Secondary seven deep now

D

Deleted member 6794

Seeing that we won't be at full strength on the d-line for the first month of the season and working under the assumption we should have a top 5 offense in points per possession, I'd be inclined to have our corners jumping short routes on a fairly regular scheduled basis in order put immense pressure on opposing o-coordinators to keep from being blown out.

Without any safety help over the top that would result in a ton of long gains though.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Without any safety help over the top that would result in a ton of long gains though.
Who said there wouldn't be safety help?
I wouldn't leave it up to the players to decide when to jump a short route. We don't have anyone with Woodson's instincts on the roster.

D

Deleted member 6794

Who said there wouldn't be safety help?
I wouldn't leave it up to the players to decide when to jump a short route. We don't have anyone with Woodson's instincts on the roster.

Nobody suggested there wouldn't be any safety help, I just wanted to make it clear that's a must if you want your corners to jump routes.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
From jsonline yesterday:
Whitt stressed that Randall, who sat out Tuesday with a groin injury but is likely to play Thursday, has not arrived. He does get beat and he'll probably get beat more than once Thursday. But the Packers want competition at the starting spot opposite Sam Shields, and Randall is the one providing it for veteran Casey Hayward. Whitt said Randall is not ready to be a competent player in the NFL right now. But he thinks he can be one in time for the Bears opener.
And Rollins:
Rollins missed the first three days of practice due to a hamstring injury he suffered several weeks before camp started. He had to be eased into things and as a result Whitt decided to put him in the slot, where he wouldn't face as many deep routes and potentially fatigue. Just recently Whitt started expanding Rollins' role, moving him outside so he can get a more rounded view of the defense. He said he will play both positions against New England.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/pack...ay-with-confidence-b99554911z1-321508831.html

Members online

Latest posts