Should have called timeout?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your logic so correct me if I'm wrong here. You're saying that because New England had three CBs in the game and the LB off of the line, that means that Belichick anticipated a pass play?

H

HardRightEdge

I'm not sure I understand your logic so correct me if I'm wrong here. You're saying that because New England had three CBs in the game and the LB off of the line, that means that Belichick anticipated a pass play?
One LB off the line, out of position to stop a 1/2 yard run. Compare and contrast to the alignment on Lynch's 3 yd. TD run where Seattle had 4 wide...two ILBs who are two steps off the line, typical in goal line run D:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015020100/2014/POST22/patriots@seahawks?icampaign=GC_schedule_rr#menu=gameinfo|contentId:0ap3000000467192&tab=videos

Now I see that Belickick says he was confident he could stop the run on the fateful play with that alignment. He must be telling the truth, so I must be wrong despite the compare/contrast of the two plays in question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Staff online

Latest posts