Season Tickets

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious if anyone else received their season tickets this year, with the seats that opened up, in conjunction with the 7,000 new seats that were added.

I put my name on the waiting list in 1986, when I was 14 years old. I put my name in for two tickets (thinking I'd move up the list quicker, than if I'd put them in for four) and I started at 53,000 or so on the list. I finally got them, after waiting 27 years. I was originally on the Green list, but they told me that I'd have another 15-20 years to go. So, I switched to Gold and got right in.

Anyone else around here get theirs as well?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have had season club seats available for some time. Its just that no one knew and no one wanted to pay over $200 a ticket for 10 games.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have had season club seats available for some time. Its just that no one knew and no one wanted to pay over $200 a ticket for 10 games.

Yeah, there's no way I'd pay that much, either. I gotta say ... for as much as losing sucks, there is one thing about being a losing team, that I did love, and that was the ability to get in my car and simply drive to Milwaukee or Green Bay and buy a ticket in the parking lot for like, ten bucks. I did this routinely in the 80's and early 90's. It was great. I've been to well over 100 games since the early 80's, most of those when the Packers were terrible. But - that's when the real, true fans were there. Not these bandwagon clowns that started showing up when things got good.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats on getting your tickets.

I'm still on the list and patiently waiting.

Indeed, I wouldn't mind some losing seasons just so that I don't have to spend so much for tickets

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the green list, though it's been so many years since I first signed up that I don't know for sure

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably the green list, though it's been so many years since I first signed up that I don't know for sure

Gotcha. Well, I had no reservation about switching from Green to Gold. Green Bay is only three hours from me - certainly not a big deal, but I'm nowhere near the road warrior that I used to be. I'm also done and retired from freezing my nads off. I was at three of the four coldest games in Lambeau history - Lions in '90, Raiders in '93, and NFC title game '07 (yeah, thanks Favre). Done with it. No desire to sit in that crap, ever again. So, I didn't want to be stuck with December season tickets, etc.

I used to be balls the F out. I drove up to every home game (GB and Mil) in '89, '90, '92, and '93 and while I still love the team, obviously, I just don't need to go to that many games a year anymore. Three will be perfect.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotcha. Well, I had no reservation about switching from Green to Gold. Green Bay is only three hours from me - certainly not a big deal, but I'm nowhere near the road warrior that I used to be. I'm also done and retired from freezing my nads off. I was at three of the four coldest games in Lambeau history - Lions in '90, Raiders in '93, and NFC title game '07 (yeah, thanks Favre). Done with it. No desire to sit in that crap, ever again. So, I didn't want to be stuck with December season tickets, etc.

I used to be balls the F out. I drove up to every home game (GB and Mil) in '89, '90, '92, and '93 and while I still love the team, obviously, I just don't need to go to that many games a year anymore. Three will be perfect.
You're awesome... and fortunate.
I waited til 1998 to do the list, and I have no prayer.
I should have done it when younger, but the Packers sucked and I lived out of state.

OP
OP
PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're awesome... and fortunate.
I waited til 1998 to do the list, and I have no prayer.
I should have done it when younger, but the Packers sucked and I lived out of state.

Well ... at least you get to live by the Southfork Ranch. It'd be pretty damn awesome to put a Stetson on and drink a few bourbons by the piano in JR Ewing's living room, before we go digging for oil and what not.

Members online

Latest posts