SO.............

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, the Patriots win the Super Bowl and then go out and sign Gilmore. We lose in the NFC Championship game and we are interested in bringing back Davon House.........

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
So, the Patriots win the Super Bowl and then go out and sign Gilmore. We lose in the NFC Championship game and we are interested in bringing back Davon House.........

No we did more important things like sign Don Barclay.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Don't worry guys...we just resigned Don Barklay, we will be fine now

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sure hope he has a deal brewing for a #1 corner. I wasn't expecting a big splash early(though I was hoping) but we cannot put our crop of cb's on the field we had last year and expect a different result

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much for being all in. CM3 is a shell of his former self. Just throwing money at him which could be used elsewhere. I think Barwin could help pressure the QB. Take pressure off the secondary

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is..

There aren't a whole lot of holes on this team...

I'm assuming Lang eventually resigns

They really NEED an IMPACT player at ILB and a "number one" corner...

Those are the only real "needs"

Alshon would have been nice but they seem to like Geronimo, I guess
For defense I like Clark and Daniels, it's whoever's guess plays nose when Letroy is out.

OLBs are "ok" if Clay can get 8-10 sacks, b/c i predict Perry will do the same
Safeties are great, one of the best duos in the NFL

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The thing is..

For defense I like Clark and Daniels, it's whoever's guess plays nose when Letroy is out.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The thing is..

If there aren't many holes how come they got ran off the field in Atlanta and had the worse pass defense in the NFL?

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I feel that Randall and Gunter would be "ok/fine" if they were the second/complimentary cornerback

Atlanta has a player by the name of:

Julio Jones

Who I'm not sure if you've heard of him but is probably the most talented WR in the league now that Calvin Johnson retired... him or AJ Green

That's probably why for Atlanta

Odell was shut down decently when we played them so I feel that for that "next tier"(altho Odell is VERY VERY good too) Randall and Gunter are just not good enough honestly.

I mean... think about it.

I feel that Dont'a Hightower is a MORE IMPORTANT signing and then get some veteran Prince/Revis/Hall for a couple of years(2 year deal) and let that work. Also draft another cornerback obviously lol.

Our ILBs have been BAD since Hawk's prime days and we get no impact, production or big "plays" from that spot

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm glad TT didn't pay Bouye $13 million a YEAR.. that's WAY overpaying

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are no more #1 corner's left...however....any # corner TT signs will turn into a #1 corner.

that's true

BUT... I don't trust paying Bouye 13mil or Johnson...

The Pats getting Gilmore for LESS THAN Bouye is STEALING imho lol

But I think the Packers FO thinking is to trust the development of Randall/Gunter/Rollins at this point

I would be DEVASTATED if Revis/Hall/Prince were not brought in now for a SHORT TERM, "mentor like" type of deal

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there aren't many holes how come they got ran off the field in Atlanta and had the worse pass defense in the NFL?

Finished last because their CBs where decimated by injury all season and two young players playing prominent roles suffered sophmore slumps while also battling injuries. Just a thought.

Or continue to act like it was a JV team that somehow managed to make it all the way to the NFCCG since you wanna bring up the Atlanta game while neglecting the Giants or Cowboys

ChicagoPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what Ted Thompson is suffering from is a loser mentality. On one hand you have the New England Patriots, who are coming off another Super Bowl victory, going out on day 1 and improving what was already a solid secondary by grabbing one one of the premier corners in the league. You would think they wold be getting tired of winning at this point but what they are doing are granting Tom Brady the opportunity to win ring number 6 to cement his legacy as the Michael Jordan of this sport.

What does Ted Thompson do? Year in and year out, the burden is all on Rodgers to pull of the miracle of Jesus while Ted Thompson is out at thrift stores sifting through washed up free agents. Wait what, we're going to bring in Davon House? Awesome! - NOT. While it is wise to be thrifty under certain circumstances, you can't wear a thrift store suit to a presidential meeting.

Damarious Randle and Ladarius Gunter played like pure atrocious garbage last postseason and we piggy backed 12 to the NFC title game. To try to describe the **** poor play of those two in January would be a disservice to the English language. So now we sit, wait, and pray that Randle and Rollins both come back and pull of an epic comeback and become serviceable corners?? Sorry, but Davante Adams has Aaron Rodgers to help him. Randle and Rollins play on a defense with no pass rush so both, let alone of them blossoming is like hitting the lottery - twice!

I wish I can say that at least we have the draft to look forward to but we have been very average scouting talent in recent years. No defense and no pass rush will net in yet another post season loss to a more complete team as we have endured so many times in recent years. Such a shame because 12 deserves so much better than this.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Finished last because their CBs where decimated by injury all season and two young players playing prominent roles suffered sophmore slumps while also battling injuries. Just a thought.

Or continue to act like it was a JV team that somehow managed to make it all the way to the NFCCG since you wanna bring up the Atlanta game while neglecting the Giants or Cowboys

It's called "Aaron Rodgers and a JV team"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what Ted Thompson is suffering from is a loser mentality. On one hand you have the New England Patriots, who are coming off another Super Bowl victory, going out on day 1 and improving what was already a solid secondary by grabbing one one of the premier corners in the league. You would think they wold be getting tired of winning at this point but what they are doing are granting Tom Brady the opportunity to win ring number 6 to cement his legacy as the Michael Jordan of this sport.

What does Ted Thompson do? Year in and year out, the burden is all on Rodgers to pull of the miracle of Jesus while Ted Thompson is out at thrift stores sifting through washed up free agents. Wait what, we're going to bring in Davon House? Awesome! - NOT. While it is wise to be thrifty under certain circumstances, you can't wear a thrift store suit to a presidential meeting.

Damarious Randle and Ladarius Gunter played like pure atrocious garbage last postseason and we piggy backed 12 to the NFC title game. To try to describe the **** poor play of those two in January would be a disservice to the English language. So now we sit, wait, and pray that Randle and Rollins both come back and pull of an epic comeback and become serviceable corners?? Sorry, but Davante Adams has Aaron Rodgers to help him. Randle and Rollins play on a defense with no pass rush so both, let alone of them blossoming is like hitting the lottery - twice!

I wish I can say that at least we have the draft to look forward to but we have been very average scouting talent in recent years. No defense and no pass rush will net in yet another post season loss to a more complete team as we have endured so many times in recent years. Such a shame because 12 deserves so much better than this.

I couldn't agree more.

It's some stubborn old man derailing Rodgers legacy. It's sad.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
what's sad is jumping off the ledge with 432 posts per day 1 day into a new season when rosters won't even be set for 6 more months. That's short sighted and sad. Get pissed and then go do something productive at least.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree, Gilmore to the Pats for LESS THAN Bouye is a f***ing STEAL

Our first round picks have been bad with TT

Rodgers, Hawk, Raji/Clay, Perry, HaHa, Clark(maybe)... Bulaga is a toss up as he prob would have slipped more to the 2nd round as teams already knew of his injury history

have been the only "hits" he has made that come to mind. That's like what 50%... Sherrod, Jones, Harrell were terrible picks in good draft classes

His 2nd rounders and mid round picks are always good but TT needs to LEARN or something how to hit on 1st round players who are typically "impact" players off the bat

Next year, HaHa, Linsley, Davante WILL NEED to be resigned so if he is planning to allocate the cap there some then I can "forgive" him for being so inept so far.

I feel that he wants to be hesitant in "Long term, big deal" (outside of Woodson) signings in FA which is smart actually as most teams get SCREWED by them.

But I have a gut feeling that Hightower and/or Revis/Hall/Prince come to the Packers this year and Lang will most likely get resigned

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
what's sad is jumping off the ledge with 432 posts per day 1 day into a new season when rosters won't even be set for 6 more months. That's short sighted and sad. Get pissed and then go do something productive at least.

I agree. Watching TT operate in free agency is about the least productive thing anyone could possibly do.

Staff online

Latest posts