So Casey Matthews just tweeted...

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol i was talking to one of my friends (who is also a Packers fan) during the BCS National Championship game.

and we started talking about how awesome it would be if we drafted him so that he and his brother were both playing for us! if Casey becomes anywhere near the player Clay is, then it would be amazinggggg!

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Heeeeeeyy yaaaaay!!! The Matthew's Menace! :aggressive::aggressive:

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
AHHHH I want this so bad, I don't even care if it's practical haha. I know he's small, but he's still an impact player. Eff it, I'm not even going to make an argument. This is one of my "impulse buys," haha, for obvious reasons.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it'd be great to get another stud to compliment Clay(and even better if it were his brother), let's make sure he has some big time potential before we blow a pick on him just because his brother is on the team.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Question. How much control/ influence does The Duck (or any player for that matter) have over where he goes once he enters the draft. I want to know what our realistic chances are before I get my hopes up!

L

Lunchboxer

That would be a great complement to Clay. Im sure Casey Mathews would fit well into Dom Capers Scheme.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be so hard now with the resume Clay has provided, Casey probably won't slip past anyone if he has a great senior bowl & a big pro day

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
CaseyMatthews55
Someone put in a good word with TT...get me out to GB

Nice! lol

Someone can combine this with another Casey thread, I just thought people would want to see.

Am following the brothers, they tweet each other often. I told Larry Fitzgerald to get his *** out of AZ. and come to Green Bay.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Question. How much control/ influence does The Duck (or any player for that matter) have over where he goes once he enters the draft. I want to know what our realistic chances are before I get my hopes up!

Before a team drafts a player, they want to know if that player would be happy to be drafted by them. Agents and teams can play a lot of games. If the Packers told him that he would be their next draft choice in whatever round , he could have is Agent say he doesn't like your teams management, coach, defensive coach, defensive base scheme, whatever.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before a team drafts a player, they want to know if that player would be happy to be drafted by them. Agents and teams can play a lot of games. If the Packers told him that he would be their next draft choice in whatever round , he could have is Agent say he doesn't like your teams management, coach, defensive coach, defensive base scheme, whatever.

Thanks for the info, GreenGoldAngel!!! Be devious, Teddy!

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
so i havent really watched casey in college to be honest. how good is he in comparison to CM3 and Aj Hawk (this years hawk not previous years)

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While it'd be great to get another stud to compliment Clay(and even better if it were his brother), let's make sure he has some big time potential before we blow a pick on him just because his brother is on the team.

I think you need to watch the strip he had on Cam Newton. Same thing as Clay on Jacobs. Apparently, they are similar players, Casey could bulk up a bit to be like Clay but realistically he is very good in the middle.

I wouldn't mind risking a 1st rounder. There is something in that Matthews bloodline that is nothing but sheer football talent and knowledge. Plus our awesome LB coach will give him all the tools he needs to become a pro bowler like his brother. Clay didn't come into the league and rip until mid season last year. :happy0005:

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so i havent really watched casey in college to be honest. how good is he in comparison to CM3 and Aj Hawk (this years hawk not previous years)

Better speed than AJ. Good open field tackling, good intelligence. Sheds blockers relatively well, good reading the run. He is a solid late 1st to 2nd round pick if the draft started today. At least according to what I have seen and read. I just posted about the fumble he forced on Newton, it just shows he has the same love for the game Clay does and in the end that's what it's all gotta come down to. He'd make an interesting addition. Bring a lot of speed and strength to the middle. Him and Bish would be insane. Looks to me like a Capers' dream.