Sick of it - I must vent!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Favre alot! But his dragging his feet does NOT help the team.
I have seen this compared to a normal "job" in this thread. It's not even close. Favre can walk away and never have to worry about how to pay his bills, pay his rent, whatever. In fact, his kids will never have to worry either. He made more "working" to age 35 then probably everyone on this board put together. Yes, he earned it. But he was born in a family that had a football coach as a Dad, and had the size/talent and chance to play. He has gone through personal tradgedy, this is true. When i was 16, my Grandfather died, and 13 days later my Dad died. When i was 36, my Father in law died, and 6 days later my brother dropped dead. My Mom died when i was 33. Yet i had to keep going to work. If i had not become disabled, i'd still be working. My wife has to work, as my dosability pay would barely pay the rent, let alone anything else. I don't have 50 million in the bank. Brett's set for life, at age 35. How many people have that chance? So for us average people, it's hard for us to understand sometimes how it can be that hard to decide obe way or another to play a game, or not play a game. He has the rest of his life to play golf, drive his tractor, WHATEVER he wants to do. While my wife will probably have to work her butt off to age 67 just to keep a roof over our heads. And then WHO knows how we will survive. Thats just one reason why i hope i don't live that long.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How does the delay hurt this team? Brett is not putting himself in front of the team. What would we have done Different if he retired right after the Seattle game last year?

Bring in a veteran QB so we could be 7-9 or 8-8 for 3 years until Rodgers was supposedly ready? Then Rodgers could step in and we could go 4-12 for 3-4 years. When Brett goes Rodgers had better be ready to step up. If he's not, then we can begin searching for our future QB. The sooner it starts the sooner we either sh*t or get off the pot. Why in the world would you want to bring in a guy like Kitna when all he would be is a temporary patch?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I have seen this compared to a normal "job" in this thread. It's not even close. Favre can walk away and never have to worry about how to pay his bills, pay his rent, whatever. In fact, his kids will never have to worry either. He made more "working" to age 35 then probably everyone on this board put together. Yes, he earned it. But he was born in a family that had a football coach as a Dad, and had the size/talent and chance to play. He has gone through personal tradgedy, this is true. When i was 16, my Grandfather died, and 13 days later my Dad died. When i was 36, my Father in law died, and 6 days later my brother dropped dead. My Mom died when i was 33. Yet i had to keep going to work. If i had not become disabled, i'd still be working. My wife has to work, as my dosability pay would barely pay the rent, let alone anything else. I don't have 50 million in the bank. Brett's set for life, at age 35. How many people have that chance? So for us average people, it's hard for us to understand sometimes how it can be that hard to decide obe way or another to play a game, or not play a game. He has the rest of his life to play golf, drive his tractor, WHATEVER he wants to do. While my wife will probably have to work her butt off to age 67 just to keep a roof over our heads. And then WHO knows how we will survive. Thats just one reason why i hope i don't live that long.

Cheesey,

I completely sympathize with your situation, but be careful of falling into the same trap you are accusing others of. You lost your grandfather and father in a 13 day span, which would be extremely difficult for anyone to endure. I am in no way comparing your experience to mine, Brett's or anyone else's, but because you found a way to get through what has happened to you is no measure of how someone else adjusts to personal tragedy. Everyone is different, and where you may have found solace in one way of thinking, it may not work for someone else in the exact same circumstances.

No offence intended, Cheesey. I am just trying to keep things in perspective.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
cheesey said:

Cheesey,

I completely sympathize with your situation, but be careful of falling into the same trap you are accusing others of. You lost your grandfather and father in a 13 day span, which would be extremely difficult for anyone to endure. I am in no way comparing your experience to mine, Brett's or anyone else's, but because you found a way to get through what has happened to you is no measure of how someone else adjusts to personal tragedy. Everyone is different, and where you may have found solace in one way of thinking, it may not work for someone else in the exact same circumstances.

No offence intended, Cheesey. I am just trying to keep things in perspective.

