Statistical Proof that TT Drafts Well

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the fact that TT averages about 1 pro-bower a draft is pretty impressive but the quality of players he selects in later rounds is KEY for one very important reason.
When you draft guys late that contribute it provides the financial cushion to keep key players entering FA. TT drafts later round guys that get 4 year contracts that allows him to keep Rodgers and Jennings and other key players.

The Packers roster has been strong top to bottom for a few years now and that's because TT keeps finding late round and even post draft quality players at a reasonable price.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. Not only is TT slightly better than Ron Wolf at drafting in the late rounds, but he is quite a bit better than Wolf at getting value for his first round picks. In the six first rounders that you can legitimately grade (Sherrod excluded), TT has only missed on Justin Harrell. Say what you want about Hawk, but he's been solid starter for six seasons - maybe not what you'd expect of a #5 overall but certainly not a bust. That's an .833 batting average so far.

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just the fact that TT averages about 1 pro-bower a draft is pretty impressive but the quality of players he selects in later rounds is KEY for one very important reason.
When you draft guys late that contribute it provides the financial cushion to keep key players entering FA. TT drafts later round guys that get 4 year contracts that allows him to keep Rodgers and Jennings and other key players.

The Packers roster has been strong top to bottom for a few years now and that's because TT keeps finding late round and even post draft quality players at a reasonable price.

That's an excellent point about the late rounds. Not only has TT hit on a few starters, but he's been successful in hitting on reserves and backups (2's in our ratings) that have created such a deep roster. As you say, continually hitting on these type of players keeps the depth in-tact (and probably rolls it over so we don't have to re-sign these reserves) and frees up cap space to sign our studs.

Look for a post on Tuesday (hopefully) where we give some context to our analysis by breaking down the whole league's success. It's exhaustive, but pretty informative.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see this done across the league to see how TT compares to the rest of the GMs.

I already know our org is run better than the Vikings lol

OP
OP
BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo... good news... we are coming out with a league-wide breakdown later this week - hopefully Tuesday. We are finalizing the numbers as we speak. It's rather time-consuming as you might imagine. But, a quick teaser is the Pack rank in the top 3 in the NFC. I will create another post with the league-wide stats when we finalize it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo... good news... we are coming out with a league-wide breakdown later this week - hopefully Tuesday. We are finalizing the numbers as we speak. It's rather time-consuming as you might imagine. But, a quick teaser is the Pack rank in the top 3 in the NFC. I will create another post with the league-wide stats when we finalize it.

Awesome just what I wanted to hear.

Members online

Latest posts