Statistically speaking, who had the Pack's top passer rating

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Statistically speaking, who had the Packers top passer rating last season???

Brett Had a fine season Completing 64% of his passes for more than 4000 yards and throwing for 30 TD's (for a td % of 5.6%), but his 92.4 passer rating was not tops on the team...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Craig Nall had an unbelievable season: completing 70% of his passes and a incredible 12.1 TD % and a passer rating of 139.4. but he was not the top rated passer either...

Doug Pederson in his final season as a Packer and in the NFL completed only 47.8% of his passes and posted a 0.0 in the TD % category, which sent him out with a pathetic passing rating of 27.4

Too ugly a season to warrant my posting his picture -- but good luck coaching back in LA Doug...

Tony Fischer was flawless in 2004: completing 100% of his passes with a TD% of 100% and a passer rating that barely squeaked by Nall's unbelievable numbers ... but not even Tony with his gaudy 139.6 passer rating and who made the most of his opportunities was not he highest rated passers for the Pack in 2004...

Ahman Green also completed 100% of his passes with a td % of 100% just like Tony Fischer, however his passing rating of 158.3 made this multi-talented player the Packers top rated Passer in 2004.

Below you can find the actual stats, I am not sure how well they will line up but I am too lazy too put in any more effort that this on this last evening of June 2005.

Player Att Comp Yds Comp % Yds/Att TD TD % INT INT % Long Sack/Lost Rating
Brett Favre 540 346 4088 64.1 7.6 30 5.6 17 3.1 79 12/93 92.4
Craig Nall 33 23 314 69.7 9.5 4 12.1 0 0.0 43 2/8 139.4
Doug Pederson 23 11 120 47.8 5.2 0 0.0 2 8.7 24 0/0 27.4
Ahman Green 1 1 20 100.0 20.0 1 100.0 0 0.0 20 0/0 158.3
Tony Fisher 1 1 8 100.0 8.0 1 100.0 0 0.0 8 0/0 139.6

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any guess as to the Passer rating of Aaron Rodgers this coming season?

Nall's days may be numbered?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

I have no idea, but I hope Rodgers can pick up the offense quickly so he can win the backup spot. I'd like to trade Nall or J.T. O'Sullivan if possible. I'd try and trade whichever one might get us the most in return, but it's hard to say if any team would be willing to give up a late round pick for either of those guys. We'll probably end up cutting one of them because of the low trade value they have.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things will change once a couple of QB get hurt...

Things will change once a couple of QB get hurt...

... which always happens in training camps and exhibition games in the NFL. When it does and teams start scrambling, players like O'Sullivan suddenly look more attractive.

Nall knows the offense by far the best and is most likely to be the #2 QB this season.

That leaves J.T. the odd man out and I believe he has late round value, or at least a conditional pick.

ArizonaPackerFan said:
Obi1 said:

I have no idea, but I hope Rodgers can pick up the offense quickly so he can win the backup spot. I'd like to trade Nall or J.T. O'Sullivan if possible. I'd try and trade whichever one might get us the most in return, but it's hard to say if any team would be willing to give up a late round pick for either of those guys. We'll probably end up cutting one of them because of the low trade value they have.

As to a guess on Rodgers numbers for the upcoming season oo.o% passing -- 100% clipboard holding.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all assume Brett can't get hurt. He can...and it sadly becomes a higher chance the older he gets.

Methinks the team will move either Nall or O'Sullivan to Seattle where they don't have a backup. My guess is O' will be sent, as Nall is a pretty good holder. The kick holding job should NOT be underestimated. Longwell's foot has won many games the past few years. The only factor in O's favor is he was the throw in in the McKenzie trade and the team might want to keep him...but he's an FA anyway.

Given all the factors, it will be Brett, Nall, Rodgers. This could be Brett's last year...Nall is FA next year(so is O'Sullivan) so Rodgers better learn in a hurry.

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty funny, Bruce. I guess when you have one chance to throw a pass, try to get a TD to have a monstrous passer rating. But I believe Mr.Green shares the best passer rating for last year - was it Fitzgerald from Arizona or a KC WR? Can't quite remember.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RYAN - give us the low-down on your siggy..... Does your girlfriend know about this...?

