Schedule release date set

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Schedules are overrated. I never pay attention to them. You never know whos going to have a down year. Or who will surprise and be good when people thought they wasnt going to be good.

For all we know, Seattle will struggle this season and be a 6-10 team. Its happened before in the past with SB winners.

And for all we know, a team like the Rams will win that division.

watch out for Fisher.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schedules are overrated. I never pay attention to them. You never know whos going to have a down year. Or who will surprise and be good when people thought they wasnt going to be good.

For all we know, Seattle will struggle this season and be a 6-10 team. Its happened before in the past with SB winners.

And for all we know, a team like the Rams will win that division.

Don't see it happening...not even a little bit. Teams have also repeated as champs or even won a bunch of games the following year. Seattle didn't loose that much to be a six win team.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Don't see it happening...not even a little bit. Teams have also repeated as champs or even won a bunch of games the following year. Seattle didn't loose that much to be a six win team.

They did lose that much and a few injuries with there schedule they could easily be a six win team.

If packers lost this much production and snaps people would be freaking out.

Paul Mcquistan Guard 13 games started, Giacomini Tackle 9 games started (on an already shaky O-line), Golden Tate 16 games started (only player with over 50 receptions), Walter Thurmand CB 11 games started, Brandon Browner CB 4 games started, Chris Clemons DE 11 games started, Red Bryant DT(team captain) 15 games started, Tony Mcdaniel DT 15 games started, O'brien Schofield LB played in 15 games, backup S Chris Maragos.

They didn't bring anything in but low budget garbage and are capped out trying to pay "Big Mouth", Earl Thomas and soon Russell Wilson. They have 5 draft picks and only two before mid 4th round.

They obviously still have some good starters on defense in secondary and at linebacker plus Michael Bennett who played less then 60 percent of snaps last year. Let's see what he does playing every down getting doubled.

There offense has serious O-line issues and if they cant run then it depends on Russell Wilson making "school yard" type plays. That will run out. Is Percy Harvin really going to say healthy? Yeah, I hate the seahawks but does this look anything like a team ready to make a deep run at repeating?

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Our defense has improved over the off-season and young guys will get better IMO. They lost a lot of snaps all over the field meaning they have unproven guys trying to replace those snaps. For people that don't agree with me look at this list: CB Brandon Browner, DE Red Bryant, DE Chris Clemons, OT Breno Giacomini, S Chris Maragos, DT Clinton McDonald, WR Golden Tate, CB Walter Thurmond.

Browner didn´t play for them after Week 10, Maragos played a total of 52 snaps, their OL was bad last year so losing guys there doesn´t make them any worse and Harvin could replace Tate´s production. I agree they lost some guys on the DL but they still have four veterans returning on the line. It´s fun that you assume the young guys on the Packers will get better but don´t expect any second year players to step up for the Seahawks (they have two 2013 draft picks on the DL as well).

Our roster right now looks deeper and better to me overall. For people disagreeing with me please bring to my attention there great depth that I am missing? There thin with unproven guys on depth chart. Maybe I am being overly optimistic about Packer D getting better but I am with McCarthy that Defense will be better this year excluding massive injuries. Just like he said the running game would be better last year. Seahawks will be softer up the middle of there D and we will run the ball on them. They will have no answer with Clay and Peppers coming from both sides. There offense is mediocre. I am saving these "strongly disagreements" and will make you aware of them when Packers win on the "money line"

I really don´t have any idea how anybody would think the Packers roster is deeper than the Seahawks one. Our offense is better than theirs with Rodgers, no doubt about that. Nevertheless the Seahawks ranked 8th in points scored last season, so they can put up points as well.

IMO our defense hasn´t improved a lot during this offseason. As it stands right now we´ve lost three veterans on the DL as well in Pickett, Jolly and Wilson (all of them being mainly run stoppers) and brought in a 34-year old former All-Pro and just another guy. Peppers will improve the pass rush, but don´t see the run defense improve because of him.

Thompson has done nothing to improve our biggest needs at defense at safety or ILB, so I have no idea why anyone would get the impression that our defense will be significantly better.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Browner didn´t play for them after Week 10, Maragos played a total of 52 snaps, their OL was bad last year so losing guys there doesn´t make them any worse and Harvin could replace Tate´s production. I agree they lost some guys on the DL but they still have four veterans returning on the line. It´s fun that you assume the young guys on the Packers will get better but don´t expect any second year players to step up for the Seahawks (they have two 2013 draft picks on the DL as well).

I really don´t have any idea how anybody would think the Packers roster is deeper than the Seahawks one. Our offense is better than theirs with Rodgers, no doubt about that. Nevertheless the Seahawks ranked 8th in points scored last season, so they can put up points as well.

IMO our defense hasn´t improved a lot during this offseason. As it stands right now we´ve lost three veterans on the DL as well in Pickett, Jolly and Wilson (all of them being mainly run stoppers) and brought in a 34-year old former All-Pro and just another guy. Peppers will improve the pass rush, but don´t see the run defense improve because of him.

Thompson has done nothing to improve our biggest needs at defense at safety or ILB, so I have no idea why anyone would get the impression that our defense will be significantly better.

I'm not even gonna go into our offense being better then the Seahawks and deeper at every position on offense. There deeper at quarterback and that's it. TE might be arguable. I really don't like doing the 2013 picking apart thing because Aaron Rodgers was out for a large part of the season which affects the defense as well.

For the most part I like what TT has done. He brought in some help that includes a still very productive impact player(Peppers). He also re-signed are key guys. You could make an argument on Jones and EDS but they didn't make long term sense. Jolly isn't gone yet and they want to sign him. It sounds like there just waiting for clearance and I would be surprised if he wasn't brought back. Pickett and Wilson needed to go and there won't be any room on the roster for them anyways.

Peppers isn't your normal 34 year old. He can physically still play at a high level. The bears miss-used him and played him way to many snaps. He had no help out there whatsoever and kind of gave in. He is going to be used differently to address the things he still can do. Lined up opposite Clay, teams will not be able to double both of them. Your talking about two potential "Hall of Famers" here coming from opposite sides. When has Clay had that kind of presence on the opposite side of him? John Abraham turned 35 last year and switched from DL to OLB and ended up back in the Pro Bowl.

I agree with you as everyone will that there are a few pieces missing. TT has 9 draft picks to find those pieces. Add C.J Mosley or Shazier next to Hawk and suddenly the front seven looks better and faster.

We could have Peppers, Hawk, Mosley/Shazier, Matthews, starting at linebacker. Looks pretty good to me.

That with Multiple looks upfront on the D-line: Raji, Daniels, Jones, Neal, Worthy, Boyd, and hopefully Jolly.

Add Jimmie Ward to Morgan Burnett plus having Hyde now over at safety and things immediatley look better at safety. Also, Remember that Hayward will be back to help in the slot.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not even gonna go into our offense being better then the Seahawks and deeper at every position on offense. There deeper at quarterback and that's it. TE might be arguable. I really don't like doing the 2013 picking apart thing because Aaron Rodgers was out for a large part of the season which affects the defense as well.

I think there´s no doubt the Seahawks have more talent at TE right now. Once again, I´m not denying the Packers have way more talent on offense but the Seahawks can put up points as well.

I agree with you as everyone will that there are a few pieces missing. TT has 9 draft picks to find those pieces. Add C.J Mosley or Shazier next to Hawk and suddenly the front seven looks better and faster.

We could have Peppers, Hawk, Mosley/Shazier, Matthews, starting at linebacker. Looks pretty good to me.

That with Multiple looks upfront on the D-line: Raji, Daniels, Jones, Neal, Worthy, Boyd, and hopefully Jolly.

Add Jimmie Ward to Morgan Burnett plus having Hyde now over at safety and things immediatley look better at safety. Also, Remember that Hayward will be back to help in the slot.

I don´t want the Packers to draft either Shazier or Ward as both of them wouldn´t be a great fit for our biggest needs at ILB and FS. Mosley would be a huge upgrade, I don´t think he will be there at #21 though. Of the DLs you mentioned only Daniels has proved last year that he´s capable of being an impact player, there are a lot of question marks with all the other guys.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe I am being overly optimistic about Packer D getting better but I am with McCarthy that Defense will be better this year excluding massive injuries. Just like he said the running game would be better last year. Seahawks will be softer up the middle of there D and we will run the ball on them. They will have no answer with Clay and Peppers coming from both sides. There offense is mediocre. I am saving these "strongly disagreements" and will make you aware of them when Packers win on the "money line"

I think the Packers can win the opener at Seattle, sure. I've become used to them being a better road team these last few years anyways. But, I sure don't think the Seahawks defense is overrated. Their offense doesn't really scare a lot of people, but with that defense, who cares? Not to glorify the Seahawks, but I can only go by what the results have been. I would argue that the recent Super Bowl, was by far the biggest domination of a single opponent in Super Bowl history. The '85 Bears beat a drug-addled lousy Patriots wild card team that somehow managed to win three playoff games to get to the Super Bowl. Sorry Bears, but not impressive. The Seahawks defense just destroyed the greatest statistical single-season offense in history. Their special teams knocked them out, too. That was a classic all-around butt-whipping.

But, you're right - this is a new year and anything can happen. We will have our work cut out for us in the season opener. It won't be easy.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did lose that much and a few injuries with there schedule they could easily be a six win team.

If packers lost this much production and snaps people would be freaking out.

Paul Mcquistan Guard 13 games started, Giacomini Tackle 9 games started (on an already shaky O-line), Golden Tate 16 games started (only player with over 50 receptions), Walter Thurmand CB 11 games started, Brandon Browner CB 4 games started, Chris Clemons DE 11 games started, Red Bryant DT(team captain) 15 games started, Tony Mcdaniel DT 15 games started, O'brien Schofield LB played in 15 games, backup S Chris Maragos.

They didn't bring anything in but low budget garbage and are capped out trying to pay "Big Mouth", Earl Thomas and soon Russell Wilson. They have 5 draft picks and only two before mid 4th round.

They obviously still have some good starters on defense in secondary and at linebacker plus Michael Bennett who played less then 60 percent of snaps last year. Let's see what he does playing every down getting doubled.

There offense has serious O-line issues and if they cant run then it depends on Russell Wilson making "school yard" type plays. That will run out. Is Percy Harvin really going to say healthy? Yeah, I hate the seahawks but does this look anything like a team ready to make a deep run at repeating?

Uh yes. As long as you have a top defense, strong run game, and a qb who doesn't turn the ball over then why not? All those elements are in Seattle as much as I can't stand them.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there´s no doubt the Seahawks have more talent at TE right now. Once again, I´m not denying the Packers have way more talent on offense but the Seahawks can put up points as well.

I don´t want the Packers to draft either Shazier or Ward as both of them wouldn´t be a great fit for our biggest needs at ILB and FS. Mosley would be a huge upgrade, I don´t think he will be there at #21 though. Of the DLs you mentioned only Daniels has proved last year that he´s capable of being an impact player, there are a lot of question marks with all the other guys.

If Finley is cleared then maybe he's bought back on a one year deal. Not getting a lot if interest right now. As for the DL ? yes we lack depth there. We need a stud on the DLine . I hope Raji is 2010 Raji and Daniels turns into a nice player.

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all were a wrong call away from beating them in 2012. Who knows what would have happened when you were healthy in 2013 if you had met. It's going to be a hell of a game. As a Jets fan I couldn't ask for a better start to the season and I think the Packers will either win or make it a very close game. Seattle's cockiness will be their downfall. They've lost some big, under-rated pieces this offseason.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im coming for my FIRST ever Packers game October 2 vs Vikings. It costed me 1,091.00 for 3 tickets section 107, row 36. Are these good seats? I also got VIP all u can drink and eat, thru title own. It's expensive...But I need to be at Lambeau!!! I hope its as good as I'm anticipating which I believe it will.

I can't wait to be part of it live with best fans hands down and see city of Green Bay. I'll be in city Sept 29 and leave Friday Oct. 3rd.

So what's some things to do in GB or around. What should I check out?

Let's Go Packers!!! New to board, I'm from Winnipeg Canada :)

Jesse

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Im coming for my FIRST ever Packers game October 2 vs Vikings. It costed me 1,091.00 for 3 tickets section 107, row 36. Are these good seats? I also got VIP all u can drink and eat, thru title own. It's expensive...But I need to be at Lambeau!!! I hope its as good as I'm anticipating which I believe it will.

I can't wait to be part of it live with best fans hands down and see city of Green Bay. I'll be in city Sept 29 and leave Friday Oct. 3rd.

So what's some things to do in GB or around. What should I check out?

Let's Go Packers!!! New to board, I'm from Winnipeg Canada :)

Jesse

Hope you enjoy your first time at Lambeau, have you booked a hotel with the tickets as well???

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yes I'm at Americ inn! On velp ave.

Good, it´s tough to get hotel rooms when the Packers play at home.

Don´t know what you´re interested in aside of the Packers, but as you´ll spend some time in Green Bay I would recommend to take a tour of Lambeau Field, to visit the Neville Public Museum, which features a lot of exhibits from the Packers Hall of Fame (which is closed until 2015), take a walk or drive around the Packers Heritage Trail and watch the Monday Night game at one of the sports bar (would recommend the Stadium View).

