Starks will hit 100 yards rushing Sunday.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's crazy that people are going ape **** over this kid when he has ONE week of work under his belt...

I agree, I liked his running style, he looked like a good fit (much better than Jackson). He looked decisive, didn't hesitate, hit the hole hard, fell forward, and most importantly, didn't cough the ball up, but c'mon let's give him a little more time to prove himself before we go off anointing him lol.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's crazy that people are going ape **** over this kid when he has ONE week of work under his belt...

I agree, I liked his running style, he looked like a good fit (much better than Jackson). He looked decisive, didn't hesitate, hit the hole hard, fell forward, and most importantly, didn't cough the ball up, but c'mon let's give him a little more time to prove himself before we go off anointing him lol.

I think it's more along the lines of "he is our first glimmer of hope for a run game" which potentially can take us far if we make it to the post season.

Comparisons to AD are a little far fetched however. :viksux: but the most respect for AD

OP
OP
Rodgers_Forever

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You and I both know that James Starks isn't the second coming of Aaron 'Jesus' Rodgers for this team, but like my friend stated before, he provides a glimmer of hope in a somewhat dismal running game.

The point of this thread was to get people excited and focused on the positive(which would be actually gaining some talent vs. checking the news and finding another player has hit IR).

All i stated was that i believe, if given the rock enough, starks will hit 100 yds against the lions Sunday.

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agree completely, Rodgers and our passing game can only get us so far.

take the game against the Falcons for example, due to our lack of a run game we were unable to convert on a couple 3rd and shorts. Rodgers led us all the way back, but in the end we can point to the inability to gain yards on the ground as a major factor in the loss.

Having to go on the road, or even at the frozen tundra during the playoffs, running the ball is going to be essential. Hell even these upcoming December games, its going to get harder to throw the ball!

Im a little hesitant on saying that Starks is the savior of our run game. however, i was pretty impressed with him against the 49ers, ill wait and see how he does the rest of the regular season before coming up with a full opinion on our run game.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You and I both know that James Starks isn't the second coming of Aaron 'Jesus' Rodgers for this team, but like my friend stated before, he provides a glimmer of hope in a somewhat dismal running game.

The point of this thread was to get people excited and focused on the positive(which would be actually gaining some talent vs. checking the news and finding another player has hit IR).

All i stated was that i believe, if given the rock enough, starks will hit 100 yds against the lions Sunday.

I sure do hope like all hell that he breaks out! That would be fantastic, just in time for December football...

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think it's ever too early to get excited about a new offensive weapon. After all the bad luck with injuries I'm inclined to think Karma will have it's way and send us some good luck. After all, most of this year's rookie class has had something to do with the success of this team, why the heck wouldn't it continue?
I'm not an optimist nor a pessimist but I have alot of faith in our drafts, that is, until I'm proved wrong.
In the meantime, I'm considering James Starks "The Answer" to our running woes.
I'll be the first person on this forum to admit it when I'm proved wrong.
Oh, I also think Marshall Newhouse and Nick McDonald will contribute, if not this year, the next.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Starks, loved him at Buffalo and happy he is a Packer. If he can stay healthy, he has the talent and type of running style to become the anchor to the Packer offensive attack in the ground dept. I hope you're right though. Might make a good fantasy pick up too!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks isnt the savior, rodgers is. If he has a good game the running game doesnt really matter. It helps but not needed.

But Starks seems to be an everydown back and it will help with the flow of the offense. I need to pay attention to his blocking.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
O-Line needs to step up. There's no use in having a productive RB if he's running into a wall. I hope they are putting in that extra extra extra effort to create some holes.

EDIT: They need to continue to keep up the good work. I realized they did a nice job in the niners game

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not completely sold on Starks, nor do I think he is the absolute answer to our running woes. I'm behind the guy 100% as I am a Packer fan, and I hope he does break out. That would be redonkulous. If an opposing defense has to keep 7-8 guys in the box, the play action game with Driver/Jennings/Rodgers will absolutely decimate. So there is nothing but positives to come from a Starks breakout.

I do think he is a good shot to go for 100 yards against Detroit if they commit to running the ball at least 20-25 times. I would really like to see how Starks does on some screens as well. I think that could be very interesting.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting Starks this week in my fantasy league...

I'm gonna get blown out I think anyways lol so I might as well go out with a Packer on my team dammit!!

Packfan14

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm starting Starks this week in my fantasy league...

I'm gonna get blown out I think anyways lol so I might as well go out with a Packer on my team dammit!!

Same here, i'm taking the chance since i need some spark since i lost finley and other RB's.
Still got A-rod tho

:snooze:

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I don't like Rodgers being our second leader in rushes, he is too valuable as a throwing QB. I am hoping Starks is our answer to the run game, since if he isn't who is? B-Jackson hasn't proved anything this season.

jrpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still have high hopes for Jackson (don't laugh) and it won't be long until Starks does for Jackson what Driver does for Jennings. As in Driver doesn't have to catch a pass, just put him out there and it scares the s**t out of them. Problem is, I don't think Suh knows any fear.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like Rodgers being our second leader in rushes, he is too valuable as a throwing QB. I am hoping Starks is our answer to the run game, since if he isn't who is? B-Jackson hasn't proved anything this season.

Rodgers is a very smart running QB though. He rarely takes a hit and knows how to slide(unlike Eli) or get out of bounds, which saves him from getting punished. When it comes to Starks I firmly believe he will be the answer to our running back woes. Hes built like a horse and I think is alot more talented than some people give him credit for.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Tom Silverstein of JSOnline believes there are 5 ways the Packers can become Super Bowl worthy:
Five ways the Packers can become Super Bowl worthy - JSOnline
And number 2 is:
"2. Have RB James Starks hit a home run or two: One of the big things missing from the offense is the threat of a long run. Since Brandon Jackson broke off a 71-yarder against Washington, the longest run by a back has been 27 yards. The Packers are tied for last in the NFL with just three runs of 20 or more yards. That's why teams can so easily sit back and play Cover 2. Remember 2007 when Ryan Grant would bust off a 70-yard run every couple of games. That terrified defensive coordinators and forced them to play eight-men in the box. In talking to running backs coach Edgar Bennett this week he mentioned that he would like to see Starks get into the secondary because he could take those all the way. I sort of raised my eyebrow because I question whether Starks is that kind of runner. Bennett was adamant. "He's sub-4.4," Bennett said. "Trust me, he is." If that’s the case, he’ll need to show it."
Just adding fuel to the fire for Starks Sparks!
I'm not gonna be hesitant, I'm gonna get excited now. Before everyone else.

SCpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks is a BEAST! SF is tied for 10th in run D, and Starks came out and pretty easily put up 73 yds on some very obvious running plays. They stacked the box and he was still getting 4-6 yds easily. He will put up 100 yds this game IF he gets the opportunity, its all up to MM.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
im starting starks over santana moss. im in first place anyways and playoffs arent till week 16 for us. taking risks is how u win

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts