1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Sporting News picks Falcons 28-10

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by GreenBlood, Jan 14, 2011.

1. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Pretty absurd of them to predict that haha. Especially given the score the 1st time around, we've only gotten better since then.

I hope they're not gamblers.

3. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +435
    I saw this yesterday and thought about posting a thread on it. We lost all 6 games this year by a combined 20 points, and now they're picking us to lose by 18 in one game? I'd be surprised if that happens.

4. Lunchboxer

Lunchboxer Guest

Ratings:
    +76
    That Pack95champ guy on here gives a more accuracy predictions.

5. KSCheeseHead

KSCheeseHead Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I find it hard for us to lose by 18, especially since we only lost the last game by 3 points. We had no running game either at that point in the season, with rodgers being the leading rusher for us. Not to mention that our defense has tightened up since then and the emergence of at least some sort of run game. As long as we play our game and establish the run I think that we will be okay and come out on top 31-24.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,792
    Anything can happen.

Even though I want Green Bay to win, I will actually be surprised (And excited) if they do.
    They are playing a better team at home with more wins after a week of rest.
    We will see who wants it more very soon.

7. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    The 10 on our part doesn't surprise me but I dont think that our defense will give up 4 TD's.

8. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,312
    The guy who wrote it, d. orlando ledbetter, is a writer for the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, and covers the Falcons.

It would have good for the Sporting News to make mention of it.

Current betting line has Falcons favored by 2. I like the Packers with or without the points.

9. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    honestly that score doesnt shock me given the way i have been disappointed before in the playoffs by the pack

10. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    That seems a tad high since the most they scored on us last time was 20. The D is playing better.

My biggest concern is our team fatiguing in the 4th after having to play last week, whereas the Falcons are rested.

11. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Week off = overated.

12. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17

Not when their biggest asset to their offense, Turner, was slowing down from the heavy workload of the regular season. If i had to guess, I'd say the Falcons benefit the most from their week off.

Or maybe the Steelers, because they're olddddddd

13. GreenBlood

GreenBlood Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +652
    You know, that doesn't concern me at all. The bye week can be good or bad. For a team that's banged up, it's a clear advantage (the Falcons aren't banged up). Other than that, I think it's a disavantage. How many times have you seen bye teams come in rusty for the first quarter or two?

The biggest difference in this game and last is our improved running game and Matthews being full speed. Last time he was still nursing that shin injury.

24-14 Packers win.

14. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    Agreed, the Packers could use a break but don't need it. Truth be told, the Packers are the best of the NFC but they really need to prove it this weekend. If they get by Hotlanta, it's all in front of them.

15. GreenGoldAngel

GreenGoldAngel Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +133
    I wish they were gamblers and I was their bookie!!! Their predictions are awful

• Like Like x 1