1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

So Cal Fans, San Diego Tailgate

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by realcaliforniacheese, Jul 27, 2011.

1. TheGreenJay

TheGreenJay Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    hey there, my friend and i are going to the game Nov.6 and this would be our first packer game and our first tailgate party. And would like to get more info on how to go about joining you guys.

2. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +965
    Great Jay,

When we start getting closer to the game I will be contacting everyone so we can get things organized.

3. John Dingeldein

John Dingeldein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey all! My wife surprised me with tickets to this game! We are coming in from Atlanta and can't wait. I want to make sure I know where all the good beer and brats are! Keep me informed. I want to buy parking beforehand so I know where to go to get a beer with new friends. ROLL PACK ROLL!

• Like Like x 1
  4. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Cool, Stay tuned.

5. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    Still havnt purchased my tickets (prices are nuts), now that i see everyone talking about tailgating parties im interested in joining the massive party! ahah. I dont know anything about it though as far as prices, where to park or anything but yeah im interested in joining along for the big game. Any info just let me know, thanks in advance! gopackgo!

6. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    I will be there with several other Wisconsinites. Would like to know where Packer Forum Headquarters will be.

7. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    This is going to be a huge game for both teams......I've been to the last 4 Packer games here and the parking lot is nothing but madness(in a good way). The fairweather fan base here does tailgate well, but they have a tendency to be on the rowdy side. You will see more green and gold in the parking lot than the other team.Get there as early as you can, cuz it's a zoo in the parking lot. Something you will notice inside,,,,,when the Chargers first come onto the field for thier warmups...they get a few cheers for their team, but when the Packers come out,they get a standing ovation and loud applause, then the Charger fans start booing because Packer fans make more noise

• Like Like x 1
  8. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    M
    My brother in law (Packer fan living near San Diego) said we will be getting to the stadium around 9 a.m. I'm anticiaping a full day of craziness. :roflmao:

9. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    Gates open at 9am

10. John Dingeldein

John Dingeldein Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    I got a parking pass for section B3 reserved. I hope there are some green and gold folks nearby

11. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    COOL, COOL, COOL, GBG,

Rob dog and I are going to be talking in the near future. If we can get as many people to meet at a predetermined place and then caravan into the parking lot we can create a block party. Stay tuned. I have been working forums, meetup groups, yahoo groups, put adds in craigs list. we are going to have a great time

• Like Like x 3
  12. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    I am coming up with a plan so you will be able to spot us from a long way off.

13. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    I plan to be in line by 6 or so

14. NACHOMAN

NACHOMAN Sailing the seas of cheese

Ratings:
    +55
    Stoked to be sharing this completely awesome experience with my fellow fans. I've been waiting a long time for this. Ill be the tall guy in the Clay Matthews throwback jersey sailing the seas of cheese. On a serious note post some landmarkers of your tailgate camps. Ill be seeing all of us. PAC !!!!!

15. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Thanks for spear-heading this thing.
    I can't wait. My airfare and tickets are already purchased!

The Chargers MIGHT be running into a little trouble if Antonio Gates is out for awhile.
    Ironically, Jermichael Finley is the new Antonio Gates.

16. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Ugh I wish I could make this trip. It sounds like too much fun to miss

17. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    Are you within driving distance of San Diego?

18. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    As it gets closer more serious plans will be in the works. All I am looking to do is get as many cars as we can to meet up somewhere to caravan to the stadium and setup a Packer village. Then let the party begin. For the Fly ins I am going to have beer, brats and maybe some Booyah!.

19. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    I am but I have something else that weekend now. If I didn't have my other priority, I would be at that game in a heartbeat

20. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,011
    Unless it is your own funeral, it can't be that important. I mean, we're talking Packer football, not your basic run-of-the-mill NFL or college game.

• Like Like x 2
  21. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Exactly. Even weddings don't take priority. Weddings happen all the time. The Packers only make it to San Diego about once every 6-8 years. Or longer.

22. Guacamole

Guacamole Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +93
    He probably has to go to a Bar/Bat Mitzfah with his wife. It's gotta do something with wife. I'll betcha

23. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Four of us coming in from Michigan. Seats close to you cheese - field level behind Packer bench. No obstructed - will find out the row.

24. realcaliforniacheese

Ratings:
    +965
    I mean we are talking about the DEFENDING WORLD CHAMPION, GREEN BAY PACKERS, coming to your back yard. We are talking about the opportunity to celebrate this Championship with your kindred brethren from all over the country, before and after our victory. We are talking about a memory that will last you a lifetime. how many times is this going to happen in your lifetime? By the looks of your avatar you were just a baby the last time.

Don't take this for granted. The 90's Packers went to 4 straight NFC title games, they won two in a row, they only one Superbowl. Glory is fleeting and opportunity's once lost are seldom regained. Listen to my old wise words.

25. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    It is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I can't make it happen now. I was so excited with all the plans I was making and now, it sucks. If I were to flake on my priority, I would make so many people hate me. I guess it sucks growing up but I have my whole life ahead of me to see my Packers play. I guess that's my only upside to this. And yes I was only 5 years old last time it happened