BRUCE - on the top passer rating - I don't like how they can include guys who have only taken "one pass" the whole season and that counts on stats like these - I think it should be mandatory that they at least have a set amount / a benchmark / that each must hurdle themselves over before being included here.... I mean really now - Woohoo, look at me I threw one pass downfield all season and now I'M the top rated passer for the Green Bay Packers.... WOW! :roll: .....NOT! :-? :shock: These stats are highly unbalanced and actually should just be ignored.. Now for funsies, you could exclude Favre and compare the others which would make it much more realistic.... It'd be different if each of the players involved had been forced to take at least a half-dozen throws every game in "live" action play.... then, we'd see some balance creeping back into these stats.

Otherwise, good article!

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RYAN - give us the low-down on your siggy..... Does your girlfriend know about this...?
From the TV show Friends. Phoebe was at dinner with some guy and she asked him what he did for a job and that was his reply. The way it was layed out was FREAKIN hilarious and has just stuck with me.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
Pretty funny, Bruce. I guess when you have one chance to throw a pass, try to get a TD to have a monstrous passer rating. But I believe Mr.Green shares the best passer rating for last year - was it Fitzgerald from Arizona or a KC WR? Can't quite remember.

Walter Payton could have played QB for the Bears and been much better than some of the losers that they put on the field. He threw 8 TD passes in his career. They could have been the only NFL team running the wish bone offense and he would have made it work. The records he held at the time of his retirement included 16,726 rushing yards, 10 seasons with 1,000 or more yards rushing, 275 yards rushing in one game against Minnesota (1977), 77 games with more than 100 yards rushing, and 110 rushing touchdowns. Payton had 4,368 combined net attempts and accounted for 21,803 combined net yards. He also scored an impressive 750 points on 125 touchdowns.

Payton won the NFC rushing title five straight years from 1976 to 1980. He also led the NFC with 96 points in 1977 and won the NFL kickoff return championship in his rookie 1975 campaign. He was named both All-Pro and All-NFC seven times and played in nine Pro Bowl games. Payton was selected as the NFL's Most Valuable Player in 1977 and 1985, the NFL Offensive Player of the Year in 1977 and 1985 and the NFC Most Valuable Player in 1977.

Walter rushed for more than 1,000 yards 10 of his 13 seasons including the strike shortened season. His best season came in 1977, when he ran for 1,852 yards, third best in history at that time. Payton's 492 career pass receptions for 4,538 yards and 15 touchdowns contributed to his exceptional combined net yard totals.

Payton missed one game in his rookie campaign and then played in 186 consecutive games. The string was snapped late in his final season in 1987.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration - man, you can take any post on this Packer Forum and turn it into your own little Bears soapbox, can't you? :lol:

Reading this thread about all the Packer players and their passer ratings and before you know it, it's all about "Sweetness". Not bad, Phil, not bad...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration - man, you can take any post on this Packer Forum and turn it into your own little Bears soapbox, can't you? :lol:

Reading this thread about all the Packer players and their passer ratings and before you know it, it's all about "Sweetness". Not bad, Phil, not bad...

Nice eh?

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question is dumb...

Ryan said:
Bruce said:
or at least a conditional pick.
Sorry for the dumb question, but what is a "conditional pick"?

A conditional (draft) pick, is a trade that includes a draft pick conditional on the player traded making the team that traded for him. Other conditional picks can include playing time. This is not uncommon for QB trades especially -- a 7th round pick, upgraded to a higher pick if he plays X number of snaps in the regular season...

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

BRUCE - on the top passer rating - I don't like how they can include guys who have only taken "one pass" the whole season and that counts on stats like these - I think it should be mandatory that they at least have a set amount / a benchmark / that each must hurdle themselves over before being included here.... I mean really now - Woohoo, look at me I threw one pass downfield all season and now I'M the top rated passer for the Green Bay Packers.... WOW! :roll: .....NOT! :-? :shock: These stats are highly unbalanced and actually should just be ignored.. Now for funsies, you could exclude Favre and compare the others which would make it much more realistic.... It'd be different if each of the players involved had been forced to take at least a half-dozen throws every game in "live" action play.... then, we'd see some balance creeping back into these stats.

Otherwise, good article!

Of course they cannot be seriously compared. This was intended to be a fun days-of-summer post with some obscure stats thrown-in for spice.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sweetness is on topic here...

Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:

Nice eh?

Since Green's favorite running back of all time is Payton, Phil is actually right on topic here in this thread! -- kinda scarey isn't it :D

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Sweetness is on topic here...

Bruce said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:

Nice eh?

Since Green's favorite running back of all time is Payton, Phil is actually right on topic here in this thread! -- kinda scarey isn't it :D

Ha ha! Mock me no longer.

Members online

Latest posts