some of us need to grow up

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im tired of hearing all this b.s about mm not bieng a leader just because he doesnt show it on camera doesnt mean he isnt a leader. We are FANS not players we dont know what goes on behind the doors. lets all stop acting like we are gm's and just be fans. By the way if you could talk to your favorite player and talked to him about mm bieng a non leader they would laugh at you and think you were an idiot.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Agreed with Nick. Other than the silly challenge, I thought MM had an excellent game plan.

If the players execute their jobs even marginally, the Pack win this one. But the mental lapses by mostly our veteran players (18 penalties, including Collins' personal foul after the whistle) and the incredibly poor play on special teams simply handed the victory to the other team.

We can whine about MM, or we can whine about the referees, or we can whine about this play or that... but, it is the players themselves that need to screw their helmets on a bit tighter and play smarter.

All that being said, Slocum needs to be fired. :smile2:

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have liked to see him get angry a little bit after the 18 penalties called against us. each time it showed him it seemed like he was just blankly staring. personally i feel like a coach should raise his voice a little bit, but who knows he probably did...

also the fire MM talk is a little premature but i think that was more of the frustration from defeat talking then actually wanting to fire him.

oh well, tough game and people are upset. cant blame them

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mean like a Payton, Gruden, Cowher? All have won SUPERBOWLS...I think it's good to get emotional, I couldn't stand Mike Sherman's puppy dog look on the sideline...MM has his own angry stare & curse to himself on his headset...Payton gets in your face tells you STEP YOUR GAME UP, those 3 got the best out of their guys, we are not getting the best out of the talent we got

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fat coaches can't win SBs. It's a fact. Think about the last 5 or so SB winners, all skinny.

Moreso, Andy Reid, Wade Phillips, Mike McCarthy, what they have in common? Big waistlines.

Belichick, since he started gaining wait, has been struggling, making dumb moves. So is Tom Coughlin. Coincidence???

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you mean like a Payton, Gruden, Cowher? All have won SUPERBOWLS...I think it's good to get emotional, I couldn't stand Mike Sherman's puppy dog look on the sideline...MM has his own angry stare & curse to himself on his headset...Payton gets in your face tells you STEP YOUR GAME UP, those 3 got the best out of their guys, we are not getting the best out of the talent we got
All are skinny. Tomlin is also skinny, so is Dungy.

I'm telling ya, waistline = stupidity, in Football HCs!

Yeah, I know, Holmgren. BUT, he wasn't so fat when he won, and lately he's HUGE and has been doing only dumb ****...

OP
OP
N

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every team is different just because he doesn't yell doesn't mean he's not getting talent out of them like I said we dont know what goes on behind the scenes. MM knows his team and is the leader he just does it different. Like I said ask any gb packer player he will tell u let's be fans and support our coach just like the players do I THINK IF A GB PACKER LOOKED AT SOME OF THESE POSTS they would say what is wrong with our fans LET'S STAY CLASSY and be fans not Jim Rome.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think it was Aaron Rodgers who said; McCarthy lit into them in the locker room already. They said he's used some pretty strong language at that.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LoL on the waistline. Thats good stuff. I don't think a head coach NEEDS to be all crazy and emotional like that if it isn't in their personality. I think there should be a mentor who is like that, either a coach or vateran player. A team does need an emotional leader. I like that MM doesn't get all emotional. People can make bad decisions or use poor judgement when they are emotional just as easily as they can pump people up or step up their game. I think it shows poor leadership on the part of the veteran players when they make repeated mental errors like that and don't respond. Sure MM could get in the players faces because ultimately in the NFL it is the HC who usually gets fired for repeated miscues like this. Yet I was wondering late in the 3rd quarter why none of the veteran players did anything either with their own issues or in confronting the other players about their issues. I feel that the team members should be held accountable for the actions of their teammates at least partially, when the teammate continues to hurt the team with their actions and the rest of the team does nothing. Kind of like how my work environment is in the Army. If a few of the junior enlisted soldiers keep making bad choices or performing poorly at work, it is the job of their first line supervisor (NCO) to get them straight. If the NCO can't and the actions continue, eventually it will work its way up the chain of command to the Commander, but not before a whole bunch of "Veterans" had the opportunity/responsibility to do something about it.

