So, lots of offensive picks this year.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm still not sure how I feel about this years draft class.. I would of liked to of got Alfonzo Denard CB or Chris Polk RB who were projected 1st/2nd round picks and as of right now are still dropping! But I trust in TT and I'm glad we got a full Defensive players package to work with!

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't believe Polk might not even get drafted now with only 5 or 6 picks left.

OP
OP
K

KNIGHTTIME

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should read the Vikings/Bearers forums...they are happy that Rodgers didn't get any new weapons. Pack fans need to stand up and admit the offense at RB and WR could use improvement.

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RB yes but we are plent set at WR. Shaky Smithson and Tori Gurley are still young prospects and showed a lot in training camp and preseason. Hopefully we can get Polk undrafted?!?

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should read the Vikings/Bearers forums...they are happy that Rodgers didn't get any new weapons. Pack fans need to stand up and admit the offense at RB and WR could use improvement.

Packers just signed WR Dale Moss

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A 6'4" 215lb. ex-division 1 basketball player. Can you say Antonio Gates?! ;)

PackersDraft

Draftnik
Reaction score
HAHA. That's funny. Packers have the best receiving core in the league. Get real.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
They should be more concerned with our defense improving.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I see so for them 15-1 wasn't very good. Cobb is going to be a force in the slot this year we have everyone back I think we can afford to go to the UDFA market to look for some talent.
If I were those bears fans I would be more concerned about protecting the baby from our newly invigorated pass rush.

RickInAZ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would we need more offensive picks? Other than RB, we're pretty much set on offense. We have the best receiving corp in the NFL. One of the best, if not THE best, QBs in the NFL. Our defense struggled to contain opposing offenses last year. Thompson drafted to the team's needs, and he did a good job of it.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Bears and Vikings fans tend to overlook is that Randall Cobb is an upgrade to our receiving corps and will probably be our 3rd receiver behind Nelson and Jennings.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Bears and Vikings fans tend to overlook is that Randall Cobb is an upgrade to our receiving corps and will probably be our 3rd receiver behind Nelson and Jennings.

Exactly, people would kill for our receiving corps, also hoping Finley has a year like he started off in 2010.
Running game was needed as much last year anyway, nor the year before so I dont see why people would be looking for one. Starks, grant, green (if healthy) and saine are well within capable of providing the running game that fits our system.

After posting the worst pass defense of all time when we posted one of the greatest offenses of all time is just silly to assume that you would spend these draft picks on offense.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Why does everyone keep clamoring for Polk? He was passed over by 32 NFL teams repeatedly. I gotta wonder what his fans see in him that every other NFL front office missed?

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Dude or Dudette, when you start reading Viqueens/Bares forums for validations of your perceptions it's time to check your fan meter and/or your football IQ. It's certainly an act of desperation when you have to get opinions of two of the saddest fan bases to augment your opinion.
And oh yes, the whales will never be safe again!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Incredibly happy!:D Especially considering the OL UDFA's we got. IMO there was a reason Polk was passed up, he wasn't the solution to our running game. It will continue to reek of at best mediocrity until we draft somebody who can run East-West and not just North-South. We have too many Polks already. Anybody else notice alot of FB projected UDFAs? Watch for the first Ted Thompson offensive first round pick next year, a star RB.
Why does everyone keep clamoring for Polk? He was passed over by 32 NFL teams repeatedly. I gotta wonder what his fans see in him that every other NFL front office missed?
A media hyped draft grade?

EvAn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incredibly happy!:D Especially considering the OL UDFA's we got. IMO there was a reason Polk was passed up, he wasn't the solution to our running game. It will continue to reek of at best mediocrity until we draft somebody who can run East-West and not just North-South. We have too many Polks already. Anybody else notice alot of FB projected UDFAs? Watch for the first Ted Thompson offensive first round pick next year, a star RB.

A media hyped draft grade?

Montee ball 2013!!!!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Montee ball 2013!!!!
Never ceases to amaze me how fans always see their college's players as a cut above. I'm an Oregon fan, but I'm not big on James. I have yet to decide if Ball is just another big bruising back or the star we need. I won't be convinced, I just have to keep watching the tape to see if I see "it" enough.

Members online

Latest posts