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Robert......i'm not accusing anyone of anything. Everyone handles things differently. My Mom had to figure out every month how to make the house payments after my Dad died, until her house was paid off. My Dad was only 44, and didn't have much insurance. My only comparison was that Brett's family, even if their house got destroyed (like with the hurricane) they could have it rebuilt tomorrow without having to worry where the finances would come from. The devastation is still there, but they have the means to try to "fix" it. His situation is very different from "average" people. And i KNOW many people go through much worse then i have, and come out on the other side. Favre's life is just under the microscope. When i went through mine, i was alone. No one to help me. At the time, no one cared. I'm still here though, so i guess i made it.
I just have seen some use Favre's off field problems as a reason for him to hang it up. He doesn't NEED a reason. If he wants to quit, he can. He has the resources to do so if he wants. More power to him. If i could have time back with my Mom, my Dad, and others i have lost, i would grab it. I didn't have a choice......he does.
I truely do hope that whatever he decides to do, he has a long and healthy life!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Robert......i'm not accusing anyone of anything. Everyone handles things differently. My Mom had to figure out every month how to make the house payments after my Dad died, until her house was paid off. My Dad was only 44, and didn't have much insurance. My only comparison was that Brett's family, even if their house got destroyed (like with the hurricane) they could have it rebuilt tomorrow without having to worry where the finances would come from. The devastation is still there, but they have the means to try to "fix" it. His situation is very different from "average" people. And i KNOW many people go through much worse then i have, and come out on the other side. Favre's life is just under the microscope. When i went through mine, i was alone. No one to help me. At the time, no one cared. I'm still here though, so i guess i made it.
I just have seen some use Favre's off field problems as a reason for him to hang it up. He doesn't NEED a reason. If he wants to quit, he can. He has the resources to do so if he wants. More power to him. If i could have time back with my Mom, my Dad, and others i have lost, i would grab it. I didn't have a choice......he does.
I truely do hope that whatever he decides to do, he has a long and healthy life!

I apologize Cheesey. I misunderstood your original post and ask you to please ignore my reply above. Honestly, with all the Favre bashing on here lately, I jumped the gun a bit without quite understanding what you were saying. :oops:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Cajed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand what Favre is saying about getting some good players so he can still compete. I want him to come back and I believe he is still a great QB. But he can't do it alone and that seems to be what he is saying.

I am also fine with what TT is doing. Release Sharper, OK. Releasing Rivera, firing Sherman(I liked Sherman as a coach but not a GM), but still OK. Letting longwell go etc... But to realease Mike Wahl has been a huge mistake. All Pro gaurd who can move well and would even fit in great with our new OL scheme. When I read an article in the Milwaukee Journal interviewing Wahl when TT was first hired. He said that he heard that TT doesn't think OG's are important parts of the team. Wahl also stated that he doubt's if he would be back even though he wanted to come back and was still under contract.

That is TT's downfall. Nothing else. OG's are important and we all seen what happened. The Packers would have been much better last year and Farve's attitude toward things would be way different.

How could a GM think that about the OL? And not get a replacement or make cap room for a player of that caliber go. I could maybe see if we had the other gaurd spot filled but with two all pro's gone? (i know Wahl wasn't an all pro before this last year but everyone knew he was that good).

TT screwed up big time and Favre is letting him know it. (TT) "Hmm, we got one of the greatest QB's of all time who has a couple of great years left. I think I'll get journy men OG's that suck or are unproven to protect him and send our season down the toilet. Then Favre could get hurt big time or look real bad and I could have everyone blame him if things go bad."

If anyone can find that article with Wahl, could you please post it?
Thanks

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey PD--

Read my post on Chmura blasts Favre and go to the link.

He is dead on.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. This guy is way out of bounds and for the good of the team he should retire while a small amount of honor is left.

Brett Favre is becoming an albatross around the neck of the Packers, and while I've not been on TT's side much, he has handled this exactly how it should be handled.

To hell with Brett Favre. This 'retirement' crap has wrecked me for a long time on his 'legacy'.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Hey PD--

Read my post on Chmura blasts Favre and go to the link.

He is dead on.

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee. This guy is way out of bounds and for the good of the team he should retire while a small amount of honor is left.

