1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Selfishness

Discussion in 'All Other Team Discussions' started by DakotaT, Aug 16, 2006.

1. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In case some of you haven't heard yet, our purple neighbors have some real issues! Greenway had a knee injury and is out for the season, and Koren Robinson was picked up for DUI. Year suspension.

Now I know we have some problems, but lets all send some love to those righteous Viking fans who have weathered so many storms. (Sarcasm alert)

And if all this wasn't bad enough, did you see their uniforms Monday night?

2. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Are you serious about Koren Robinson? Where's the source on this? I haven't heard that! And, oh yes, the uniforms are frickin' ugly...

3. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks! I also saw the info on espn.com as well. If this is the case, I'd like to see someone (Packers) snatch up Ashley Lelie before the Vikes can get their hands on the guy. I really think he has the goods to be an outstanding receiver for somebody.

5. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I will most definately send my love to anyone that is hurt, but I wont send my love to people who are stupid in getting a DUI.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I agree Hedder! DUI is a CHOICE he made!

7. retiredgrampa

retiredgrampa Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know it's not being a good sport, but if it hurts the Vikes, I'm all for it. The Greenway thing was unfortunate but at least he was playing his heart out. Robinson, apparently, was just being stupid and will get no kudos from me. It will be interesting to see what the new Commish does about it.

8. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Robinson has had problems with alcoholism in the past, so I kinda feel sorry for him, really. Seeing any alcoholic relapse into their old habits is kinda sad. Oh well, there's no room for that in the National Football League.

9. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know none of you have ever driven after drinking a couple....

Cut the guy a little slack. It's all bad luck!

10. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He was drunk and fled from the police at over 100 miles an hour. No sympathy from me for him. I feel bad for Greenway because i like seeing Hawkeyes doing good, but Robinson deserves what he gets, which will most likely be a year suspension according to profootballtalk

11. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry didn't realize taht I thought he just got pulled over.

Hopefully I made my point of it could happen to anyone!

12. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6

100 mph chases while intoxicated... and he plays for the queens

im not cutting him any slack, that guy can kiss my ***.

its not bad luck its stupidity.

13. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You don't have to be sorry! You made a good point, but he is on strike 3 and slack is tough to come by.

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    You're correct. I never have nor ever will. I have a family to think of and I also think of others families. If I drink at all I stay the night at that place or I get a ride. A taxi is only a phone call away.

It can only happen if you drink THEN drive. Therefore it can not happen to just anyone.

Sorry if I am attacking you here, but I am very very strongly against those who drink and drive. There is simply too many options now a days to avoid driving while drunk. It's 100% inexcusable.

15. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    your right.... no excuse.... plus hes a viking

16. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OK I better not see you have a beer and get behind the wheel. If you truely have never done it then you are a better man than I.

I was thinking back when I was young and I never had the bad luck.

I agree there are options but we are also human

17. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bingo....

18. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No having a couple of drinks and getting pulled over is luck. Did you know some of us could be legally drunk with 1 drink.

Ever had 1 drink and driven home. I'm not talking being totally gone but just a drink?

19. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Well regardless of the drink, he is also charged with fleeing police, reckless driving, speeding, and driving without a valid license. No excuse for the fleeing police and driving without a valid license.

20. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with all that. As I stated earlier in the thread I thought he just got popped. I didn't know about the other stuff.

21. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    krd all im tryin to say is i dont feel the least bit sorry for him. if he had half of a freakin drink. and got behind the wheel and got caught, hes got no one to blame but himself. no excuses

am i saying that i havent done it... heck no... but if i had gotten caught i dont want sympathy ... i deserve what i get.

22. krd005

krd005 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree but too many people ripp on the famous people by sayying they deserve it and blah blah blah when we common folk do it every other day.

I not giving him sympathy...I'm just saying it could happen to anyone of us

23. all about da packers

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed it could.

PS - If I'm K-Rob's lawyer, ultimately I loko at whether or not there is any trace of police being a little too agressive with him, and then argue that is the reason why he escaped. As for being impared, I go with he was given something which he had no idea had alcohol in it.

24. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    You have to keep in mind too that this guy had major alcohol problems before and had to go through rehab so why was he drinking at all? Bad decisions all around.

25. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Post someone who isn't famous and I will maintain my standpoint 100%.

Fact is, no one posts about the 'ave joes' getting busted therefore you don't see people rip them on it.