41

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For everyone but the Steelers. 3 Superbowls in 6 years would stamp us as the best NFL team in the later half of the decade. The Patriots would claim the first half.. And if the Steelers can win more in the 00's then who knows we might be going for the team of 2 decades.

Is there any length you won't go to trying to make the Steelers appear better than any other franchise?

How bout this one........it's real simple to understand.

Win more than 12 championships.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any length you won't go to trying to make the Steelers appear better than any other franchise?

How bout this one........it's real simple to understand.

Win more than 12 championships.

I understand the 12 championship argument. We have the same arguments with the Browns' fans.

Problem is, I think everyone loses sight of exactly what those championships are, and what they equate to in the NFL. The NFL of those championships is the NFC today, AFL the AFC. As a result, those championships, IMO, are the equivalent of winning 14 NFCCG's and taking the conference title.

Actually, when you add your two NFC championships, I would say that you have 14 championships. That is quite a feat.

The Steelers, have 8 championships right now. That is, we have been the champions of the AFC (old American Football League) 8 times.

There is a reason, however, why the NFL begins its count with SB 1. It is even in the NFL Record and Fact book on NFL.com

Notice also, when the SB first came about, it was distinguished from the AFL and NFL championships- as it was called the "World Championship Game".

It is for that reason, that the Superbowl era is quite distinct from before, and the league championships won before are not the equivalent of the "world championships" or later named the Superbowl.

For that reason, I think when they list stats, what they should list, is BOTH championships, AND SB wins. Such as, GB: 14 Championships, 2 Superbowls. Steelers: 8 Championships, 6 Superbowls.

That way, both history and the leagues (conferences) are represented and honored, but the honesty of winning in a 28 team league and a second championship game beyond the league championship-to a world championship is also displayed.

I don't discount what the Packers did. It is part of what has built the league today, and continues to drive what the Packers are. There is no way to discount that. I also think however, there needs to be a recognition that there IS a distinction between Superbowls and championships.

It is not like the NHL, which has always been the same league, and has just grown in size.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And when ya all do tha without 'roids, let everyone know.

ROTFL.

Please. one player accuses the Steelers--- an embittered player cut by that very team. Furthermore, he only played on 2 of the teams early in his career. Beyond all of that, HE started roids when he was in college, according to his own words, and low and behold, made quite a career for himself speaking out about steroids.

2 other points to make about it. 1. Bradshaw admits to using HGH to heal. Thing is, HGH does not increase strength. 2. Neither HGH, nor steriods WERE ILLEGAL AT THE TIME.

TAPING SIGNALS WAS ILLEGAL

You are comparing that to the NFL catching the Pats* red-handed with tapes?

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
ROTFL.

Please. one player accuses the Steelers--- an embittered player cut by that very team, and he doesn't say anything until... low and behold, he wants to sell a book.

You are comparing that to the NFL catching the Pats* red-handed with tapes?

Red-handed doing what? Improperly placed cameras? Really? OMG! Well, the Steelers were caught red-handed when their team doctor was nailed buying 150,000 dollars worth of HGH 2 years ago...

You're so smart - tell me why the league sent out a letter to all 32 teams telling them to stop, if it was only the Pats?

Bottom line - The Pats Super Bowls are legit, no matter how much you yell "Cheaters!".

Suck on it. :happy0005:

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Red-handed doing what? Improperly placed cameras? Really? OMG! Well, the Steelers were caught red-handed when their team doctor was nailed buying 150,000 dollars worth of HGH 2 years ago...

You're so smart - tell me why the league sent out a letter to all 32 teams telling them to stop, if it was only the Pats?

Bottom line - The Pats Super Bowls are legit, no matter how much you yell "Cheaters!".

At lest with the Pats Super Bowls, they didn't have the refs to favor them.

Preacher

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sigh.

I guess that 500,000 dollar fine and loss of 1st round draft pick was for a mis-placed camera.:Heristical:

TheSnowPlow

Driving Don Shula Crazy
Reaction score
Sigh.

I guess that 500,000 dollar fine and loss of 1st round draft pick was for a mis-placed camera.:Heristical:

Why yes. Yes it was. You know why? Goodell was pissed that BB didn't listen to him.

Even the league stated that there was no competitive advantage. It was because the Commish was wanting to establish who was in charge. Period.

Funny, Denver taped other team's practices and got away with no punishment - at all. The Jets hold illegal off-season practices, no punishment. The Steelers team caught buying 150 grand worth of HGH - no punishment. All those things gave competitive advantages. Yet, no punishments.

People wanna say the Pats were cheaters? Knock yourselves out. Like I give a ****. Really.

Reaction score
If the Steelers win tomorrow, the team of the decade argument will be about the Patriots and Steelers. The Patriot fans just hate it that they'll always have an * next to theirs by most fans outside of New England.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts