Seahawks vs Packers: Things to watch for

Reaction score
What are things you'll have a close eye on tomorrow night, when the Seahawks visit Lambeau?

I'll start:

- Will the starting O-line open some holes for our backs to run through?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Well since you locked the entertainment thread... I guess I need to post here :)

- Will Bigby rebound?
- Will Bubba or Lee actually look like an NFL TE?
- Does JJ follow up his 1st game and strong TC?

And finally...

- Does Greg Jennings decide to get involved? ;)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
- Will the starting O-line open some holes for our backs to run through?

...and will Brandon Jackson run through them?

I'm also interested to see if Justin Harrell takes a step forward. I haven't heard much about him in practice this week.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just psyched for more Packer action period! :thumbsup:

Atari v. Manuel v. Rouse v. Underwood

oline

1st team Offense- please pick up some first downs & if it's not too much, go ahead and score!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I come back to find the thread-o-hilarity is gone. damn you mods!

Anyway, I will be looking for BJack to play the first half like he did in preseason 1's second half(where he was real real good).

I'll look for some chemistry between favre and...anyone.

I'll look for and be expecting the defense to dominate the entire game, from starters to practice squad guys who will be cut in a week.

I'll be HOPING to my god (he's better than your god) that someone at the SS who is not named Manuel does GREAT!

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again it will be the O-line that gets my scrutiny because if they don't start to open some holes for the running game this won't bode well for the offense.
The second game of the preseason they need to show something in the running game.
The secondary will also be an attention getter, especially Manuel.

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If, after their performance in the Steelers game, the starting offense can't come out and play with some intensity and production in this game, we've got some real problems on the offensive side of the LOS. Be it coaching, talent or execution, these guys have to get their act together soon.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will be watching the crowd's response when Mike Holmgren steps on the field.

I will be watching for Brett to approach Holmgren during the warm-ups and rate that hug from 1 to 10, and I bet it will be a 10 on the hug meter.

I will be watching the body language between M.M. and Holmgren when the coaches meet at center field after the game.

I will be watching the Packer Fan's reaction when Rodgers drives the team down the field for a touchdown on his first opportunity in the third quarter and cuts the Seahawks lead to 10 points from 17 points.

I will be watching for A.J. Hawk to knock Alexander back to week one of the Pre-Season.

I will be watching for Kampman to introduce Hasselbeck to the new fiber threaded turf on the hallowed field of of the Packers.

That AADP is what R.P. will b watching for.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holmgren back at GB....epic.......preseason or not....legend..

Damn Straight Trom.

If I were Holmgren, for motivation, I would have the Seahawks team bus drive down "Holmgren Way" hang a left on "Lombardi Ave" and drive one block to the players entrance at Lambeau Field.

The street signs are very prominent and very cool.

R.P.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again it will be the O-line that gets my scrutiny because if they don't start to open some holes for the running game this won't bode well for the offense.
The second game of the preseason they need to show something in the running game.
The secondary will also be an attention getter, especially Manuel.

If they can't open some damn holes maybe it's time to scrap the damn zone blocking scheme and start driving some people off the line. Jesus, how long does this scheme take to implement anyway?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this isnt holmgrens first time back in Green Bay is it?

I can remember two other games off the top of my head: The playoff game in January 2004, when the Packers won in overtime on the Al Harris interception return, and the final game of the 2005 regular season, which the Packers also won, although that one was meaningless for the Seahawks.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I come back to find the thread-o-hilarity is gone. damn you mods!

Anyway, I will be looking for BJack to play the first half like he did in preseason 1's second half(where he was real real good).

I'll look for some chemistry between favre and...anyone.

I'll look for and be expecting the defense to dominate the entire game, from starters to practice squad guys who will be cut in a week.

I'll be HOPING to my god (he's better than your god) that someone at the SS who is not named Manuel does GREAT!

holy cow