Brett Favre is becoming an albatross around the neck of the Packers, and while I've not been on TT's side much, he has handled this exactly how it should be handled.

To hell with Brett Favre. This 'retirement' crap has wrecked me for a long time on his 'legacy'.

Damn....how is Brett going to sleep at night? net is "wrecked for a long time" on Brett's legacy.

Longtime forum watchers know that Brett's lecacy was wrecked with you as soon as he smoked all of Bart Starr's records. Don't be bitter my man. Life's too short.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anubis said:
cheesey said:

I apologize Cheesey. I misunderstood your original post and ask you to please ignore my reply above. Honestly, with all the Favre bashing on here lately, I jumped the gun a bit without quite understanding what you were saying. :oops:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

Hey.......no problem Robert! I know sometimes typed words don't come across as easy as sitting and talking with someone. I have done the same thing, thought someone meant something different.
Apology accepted!

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh please NET. Tell me how Brett is holding this team back from doing anything. The only thing GB would have done different is sign a veteran QB to waste 2-3 years of 8-8 football before A-Rod comes in.

He's forcing TT's hand to do something with this team. He should have done this 3-4 years ago when he was wasting away his last few years while GB was not signing any decent Free Agents and wasting draft picks on punters.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
reason # 213 Favres indecision is hurting the Packers:

Favre is making GB look like punks. He is making GB look like the players run the team. Now, I know some of you are saying, "well TT should just cut him then." But you are not thinking. A 2nd year GM can not cut a HoF QB. They are wearing their kid gloves in this situation, because they want Favre back...and Favre knows it. He is making bad jokes, he is saying it is "wait and see" and NONE of that is good for GB.

Im not bashing favre, i love favre. I just dont like this situation one bit. Just come back brett.

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I actually think that Brett is running the team and he's doing it better than all the clowns in the last decade have.

Finally we have had an off-season with some key signings. Taylor,Manual,Pickett,Boerichter,Green,Kampman,Etc.

Maybe if Brett would have done this 3-4 years ago we would had team truly capable of contending for the SB.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i agree, shermans tenure sucked.

MM ..lets give him a chance, eh?

TT...is in his 2nd year, making some OK moves...

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree but would he have made these moves without Favre stating he wanted some help? We will never know I guess?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
actually it looks like TT is doing just that, but not saying it.

Which is why so many people on this forum are upset with him, for not signing 7 offensive linemen by now.

they call it a conspiracy for TT pushing favre out.

I call it, "no good guards in free agency"

favres waiting game is faulty. GB was destined to wait till the draft to get guard help(cuz of there being only 1 good guard in free agency who signed a record offersheet) so favre is going to have to wait till the draft

or hes gonna crack and come back...or retire.

but his plan was faulty from the get go. which makes me sad! :(

D.Levens

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
Oh please NET. Tell me how Brett is holding this team back from doing anything. The only thing GB would have done different is sign a veteran QB to waste 2-3 years of 8-8 football before A-Rod comes in.

He's forcing TT's hand to do something with this team. He should have done this 3-4 years ago when he was wasting away his last few years while GB was not signing any decent Free Agents and wasting draft picks on punters.

This is the best post yet..

Favre should have done something like this 2-3 years ago when Sherman was f****** up as GM..and forced him to hire some real talent at receiver instead of drafting a bunch of rookies that take 2-3 years to develop into anything...

and some never do..(Ferguson)

OP
OP
P

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nah, it was justified but we just disagree, not the first time.

Anyways, I am thoroughly convinced that BF is coming back. In fact, I am 99.9% sure.

The longer he waits the more of an itch he will get. I think he knows he is coming back and so does TT and MM.

Cajed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trom

I hope you weren't reading between the lines to much about my statement. I never heard anybody say they want 7 OL signed and saying TT is a conspiritor. We all know what's out their for free agents. It's just so obvious that the pack was going to be hurting with out their starting gaurds and no one to replace at least one of them.

I think you need to get yourself a woman. Your on every post ten times and all you do is cut other people and act like you know it all.

Members online

Latest posts