should we worry about the EAGLES?

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree, worry about the Falcons first. That will give us a good idea of where we really line up. The Eagles, if they are still around, are the future's problem.
Yes lets whoop the falcons baby!!!! Im so happpy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:happy0005::viksux:

Veretax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly may blink down the stretch. If we win the Division and secure home field advantage or at least 2nd, meaning Phily is hosting or playing in a WC game, then I'm not worried. Let's see Vick run on the frozen tundra :D

I'm more worried about Atlanta right now We need this win badly, and it would be a huge statement, because people have been writing us off. if we beat Atlanta, now we have a tie breaker potentially for home field advantage. But its a tall order Atlanta is tough to beat at home.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philly may blink down the stretch. If we win the Division and secure home field advantage or at least 2nd, meaning Phily is hosting or playing in a WC game, then I'm not worried. Let's see Vick run on the frozen tundra :D

I'm more worried about Atlanta right now We need this win badly, and it would be a huge statement, because people have been writing us off. if we beat Atlanta, now we have a tie breaker potentially for home field advantage. But its a tall order Atlanta is tough to beat at home.
were 0-1 on that one :(.. but yeah we win. nfc is ours.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

Lets see who Philly has to play and were they end up at the end of the season.

Chicago 7-3, Most Packer fans have Philly winning this one so the Pack can lead the north.
Houston 4-6, yup they will kill the Eagles.
@Dallas 3-7, Division game, tough. Dallas wins.
@ Giants 6-4, rematch, Giants should take this one.
Vikings, 3-7, Philly will be playing second stringers in the 3rd.
Dallas, 3-7, Another tough division game, Philly wins this one.

So I have Philly winning only 2 more games! Right. More likely they will win 5 of 6 losing to the Giants. So they end up 12-4.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Lets see who Philly has to play and were they end up at the end of the season.

Chicago 7-3, Most Packer fans have Philly winning this one so the Pack can lead the north.
Houston 4-6, yup they will kill the Eagles.
@Dallas 3-7, Division game, tough. Dallas wins.
@ Giants 6-4, rematch, Giants should take this one.
Vikings, 3-7, Philly will be playing second stringers in the 3rd.
Dallas, 3-7, Another tough division game, Philly wins this one.

So I have Philly winning only 2 more games! Right. More likely they will win 5 of 6 losing to the Giants. So they end up 12-4.
Houston isn't beating Philly. Have you seen Houston's defense this year? Vick might throw for 500 and run for 200. :icon_lol:

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
well honestly giants showed last night how to keep vicks run to a minimum. and on wingheads.com aka the eagles forum one guy posts the blueprint on how to shut down vick

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Houston isn't beating Philly. Have you seen Houston's defense this year? Vick might throw for 500 and run for 200. :icon_lol:
Duh, no kidding. Just goes to show you how people think Philly is going to fold. For those that do, tells us, who on that list has a good chance of beating them? I see the Giants in NY, maybe. The Eagles could very easily run the table. I don't see the Packers doing the same. And they will have to to get HFA away from the Eagles.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
The Eagles don't scare me, even WITH Vick. Vick did as well against the Packers as he did because we game planned for Kolb, Vick was a trick play. MM mentioned Vick when talking about Rodgers mobility. Dom talked about how it would be difficult to contain Rodgers. Trust me, Dom has a plan, his defense faces Rodgers every practice, I know, I know, Rodgers is not Vick on the ground, but I have complete and total faith in this defense to keep a spy at home and contain him.
Packers are one of the few teams to get a serious rush with 3 or 4 people, that leaves a heck of alot of LBs to spy and so on. I am tense about Atlanta though, solid all around.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they looked very good against the red skins,descent against phiiy and the way,the d-line played yesterday all phases of the team you have that you have a team that wins,rifht now i think we are good the falcons,we'll see how we do that game will speak volumes.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I know, I know, Rodgers is not Vick on the ground,

No he's not. He's smarter and can throw the ball longer on the run (Rodgers that is). The Packers will have a tougher time against Atlanta than anyone remaining on their schedule. The Eagles are too much of a "flavor of the week" in the NFL.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
No he's not. He's smarter and can throw the ball longer on the run (Rodgers that is). The Packers will have a tougher time against Atlanta than anyone remaining on their schedule. The Eagles are too much of a "flavor of the week" in the NFL.
But I can't envision another NFL offense having their way with the Packers defense. It will be hard fought and close of course, but I have alot confidence in the coaches to have them ready to make plays

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles look to be the #1 seed in the NFC. Packers have an EXCELLENT chance of being the #2 seed. Only the Packers see Philadelphia would be in the NFC Championship Game. If that happens, I will worry about Vick and Co. then.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked, we have as much chance as anyone of getting the #1 seed.

The only 8-2 team is Atlanta, but we play them. If we win, we're tied, but we have the head-to-head advantage.
We're tied with Chicago, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Tampa Bay at 7-3.
We have a direct game with Chicago, so we can surpass them.
We're ahead of Tampa Bay in the divisional tiebreaker, with them already having 2 conference losses.
And though the Saints are ahead of us, they have one extra divisional game, so we can still tie with them. Then it goes common games and strenght of schedule, where they'll probably win.

So, to conclude, if we win out, the only team that can finish ahead of us are the Saints, if they win out...

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just can't picture the Pack winning out, although if they were to play every remaining game like they played the last 3 quarters of yesterday's game it could be possible. Even if they do play that well, it's still not probable IMO. We've got some tough games against some tough teams coming up, with many of those games on the road.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last time I checked, we have as much chance as anyone of getting the #1 seed.

The only 8-2 team is Atlanta, but we play them. If we win, we're tied, but we have the head-to-head advantage.
We're tied with Chicago, Philadelphia, New Orleans and Tampa Bay at 7-3.
We have a direct game with Chicago, so we can surpass them.
We're ahead of Tampa Bay in the divisional tiebreaker, with them already having 2 conference losses.
And though the Saints are ahead of us, they have one extra divisional game, so we can still tie with them. Then it goes common games and strenght of schedule, where they'll probably win.

So, to conclude, if we win out, the only team that can finish ahead of us are the Saints, if they win out...

Just an observation PRS

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I just can't picture the Pack winning out, although if they were to play every remaining game like they played the last 3 quarters of yesterday's game it could be possible. Even if they do play that well, it's still not probable IMO. We've got some tough games against some tough teams coming up, with many of those games on the road.
Why not? I surely can. Tell me who is the absolute loss to? If the defense continues to dominate the way it has, I think we'll be in every game.
You say the last three quarters. We only didn't do anything in the first quarter yesterday because we were setting up the rest of the game, looking over their defensive set. Seeing what they were doing. It didn't take long and the offense figured that out didn't they?
In today's NFL of parity, I like our chances of winning out, will they? probably not, but you can't say we have a "L" for sure at any upcoming game.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sould we be worried?
HELL YEAH!
They look Great, Top 3 team in the League right now (IMHO)

Off. looks awesome w. Vick, McCoy, and a great WR cast.
Def. is top ten
ST.... well DJAX is a playmaker and Akers can kick the longball AND is a cold weather kicker.

I keep thinking back to that playoff game in GB back in 01 I think.... ATL Vs GB, Favre Vs Vick....

Yeah, I got to watch that *** kicking in person and this Eagles team looks way better than that falcons team!

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now, I'd say I'm far more worried about playing Atlanta next week. They've proven to be nearly unbeatable in the Georgia Dome... Ryan has only 1 loss there as the starter(i believe). But I would really dread facing Philly in the playoffs

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right, I agree.

Do you see anyone else winning it out?

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not? I surely can. Tell me who is the absolute loss to? If the defense continues to dominate the way it has, I think we'll be in every game.
You say the last three quarters. We only didn't do anything in the first quarter yesterday because we were setting up the rest of the game, looking over their defensive set. Seeing what they were doing. It didn't take long and the offense figured that out didn't they?
In today's NFL of parity, I like our chances of winning out, will they? probably not, but you can't say we have a "L" for sure at any upcoming game.

Let me get this straight. I said that while it's possible for the Pack to win out, I thnk it's improbable. Somehow, you read that as me saying there would be an absolute loss. Then you went on a rant for about a paragraph, and ended it by saying that while it's possible for the Pack to win out, it's not probable. Stellar.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Let me get this straight. I said that while it's possible for the Pack to win out, I thnk it's improbable. Somehow, you read that as me saying there would be an absolute loss. Then you went on a rant for about a paragraph, and ended it by saying that while it's possible for the Pack to win out, it's not probable. Stellar.
You said "I just can't picture the Pack winning out" right?
I can picture it. You can't. Where's the rant? Because I have more faith in the team than you? Whoa Bro. Chill out. I'm not attacking you, I'm merely stating my opinion. Is that okay if it contradicts yours?
I'm enjoying the high of the team playing really, really well, if you wanna sit and fret about possible let downs go to it, I won't stand in your way. One thing is for certain, I'm not out of line to think they CAN win out, but you of course, "can't picture it"
I've just got High Def vision for this team Dan, I get the picture. Take care.

Big Dan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When someone says they can't picture something, that doesn't equate to impossibility. It means they don't see it happening. It means that it's not likely. If I had meant that there would be an "absolute loss" I would have said there would be an "absolute loss".

The rant was all the gibberish about how they didn't do anything in the first quarter because they were "setting up the rest of the game." That sounds like Pee Wee Herman with his "I meant to do that" line, and is just about as believable. As far as it being okay if your opinion contradicts mine goes, of course it's okay.

I'm also not sitting here fretting about possible letdowns. I just don't think it's likely that the Pack will win out this year. How you managed to make the very large leap from there to "fretting about possible letdowns" is another mystery to me.

And I'm not your "bro".

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chill out both of you. Dan, that comparison wasn't okay, and DevilDon didn't rant.
Though, yes, he misunderstood you. In no way, shape or form did you complain about the Packers.

Actually, reading both comments, I think both misunderstood each other. But let's keep it polite, ok guys?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts