should we worry about the EAGLES?

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
More specifically, Vick?

We stopped them earlier this year, but, we put the points up on Kolb, Vick erased them very fast. And efficiently. In his first action in a long time.

Not saying or implying anything, but should we run into this team again in JAN, how worried should we be?

My biggest concern is that he negates Matthews. Matthews is FAST, Vick is a little faster, allowing him to get the play off. That seems to be our kryptonite... allowing juuuuusssst enough time to make a play. hurt us early today on 3rd downs, has hurt us in EVERY loss this season.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, Vick is the toughest matchup, here's why:

You can't get pressure on him unless you blitz a guy or two.
And you don't want to do that because if he squeezes thru there, he can run like a fricking deer, forever. He can score. He's like Chris Johnson when taking off.

So you don't blitz him and he has all day to throw...... and he's a good passer now and they have 2 good WRs (Jackson is better than good), plus a good RB outta the backfield.

That's a damn tough team.

It's impressive that we've won there this year, and in NY at the Jets. Who has more impressive wins than that?

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I posted an Eagles thread in the news forum last week after the Skins game.

http://www.packerforum.com/f11/ut-oh-eagles-24337.html

I was worried about the same thing. I'm not really sure, they are playing really well against the Giants tonight but at the same time they are not closing them out. It leaves the Giants a chance at a comeback. If we did meet them in the playoffs, it would be a tense game. Vick is lookin sic, D doesn't look that bad either. Or maybe the Giants are just off their game.. I'm trying to get a real read on them, hard to do that in a divisional game though.

OP
OP
DTown SBrown

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
see, i would want a team like the Giants to face them again or the Falcons before we get a crack. We can beat them, but I would feel better about those teams getting lucky and then us just being good against the team that beats them.

Vick is just like Madden video games. He isnt super great, but his speed is like a cheat code. All bets are off when Vick is playing. I do NOT want to play them again this year.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everything could change by then. Not that I havent thought about it.

All i am thinking about right now is the Falcons!

Winning that game could setup top ranking in the playoffs.

But like I started out, everything could change by then......

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the answer(s) for Vick are CM3 and Woodson. I think our D could handle him. It didn't take them long to assimilate to Vick in the Eagles game. They had also studied under a Kolb offense, Vick was more of a monkey wrench and I think they handled it well for being unprepared.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the last team I would want to face. Actually not really any of the other teams scare me in the NFC. So by default...

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its the last team I would want to face. Actually not really any of the other teams scare me in the NFC. So by default...
well they are not looking to hot right now. I might have to bump it up to 75/25 yeah that sounds much better:happy0005:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I think of all the NFC teams, the Eagles pose the biggest challenges match up wise due to Vick's scrambling ability. They might have a SB team on their hands right now. Hell yeah, Eagles make me nervous. Might be their year to get to a SB.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the answer(s) for Vick are CM3 and Woodson. I think our D could handle him. It didn't take them long to assimilate to Vick in the Eagles game. They had also studied under a Kolb offense, Vick was more of a monkey wrench and I think they handled it well for being unprepared.
Good point

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles are gonna lose this game if they are not careful. They should of had this shut down at the end of the half. I counted 2, maybe 3 missed catches that should of been TDs had they been caught. Eagles have a tendency to self destruct, trust me, all the years I spent as an Eagle fan has taught me something. The Packers may not need worry about beating the Eagles, the Eagles will beat themselves. Now they got injuries all over the place in this game. That's the last thing they need.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Hey Kitten, Packers have shown they can beat themselves too, especially by the little things that refs have and not protecting the QB at the right time. So its not like we are immune to shooting ourselves in the foot. plus the 4 and 26th was an Eagles game that will forever be in Packer history infamy.

I do think we have what it takes to beat the Eagles again, our D-Line can at least hold Vick enough to trap him the few times we will need it, and I bet Woodson, Williams, and Shields can cover Vick's receivers pretty well.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't we play them and practically anihilated them at their field???
If we play D like we are, we shouldn't worry about anyone, quite frankly...

Yes, Vick wasn't playing at this level, but our D wasn't as well.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Didn't we play them and practically anihilated them at their field???
If we play D like we are, we shouldn't worry about anyone, quite frankly...

Yes, Vick wasn't playing at this level, but our D wasn't as well.

Very true. Very very true.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think of all the NFC teams, the Eagles pose the biggest challenges match up wise due to Vick's scrambling ability. They might have a SB team on their hands right now. Hell yeah, Eagles make me nervous. Might be their year to

I want them in GB to have a better shot cuz I agree with your point..

Although after today seems like GB offense is finally starting to click, and that will help

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
And after watching the end of the Eagles game, I'm not quite as worried about the Eagles as I was before. They are beatable. Giants should have beat them if they didn't go full retard in the 4th. However, if we do have to play em again I agree LTF, I want them in Lambeau.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys to be honest, I wouldn't worry so much. I grew up with this team, they almost always choke in the post season. I doubt we'd play them, they would probably draw the Giants, maybe Skins if they can pull it together. When I talk about them shooting themselves in the foot, I'm saying they are masters of it. I would put our D above theirs for sure. O lines appear to be pretty evenly matched.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vick is a threat that can not be game planned for like a "typical" q/b can be game planned for

Lets see how the Pack fair vs the Falcons before making an assesment

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yep, Falcons are gonna be a good good test for us. Especially since it's a team that we aren't familiar with.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, worry about the Falcons first. That will give us a good idea of where we really line up. The Eagles, if they are still around, are the future's problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts