Should the Packers Throw the Ball More?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Dang another thread I have to monitor as it looks the be turning into another rehash of the NFCCG. I should just close it now to save time.

H

HardRightEdge

You continue to ignore the facts putting blame on the offense and special teams for the loss in the NFCCG.
Actually, not. Over the course of a 150 plays in a football game, mistakes are made, be it on offense, special teams, defense. I prefer to focus not on a second half special teams gaff or the failure of the offense to get a first down while running out the clock as the ultimate cause of the loss.

When you get down to it, this was a lousy football game with plenty of mistakes made by both teams leading up to the concluding minutes. In the end, a string of defensive failures, play after play, far outside the bounds of a few isolated mistakes, matters most at closing time.

H

HardRightEdge

Dang another thread I have to monitor as it looks the be turning into another rehash of the NFCCG. I should just close it now to save time.
You're the boss. It's the hangover that remains as the cloud over this season, to mix metaphors, more than the Nelson injury. Getting past it, fixing the things that caused it, are the primary theme of this season. Close away....

D

Deleted member 6794

Actually, not. Over the course of a 150 plays in a football game, mistakes are made, be it on offense, special teams, defense. I prefer to focus not on a second half special teams gaff or the failure of the offense to get a first down while running out the clock as the ultimate cause of the loss.

Yeah, why care about a TD the special teams gave up, an interception thrown by Rodgers in FG range because he thought he had a free play, not scoring a TD on two consecutive drives from the one-yard line, a botched onside kickoff or a single first down that would have ended the game late in the first quarter when it's that easy blaming Capers for mistakes made by defensive players???

Don't get me wrong, the defense deserves blame for not being able to get a final stop but not including the mistakes made by the offense or special teams during that game as reasons for why we lost that game is the wrong way to look at it.

H

HardRightEdge

...not scoring a TD on two consecutive drives from the one-yard line...
You endorsed kicking field goals in those situations in past discussions, as do I.

Everything that preceded pales when it comes to closing time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
IMO blaming the defense exclusively for that loss is only possible if you begin with the conclusion (it's always Capers' fault) in spite of evidence to the contrary.

D

Deleted member 6794

You endorsed kicking field goals in those situations in past discussions, as do I.

I still agree with kicking the field goal on both occassions but the offense had six attempts within the 7-yard line (two from the 1) to score a TD before having to settle for two FGs.

And what about all the other plays I mentioned you continue to ignore???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts