1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Speed of NFL wows rookies at minicamp by DJ Slater in PG

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PWT36, May 9, 2006.

1. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    PostedMay 09, 2006

Speed of NFL wows rookies at minicamp
    Daryn Colledge, middle, was one of the Packers’ rookies getting his first close-up look at the NFL during minicamp.

"

By DJ Slater
    Special to the Press-Gazette

Green Bay Packers rookies experienced a glimpse of life in the NFL over the weekend during coach Mike McCarthy’s first minicamp.

McCarthy believes the rookies are fitting in nicely.

“The young guys stuck their noses in there (at minicamp), and that’s important,â€

2. Since69

Since69 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    That's the comment I hear most often coming from rookies - that they're a little unprepared for the speed of the game.

I think it's a bit of a slap in the face for these rookies: finding out that the "game" they played in college is now their job, and that it's been taken to a whole new level by the men who do this for a living.

I like the comments I'm hearing from these guys, though. I always just shake my head when I hear someone who hasn't even put the pads on yet blathering about how they're going to light up the league.