1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So ....What did we get?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by flep, Aug 8, 2008.

1. flep

flep Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry if this is a duplicate thread

But...

What did we get from the Jets for Favre?

What trades?

What Draft Picks.

I´m on holiday in sunny Spain at the moment and have been out of the loop for 5 days.

I´ll check back in as often as i can. But 1 euro for 10 minutes will kill me!!!!

And as I´m on an all Inclusive holiday the drink is killing me as well. Tromadz would love it here. All the drink you can take from 10AM till midnight!!!!!!!!!!

2. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessioni ... nfirm=true

Details of the deal

The Green Bay Packers traded Brett Favre to the New York Jets for a conditional fourth-round draft pick in 2009, but the deal comes with a number of stipulations, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

» If Favre takes 50 percent of snaps this season, the Packers get a third-round pick. At 70 percent of snaps and if the Jets qualify for the playoffs, Packers receive a second-rounder. If Favre takes 80 percent of snaps and Jets make the Super Bowl, Packers receive first-rounder.

» If Favre retires after one year and Packers get Jets' first-round pick, Packers would send Jets a fifth-rounder in 2010. Additionally, Favre must play in at least 50 percent of one playoff game for Packers to get that compensation. If Packers get second-rounder, Jets would get back sixth-rounder in 2010. If Packers get Jets' third-rounder, Jets would get seventh-rounder in 2010.

» The "poison pill" scenario: If Favre is traded to any team in NFC North, Jets would surrender three first-rounders to Green Bay. Trade also includes provisions preventing trade to another team if that new team were to trade him to NFC North.

» Favre's contract remains $12 million in base salary for this season.

3. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i think favre never should have gone to the jets and thompson wouldve gained respect

4. Favreforever721

Favreforever721 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So what are you suggesting Thompson do? Should he have traded him to the Vikings, Bears, or Buccaneers, all whom are on our schedule this year? I think this deal benefits the Jets and Packers, but hurts Brett Favre's legacy, because he will suffer a losing season and his stats will surely drop from last season.

5. starr15

starr15 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    dont trade him at all or give him to like the afc weak teams like the afc south

6. TheEngineer

TheEngineer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favre would have never approved and it would have dragged on for several weeks more.