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like mm he doesn't put his players out there in the media he handles it in doors, come on let's think about it as a coach you can only say and yell so much. You learn not to hold since pop Warner football you learn not to jump offside in your kid days the NFL has all grown men playing. I say mm only messed up at the last of the game when he didn't let them score with a 1:48 secs to go in the game. Trust me the refs wasn't letting them play football there holding on everyplay in he NFL it just comes down to who hides it the best. Another thing the flag I loved the most was the one when clay mathews tried to ripp cry baby cutlets head off I loved every bit of that flag. Cutler is a big freakin cry baby crying all the time. But when the guy jumped on arods back when he was down already, we didn't get a call. Bahh I'm going off topic, mm had a good gameplan tho.

Chop0Suey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im tired of hearing all this b.s about mm not bieng a leader just because he doesnt show it on camera doesnt mean he isnt a leader. We are FANS not players we dont know what goes on behind the doors. lets all stop acting like we are gm's and just be fans.

In my opinion, we are just being fans. While it's true that we don't know what does on in the locker room, or on the practice field, as fans, we invest A LOT of time, and money, into our favorite team. Because of this, we expect the best from our teams, and when we don't get that, we're going to get upset. And when we set a team record for penalties in a game, that has to come back to coaching. Tack that on to the fact that we were the MOST penalized team in the league last year, the commonly held belief that MM is too predictable on offense, and the fact that he is just god awful with the challenge flag, and I'd say us fans deserve to be upset with him.

Granted, it is only week 3. He still has another 13 games to prove us wrong. :smile2:

OP
OP
N

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packerman I like what u said it's mm team he can do it how he wants but we will see if he can get his team back on track next week even though it's the lions we will see if the packers can stop the flags

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
some times looks mean more than anything and he had some stares for some of the players,witch means you are not going to be happy at what we will do this week to fix problem,m.m is a good coach players have to take blame for how they play,it was a bad game but there are more to come and think they will fix the problem.

packerbob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was hoping to see a McCarthy meltdown during that fiasco that we all witnesses Monday night. I wish he would show more intensity. Players tend to take on the personality of the coach and I think that is the reason that the team seems to lack the killer instinct, especially on the offensive side of the ball. Someone mentioned earlier that they like the intensity that Sean Payton shows. I would agree with that. I think Payton would have strangled Jones after that costly fumble. You need somebody on the sidelines getting in the players faces after the way they would be playing. Most teams it is either the head coach or one of the coordinaters. The Saints not only have Payton but also their defensive coordinater(I think his name is Williams) screaming and getting in players faces. That provides team intensity and more accountability. The Packers have none of that going on during the game. McCarthy is standing on the sidelines hiding behind his play sheet. Up in the climate control comfort of the coaches box sit Capers and Philbin. No wonder the team looks lost out there. There is just no personal interaction or accountability going on during the game other than players looking at overview photos of previous plays and trying to figure what went wrong.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im tired of hearing all this b.s about mm not bieng a leader just because he doesnt show it on camera doesnt mean he isnt a leader. We are FANS not players we dont know what goes on behind the doors. lets all stop acting like we are gm's and just be fans. By the way if you could talk to your favorite player and talked to him about mm bieng a non leader they would laugh at you and think you were an idiot.
Correct me if I'm wrong or if I misunderestimate you.......

So you just want us to be fans without criticizing MM at all?????
What the heck kind of fan does that?
Just blindly goes along with the team?
Oh yeah.
That's right.
A homer.
So what your asking is for all of us to be homer types of fans?
Sorry.
No-can-do from me.

And if your "tired of hearing(sic) all this b.s about mm not bieng a leader" then don't read or open these "MM is a terrible coach because...." threads.

MM does need to show some backbone and reel in his players to keep them from ******** up and causing penalties.
Of course he is no Vince Lombardi but he needs to start acting like Vince Lombardi.
He needs to straighten up the players and fast. Like yesterday fast.

OP
OP
N

NICKBARNETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm aging people are saying stuff about mm that they don't know alot of people on here act like the know mm and they don't. Alot of people on here act like they are i'n the locker room .

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like McCarthy. The "marriage" of he and Rodgers is about as good as it gets. Old what's-his-name thrived under Holmgren, but pretty much did squat after Holmgren left. I'm not saying that Rodgers would stink without McCarthy, but I don't know that he'd do as well as he has if McCarthy were gone. McCarthy's system seems to suit Rodgers perfectly.

I also get the impression that McCarthy is a pretty strong disciplinarian that prefers to keep everything off-camera. I have no basis for that, it's just the impression I get. Of course, those that are up-in-arms over McCarthy's perceived lack of discipline are only going by there impressions as well. We just don't know what goes on off-camera.

Members online

Latest posts