Seattle stud n duds

H

HardRightEdge

Would that include Dom Capers?

Oh.
Never mind.

Man, you guys never want to give him a break!
That is, unless you want to break his balls which is undeserved.
Of all the things to complain about in the Capers D, playing prevent in the 4th. quarter is hardly a sin in itself. It's when he plays prevent and gives up 200 yds. and 3 TDs in 7 minutes that you should be complaining.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many studs too name. Here's a few takes:

Montgomery: This guy looks like he could not only be a good RB, but one of the best weapons out of the backfield in the league. If only he didn't grimace and go out of the game after every play.

Lowry: I have really high hopes for this guy. His athleticism and motor will make him a valuable part of this defensive front at the very least, if he's not able to put it all together and become a Mike Daniels-caliber player or better.

Offensive line: They have been exceptional.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
They have been playing incredible. I wish I could quote everyone who was salty when we re-signed Bahk, who has played like a top 3 LT. Bulaga might be playing his best football too. These guys are the best.
Sitton who?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Mother Nature....Datone Jones, Buggybill for gutting out an impressive shout box showing
Duds: DDP(D Droppal for making me eat crow) Packers team for exposing the fraud that is the Seabags.

All in all, they will need some help even if they win out.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would that include Dom Capers?

Oh.
Never mind.

Man, you guys never want to give him a break!
That is, unless you want to break his balls which is undeserved.
Studs AND duds

Like I said earlier...this was the most complete game I've seen from the Packers in a very long time. I had to reach for a dud (Studs AND duds) and the only thing that came to mind after a lot of reflection was Capers' prevent defense in the 4th. I'm just not a fan of prevent defense even if the Packers are up by 50 in the 4th with 1 minute left. "Play with 100% of your ability 100% of the time. If you lose, at least you can hold your head up high knowing you gave it your all".

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch this whole game but from what I did see is that the Seahawks got away with a few shots after the whistle. Also, their DB's almost never looked at the ball while playing man. They were straight up hands on the WR's all the way, rarely turning their head around.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Too many studs too name. Here's a few takes:

Montgomery: This guy looks like he could not only be a good RB, but one of the best weapons out of the backfield in the league. If only he didn't grimace and go out of the game after every play.

Lowry: I have really high hopes for this guy. His athleticism and motor will make him a valuable part of this defensive front at the very least, if he's not able to put it all together and become a Mike Daniels-caliber player or better.

Offensive line: They have been exceptional.
I hope alot more people start recognizing Lowrys impact. I was excited when we drafted him for the reasons you just said. He has a great motor with a big frame with no horseshit off the field. He kinda sort of reminds me of Aaron Kampman! We have had some big plays from our last 3 draft classes the last few games.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Studs: Everyone.

Someone already said it, but this might be the most complete beatdown this team has had in a looong time. I said it after beating Seattle last year...but this goes a little way towards healing the depression of the NFCCG loss from 2 years ago as well. A beatdown on any team is good, but the Seahawks? That's gold.

Duds: Injuries. and the FOX broadcast at the beginning.

I can deal with pretty much all the injures, but when Rodgers gets the injury bug it makes those other injuries seem more significant. I know its the end of the year but it feels like every significant player on the team has a nagging injury that they just can't seem to put away for a whole game.

FOX: please show the game that you say you have scheduled. At no point were you suppose to show the Arizona/Miami game. Your other game ended so you switched over to the progress of another game. When the time slot ends you should turn to the game people are tuning in to watch. I wasn't one of the unfortunate ones who didn't get to see the end, which makes FOX even more of a dud.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here in California they switched the game. Did not get to see Janis TD. Was it another sweep. Also have to say that Tanner McEvoy would of been a great player for Green and Gold.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Eff no. They know who pays their bills in this area.
Studs: I'll give Capers the credit he is due for calling a good game. Helped with Wilson's inaccuracy early and Seattle's WR nincompoopery later.
Duds: Injury gremlin reached out for Aaron's other leg and probably Cook's ribs.

Stud: Poppa San for his use of "nincompoopery"
Stud: My buddy who sold me his 20 yard line seats 4 weeks ago because "the Packers are out of it"
Studs: The guys behind the plows who made a drive from Madison to Green Bay and back almost effortless after that much snow!
Dud: My same buddy calling me after the game and asking me if I should have paid him more money for the tickets.

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't get to watch this whole game but from what I did see is that the Seahawks got away with a few shots after the whistle. Also, their DB's almost never looked at the ball while playing man. They were straight up hands on the WR's all the way, rarely turning their head around.

I think Jordy got away with one pushoff, so maybe it evens out.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Everyone
Playcalling
Lowry stood out
Secondary is ,dare I say, a strength?

Duds: Idk missed field goal?

Robert Mason

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Everyone.

Someone already said it, but this might be the most complete beatdown this team has had in a looong time. I said it after beating Seattle last year...but this goes a little way towards healing the depression of the NFCCG loss from 2 years ago as well. A beatdown on any team is good, but the Seahawks? That's gold.

Duds: Injuries. and the FOX broadcast at the beginning.

I can deal with pretty much all the injures, but when Rodgers gets the injury bug it makes those other injuries seem more significant. I know its the end of the year but it feels like every significant player on the team has a nagging injury that they just can't seem to put away for a whole game.

FOX: please show the game that you say you have scheduled. At no point were you suppose to show the Arizona/Miami game. Your other game ended so you switched over to the progress of another game. When the time slot ends you should turn to the game people are tuning in to watch. I wasn't one of the unfortunate ones who didn't get to see the end, which makes FOX even more of a dud.

We should all go to the Fox Sports website and protest. It seems like every time there is a late afternoon game the early game runs long or they switch to another game and cut into the second scheduled game.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhmmmm if there's a time to go with the prevent defense it's when your up 21 in the 4th quarter
If going away from a D that's worked for 49.5 minutes to the prevent D which promptly gives up a TD in 7 plays, 75 yards in 2:10 ... I'd say there's NEVER a time to go with the prevent D.

Studs - The whole team
Duds - The Prevent D - stay with what's been working.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jared Cook suffered a lung contusion during yesterday´s game and was held out of it for precautionary reasons. He should be OK.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Jared Cook suffered a lung contusion during yesterday´s game and was held out of it for precautionary reasons. He should be OK.
That is good news. Cook is the one piece of the Packers passing game that they really need to get going. If they can keep splitting him out and get him 1 on 1 with a CB like they did against Shead yesterday, he looks like a nightmare to cover. Not to mention what he could be doing 10-20 yards down the center of the field.