In addition, the Packers Fan Tours offer a player autograph sesssion at the Tundra lodge (you have to pay for it though) and normally Johnnie Gray and some other former Packers show up at the Green Bay Distillery the night before a game (they charge you some bucks to enter a private party) and you´ll be able to put on and take photos with a 2010 Super Bowl ring.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don´t know what you´re interested in aside of the Packers, but as you´ll spend some time in Green Bay I would recommend to take a tour of Lambeau Field, to visit the Neville Public Museum, which features a lot of exhibits from the Packers Hall of Fame (which is closed until 2015), take a walk or drive around the Packers Heritage Trail and watch the Monday Night game at one of the sports bar (would recommend the Stadium View).

In addition, the Packers Fan Tours offer a player autograph sesssion at the Tundra lodge (you have to pay for it though) and normally Johnnie Gray and some other former Packers show up at the Green Bay Distillery the night before a game (they charge you some bucks to enter a private party) and you´ll be able to put on and take photos with a 2010 Super Bowl ring.

Yea money is no problem for me, so it's ok about paying options. So maybe I will do the tour of Lambeau! Is it everyday?
Also about Wisconsin college football team, where do they play and how do I get tix, if possible. I totally want to be part of that crowd n buy n support Wisconsin college football team. Love to get a hoodie.

Did u guys know my cfl team Winnipeg Blue Bombers ..we got lots of ties with GBP :). Jon Ryan was our punter and then GB took him for couple years. Don Capers was amazing Defensive coordinater for our Bombers team! He is now GB Defensive coordinator, ik many of us r mad at Capers lol. Also Andy Maulmba is our roster player if GB ever gets rid of him but seriously won't happen, we gotta keep him he is gonna be good.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Yea money is no problem for me, so it's ok about paying options. So maybe I will do the tour of Lambeau! Is it everyday?
Also about Wisconsin college football team, where do they play and how do I get tix, if possible. I totally want to be part of that crowd n buy n support Wisconsin college football team. Love to get a hoodie.

The Packers offer three different stadium tours, here´s some information about it:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-tours.html

The Badgers play in Madison, which is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Green Bay. There are a lot of websites offering tickets for the Badgers, they don´t play a home game though between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3.

Did u guys know my cfl team Winnipeg Blue Bombers ..we got lots of ties with GBP :). Jon Ryan was our punter and then GB took him for couple years. Don Capers was amazing Defensive coordinater for our Bombers team! He is now GB Defensive coordinator, ik many of us r mad at Capers lol. Also Andy Maulmba is our roster player if GB ever gets rid of him but seriously won't happen, we gotta keep him he is gonna be good.

Capers never worked as defensive coordinator for the Blue Bombers. Our offensive coordinator, Tom Clements, played QB for five seasons for them though, winning the Grey Cup in 1986.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers offer three different stadium tours, here´s some information about it:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-tours.html

The Badgers play in Madison, which is a 2 1/2 hour drive from Green Bay. There are a lot of websites offering tickets for the Badgers, they don´t play a home game though between Sept. 29 and Oct. 3.

Capers never worked as defensive coordinator for the Blue Bombers. Our offensive coordinator, Tom Clements, played QB for five seasons for them though, winning the Grey Cup in 1986.
Oooh wth? Y did I think it was him, different Capers. Yes , Tommy C. I did know about too :)
do u ever watch cfl? Or u just kinda knew there backgrounds?

Ahh to bad badgers dont play. Wut about friday saturday or sunday oct 3-6. We will be in Minneapolius after GB. Going to check out now n such.

Wpg-GBP#1Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok i See they play 27 saturday at home. I think Im come waaay early.

So how Does divisions work? Is wisconson considéréd à good team and in a good league or division which ever u Call it. I just need à l'il background so i understand! Thx for Help to buddy :)

Im beyond excited to join wisconson

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Oooh wth? Y did I think it was him, different Capers. Yes , Tommy C. I did know about too :)
do u ever watch cfl? Or u just kinda knew there backgrounds?

No, I don´t watch the CFL at all, but know some stuff about the background of the Packers staff.

Ok i See they play 27 saturday at home. I think Im come waaay early.

So how Does divisions work? Is wisconson considéréd à good team and in a good league or division which ever u Call it. I just need à l'il background so i understand! Thx for Help to buddy :)

Im beyond excited to join wisconson

The Badgers play in the Big Ten, which is considered to be one of the best conferences in college football (the SEC is by far the best in the country though). Next year, the Badgers will play in the West Division of the Big Ten and should be the favourites to win their division, meaning they would play in the Big Ten Championship game vs. the East division champs. Over the last few season the Badgers have constantly been a top 25 team in the country, playing in three consecutive Rose Bowls, losing all of them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts