So Who's It Going To Be?

spartacheese520

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Green Bay Packers search for a defensive coordinator is still going.

FRONT RUNNERS/FORMER FRONT RUNNERS

[ X ] MIKE NOLAN --> Denver Broncos

[ X ] GREGG WILLIAMS --> New Orleans Saints

[ ] DOM CAPERS --> According to NFL.com, the assistant coach of the New England Patriots is set for a visit and interview session in Titletown.

[ ] SEAN MCDERMOTT --> The current secondary coach of the Philadelphia Eagles. Perhaps he's the reason why the Packers still don't have a defensive coordinator. They're eyeing him but because the Eagles have made it deep into the playoffs, it's delaying the hiring process.

[ ] JIM HASLETT --> The Rams have put him out of the running for the head coaching position. Perhaps McCarthy will bury the hatchet with him and establish a newfound relationship?

[ ] WINSTON MOSS --> Oh the good ol' promote from within option.

WILD CARDS

[ ] ROMEO CRENNEL --> He's a 3-4 defense guy. That's probably what he has working against him being brought in to Green Bay.

[ ] BRIAN STEWART --> Recently released defensive coordinator of the Dallas Cowboys.

pacman5252

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally, I'd go with Moss or Haslett. I think our D is too inexperienced and not mature enough to run a complex blitz scheme that we've seen in Philly and NE. I know we need to change a few things up, but I don't think going blitz happy is the way to go

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pacman5252 said:
Personally, I'd go with Moss or Haslett. I think our D is too inexperienced and not mature enough to run a complex blitz scheme that we've seen in Philly and NE. I know we need to change a few things up, but I don't think going blitz happy is the way to go

Hey we cant get much worse in how our D was this year ... I say take out the old and bring in the totally new.

We are 1/2 way there

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I have a strong feeling it'll be McDermott. If it wasn't going to be him, we'd have the position filled by now. And honestly, i'm all for waiting if we get him. A Jim Johnson tutored DC would be awesome in my book. I see what the Eagles do on defense, and for that matter what the Giants do with Spagnuolo calling the plays and i'm jealous. I don't know that i've ever seen that kind of creativity out of a Green Bay defense. I want that. But here's my problem, McDermott will probably be a hot name when he finally becomes eligible to be interviewed, so i'd like to think McCarthy has a backup plan in case we don't get him. I think that's what all these other interviews are, back up plans, but I don't know that for sure.

Dulak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
take a look at the final teams here in the playoffs - almost all the teams have fantasitc D - that tells you something.

Members online

Latest posts