So, you walk into a jersey shop...

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see a "discount" rack in front of you. It is filled with jerseys from players who are no longer on certain teams. For example: Marion Barber - Cowboys, Terrel Ownens - Bills, etc etc. Then, you see it: Brett Favre - Vikings...in your size none the less.

It brings up some awesome memories. I have been a Packers fan since 1994...so pretty much my entire childhood this man was THE man. MY QB for MY TEAM. Super Bowl XXXI, even the nicer parts of Super Bowl XXXII (the Mark Chmura TD in particular always stands out.). Just his over-all joking and fun attitude on the field. It kind of makes me miss him...but then I don't. I remember him getting cocky and constantly sitting on the "retirement" fence. I remember the last-minute interceptions that screw us out of Super Bowls and Championships. Such a mixed bag with him...for me at least.

Certain quotes from Brett just make me laugh over and over. "What, you think God never farted?" and "Put 'er in the ol' vice!!!" etc etc. Those are the memories I decide to keep in the forefront of the Favre file. Also the TD pass to Andre Rison and Antonio Freeman in XXXI.

Over all, I feel that the team did the right thing in sticking with Aaron Rodgers. I will never think differently. Aaron is a smarter, more accurate QB. He is more of a threat int he air and on the ground. I am so proud to be a Packers fan! We have blessed with having two great QBs back to back. So many teams have not been so lucky.

Maybe this is a pointless thread...but I felt I would share it with the Packers faithful.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
just little tid bit I heard yesterday...Back on July 13th?? 1992 Brett, Deanna and another player were arrested for fighting at a GB night club

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the younger Brett throwing down. I read in Sports Ill one time that Favre liked to hunt & play jokes. I read where he had put some deer ****(stores sell something similar so it attracts the deer)in the locker of a team mate. That's a lol & a bad moment rolled up in 1

Packer fan forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You see a "discount" rack in front of you. It is filled with jerseys from players who are no longer on certain teams. For example: Marion Barber - Cowboys, Terrel Ownens - Bills, etc etc. Then, you see it: Brett Favre - Vikings...in your size none the less.

It brings up some awesome memories. I have been a Packers fan since 1994...so pretty much my entire childhood this man was THE man. MY QB for MY TEAM. Super Bowl XXXI, even the nicer parts of Super Bowl XXXII (the Mark Chmura TD in particular always stands out.). Just his over-all joking and fun attitude on the field. It kind of makes me miss him...but then I don't. I remember him getting cocky and constantly sitting on the "retirement" fence. I remember the last-minute interceptions that screw us out of Super Bowls and Championships. Such a mixed bag with him...for me at least.

Certain quotes from Brett just make me laugh over and over. "What, you think God never farted?" and "Put 'er in the ol' vice!!!" etc etc. Those are the memories I decide to keep in the forefront of the Favre file. Also the TD pass to Andre Rison and Antonio Freeman in XXXI.

Over all, I feel that the team did the right thing in sticking with Aaron Rodgers. I will never think differently. Aaron is a smarter, more accurate QB. He is more of a threat int he air and on the ground. I am so proud to be a Packers fan! We have blessed with having two great QBs back to back. So many teams have not been so lucky.

Maybe this is a pointless thread...but I felt I would share it with the Packers faithful.

Great thoughts, ChicoCheese! I agree with you, though I was pretty upset when they first traded him. (But I would NEVER buy a Viqueens jersey, no matter whose name and number was on it! Ick!) However, we did come out much better in the long run (translation - NOW) with Aaron at the helm. We have only scratched the surface, I think, of what Aaron will accomplish with our team. I have been a proud Packer fan for my entire life, and that will never change. Go, Pack, Go!

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I was extremely upset when the Packers traded him. Loved the guy. His subsequent turn around and trashing the Green Bay Packers and their fan base has destroyed my respect for him.
No class. The antithesis of Barry Sanders and his ilk. Poor sportsman. **** BrInt!

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DevilDon: I completely understand. It was a real, real let down to see him fall from grace like that. However, as I mentioned before I choose to keep the happier moments at the forefront of my memory bank.

Packer Fan Forever: I DID NOT purchase the jersey. I realize I never made that clear in my opening post. I didn't even think about buying it...it was just ironic that they had it in my size I thought. If I am going to purchase any Favre jersey in the future it will be a Mitchell and Ness and of the Packers.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty much the same boat for me chico. But never ever ever ever ever ever in 1 million years would i buy that stinking purple rag of filth. Unless it was for some sort of ritual burning of sorts. ;) lol

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I would buy the Javon Walker jersey. Man that guy was a legend. Some people say he was a flash in the pan but no way!!!!!

OP
OP
Chicocheese

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd ignore it.

Farve who? Oh yeah, that ex-QB we used to have.

I can't dismiss him that easily.

Also, yeah it never crossed my mind to buy it, I just couldn't help but notice it...actually there was quite a few of them on that rack. I never see any older Packers jerseys on those racks though. Like a Ryan Grant or anything. Really a bummer.

Members online

Latest posts