So, lots of offensive picks this year.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Never ceases to amaze me how fans always see their college's players as a cut above. I'm an Oregon fan, but I'm not big on James. I have yet to decide if Ball is just another big bruising back or the star we need. I won't be convinced, I just have to keep watching the tape to see if I see "it" enough.

I'll be sure to phone him up and let him know he needs to flash "it" more often for you.. :facepalm:
The only reason Wisconsin RBs arent as highly regarded is because almost every year we produce 2 1st/2nd round OL. Ron Dayne just had to ruin it for everybody.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Loved this draft and I see these picks making a much bigger difference "offensively" than drafting a RB early in the draft (refuse to comment on drafting a WR, because that my friend is ridiculous). By loading up on defensive weapons we should at the worst be a middle of the league D in my opinion, by doing this I bet we make 1 or 2 more defensive stops a game we wouldn't have otherwise....hence putting the ball in A-Rod's hand to make the lead be even bigger. Drafting a RB early or even at all gives us what? A novelty RB in a passing system. I'd say unless we get a cheap signing in FA, we're good enough at RB.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I'll be sure to phone him up and let him know he needs to flash "it" more often for you.. :facepalm:
The only reason Wisconsin RBs arent as highly regarded is because almost every year we produce 2 1st/2nd round OL. Ron Dayne just had to ruin it for everybody.
Quite frankly, yup. I wasn't just talking about Wisconsin though, you should hear the Rutgers people talking up their guy. I even heard one USC guy I know say that Marc Taylor was the star back we needed. SMH.

Not that I'd trust your word on it (technically a biased view) but the "it" I was talking about was lateral explosiveness. I've seen flashes that might suggest it, but nothing consistent enough for my liking. If he's another North-South runner then he's just another dime-a-dozen and brings nothing to the table.

Reaction score
You should read the Vikings/Bearers forums...they are happy that Rodgers didn't get any new weapons. Pack fans need to stand up and admit the offense at RB and WR could use improvement.
The WR position could use improvement? We have a WR that is on our PRACTICE SQUAD that could be the #2 or 3 receiver for a few teams. Gurley even had offers from the Vikings and Jaguars to go to their active roster. How could we possibly need a receiver? And a running game would help our offense a bit but a 15-1 season with no running game means we really need no improvement.

Members online

Latest posts