Sports Bar Etiquette

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've never actually watched a game at a sports bar before but I'm going to tonight. Can anyone give me sports bar code of conduct rules, if any? I usually get SUPER loud. We're talking after every semi-big to big play, I'll get riled up.

examples:

"CLAY *expletive* MATTHEEEEEEEWS!"
"GOD *expletive*! WAY TO BLOW YOUR *expletive* ASSIGNMENT!"
"CAN WE GET SOME *expletive* PROTECTION!"

And when we make a great running play I usually bash highly touted backs like so:

"YEAH! *expletive* YOU ADRIAN PETERSON!"

I am usually in someone's house with close friends, so something tells me I'll have to change my behavior... which kind of saddens me...

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mind you, I'll be in the Pacific NW where they give 2 craps about the Pack.

OP
OP

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am going to reg sports bar only b/c it wasn't my choice this time around. Then, I'm gonna hit up the Pack bar for subsequent games.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can't give you an honest answer as I've never been to a bar outside of Wisconsin, here.. we all get that way lol

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'm fortunate enough to be in a "packers bar" in south carolina. in greenville we have the "greenville packer backer club," so you can pretty much yell whatever the heck you want lol. as for you? I'd still yell whatever you want, it's a bar!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
It just depends, you'll have to assess the bar situation. If it's a fairly loud and spacious bar with a lot of room noise from talking/TVs/music/etc., than you're probably fine to get as excited as you want since you'll only be a few decibels louder than the typical room volume. If it's a smaller, more intimate bar where you can hear everything, I'd be a little more cautious. People generally will get pissed off if you're overtly obnoxious (that is, if no one else is cheering with you). So I'd feel it out. My general policy is keep the expletives to touchdowns and INTs and minimize good play excitement to high-fiving :p

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
honestly depends on how you handle yourself in a fight or how many friends you got with you.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this a dive bar or some what classy place? :)

... and yelling out PackerForum.com rules is always accepted at any bar, FYI.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this a dive bar or some what classy place? :)

... and yelling out PackerForum.com rules is always accepted at any bar, FYI.

I think we should get ARod a packerforum.com hat to wear for press conferences

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bars I went to had obnoxious Redskins fans. I got into so many scrapes. :rolleyes: When I got to old to defend myself I got Direct TV. ;)

You will usually find a lot of young people at these bars and many are there get drunk and crap erupts. If you are going to a bar where there are a lot of Packer fans, let loose

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts