Schedule release date set

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 division games in a row that early in the season? That's terrible!
I'm with Rodell. I really don't like playing three divisional games in a row: at Detroit, at Chicago, and then the Vikings on a short week for Thursday Night Football. That is a really tough stretch.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm with Rodell. I really don't like playing three divisional games in a row: at Detroit, at Chicago, and then the Vikings on a short week for Thursday Night Football. That is a really tough stretch.

I still don´t understand why they don´t have teams playing on Thursday night after they had their bye weeks.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish they lengthened the season a week by throwing an extra bye in there.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Three out of the first four on the road. If we can go 3-1 or 4-0 in that stretch it could lead to a big season.

We just need to try to go 2-2 over that span. Take care of the Jets at home and win at least one of the road division games against the Lions or Bears. That would be a success in my book. We can go on our run in the second half of the year where we have 5 home games and road games against Minnesota and Buffalo, both of whom I expect to be bottom feeders. Tampa will be a tougher road test. Nevertheless, I could see us going 11-5 or perhaps even 12-4 even if we went into the Bye at 4-4 (Assuming our health is there).

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am friggin jacked about the schedule! Of course, the marquee matchup is the Seahawks game week 1 but I also see a lot of other great non-norris matchups (at N.O. WK 8, PHI at home WK11 and N.E. at home WK13...) My favorite thing about the schedule is the middle of the year bye and the fact that 4 of the 5 post bye games are at home. The one road game we have is in Minnesota so it's not like they are having to travel across the country or to London for that matter. The worst part of the schedule is when you look at the dates and realize we are still a ways off from our beloved game returning. Oh well, I am really looking forward to the draft and with the way time seems to fly I can already picture Lacy running one in from the 7 to seal the deal in Seattle. GPG!!!

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There thin all over the defense. Right now they don't have to the talent to rotate seven on the D-line. They lost two corners and now have a new guy in the slot plus Maxwell has only started two games for them. Far from proven. I would much rather play them early cause well be healthy as well. I take are roster hands down over there's the way it sits right now. The game played two years ago means nothing in the sense are running back was Cedric Benson.

Simply do not agree with this. There's a difference between being confident in your team and being unrealistic. We are not a better team, as a whole, than Seattle. I would agree that we have some better players, position for position, mainly on offense. Their defense is 10 times as good as ours even counting the guys they have lost. Did you see what they did to Manning and the Broncos' offense in the Super Bowl? Manning would have put up 30+ on our defense, just like every pass-happy team has done the past few years. Furthermore, we certainly are not the better team when the game is AT Seattle. If the game was at GB, I'd call it a 50/50 draw. At Seattle...can we beat them, absolutely, this is the NFL and we are a good team. But make no mistake about it, we will be underdogs for a good reason.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't mind that so much. I don't like how we only have two indoor games. Let's face it - this team hasn't been built for outdoor and cold weather. This offense runs better on dry, fast surfaces in controlled climates. Just my opinion, but the results lately speak for themselves. I suppose having Lacy alters that a bit, but still ...

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't mind that so much. I don't like how we only have two indoor games. Let's face it - this team hasn't been built for outdoor and cold weather. This offense runs better on dry, fast surfaces in controlled climates. Just my opinion, but the results lately speak for themselves. I suppose having Lacy alters that a bit, but still ...

As a football fan, I prefer any outdoor games. Football is supposed to me an outdoor game and bad elements makes it even better.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As a football fan, I prefer any outdoor games. Football is supposed to me an outdoor game and bad elements makes it even better.

No argument there. But there's no denying that some teams are built for speed and the fact is - that will be exploited better and can be a huge advantage over outdoors and the cold. Make no mistake - I'm not advocating that the Packers ever be an indoor or dome-based team. But I'm just going by what we've seen the last few years. The Packers' offense rarely produces dud games indoors as of late.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to steal one on the road against Chicago or Detroit. I think Chicago will be in the playoffs and Detroit I can see winning at least 9 games. I can also see later in the year us going on a 5 game win streak as well but dropping 2 division games early in the year is a realistic possibility which I pray doesn't happen. Don't be shocked if the the North has 3 teams in the playoffs as this looks to be the toughest division in football IMO. I see us beating Seattle by a small margin in the opener only if the line can hold up.

PackfanFB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have to steal one on the road against Chicago or Detroit. I think Chicago will be in the playoffs and Detroit I can see winning at least 9 games. I can also see later in the year us going on a 5 game win streak as well but dropping 2 division games early in the year is a realistic possibility which I pray doesn't happen. Don't be shocked if the the North has 3 teams in the playoffs as this looks to be the toughest division in football IMO. I see us beating Seattle by a small margin in the opener only if the line can hold up.

It's possible. Every year I ask whether it's the year the Lions emerge as they do have a lot of talent (what you get by drafting in the top 10 every year). That being said, I think the Bears are our true nemesis who could push for the division crown. The Lions had their chance last year when Cutler and Rodgers were on the bench and they still fell apart. Stafford is way overrated, and I would like to see him play a few more games without Megatron, he wouldn't know what to do. I see the Lions at best being an 8-8 team, but the Bears could push for 10 or 11 wins and challenge us. We could set the tone early by going into Chicago and beating them at Soldier.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

Don't be shocked if the the North has 3 teams in the playoffs as this looks to be the toughest division in football IMO.

The other teams weren´t able to win the division with Rodgers being out for eight games, I don´t see any of them challenging the Packers for the division crown if Aaron stays healthy. The NFC West is the toughest division in football, it´s not even close IMO.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other teams weren´t able to win the division with Rodgers being out for eight games, I don´t see any of them challenging the Packers for the division crown if Aaron stays healthy. The NFC West is the toughest division in football, it´s not even close IMO.

We'll see...i do have the NFC west right behind the north tho.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see...i do have the NFC west right behind the north tho.
Take off your green and gold glasses.

The best team in the North, our beloved Packers, haven't been able to beat the 49ers or Seahawks since both emerged as top contenders. The Bears and Lions, until they prove otherwise, are at the same level as the Cardinals - a notch away from being a playoff contender. Our division used to be on top, but like everything in life time has moved on and reshuffled the deck.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I wouldn't call it stealing a win in Chicago considering we've won four in a row there and the Bears only win in the last 8 overall was when Rodgers went down. I expect the Packers to win in Chicago.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't call it stealing a win in Chicago considering we've won four in a row there and the Bears only win in the last 8 overall was when Rodgers went down. I expect the Packers to win in Chicago.

I would consider our last win there stealing a win. A blown coverage on a 4 th down play and a near sack by Peppers who usually doesn't miss . Yea we stole one.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

I would consider our last win there stealing a win. A blown coverage on a 4 th down play and a near sack by Peppers who usually doesn't miss . Yea we stole one.

I agree that we stole the last one in Chicago. You have to consider though that was Rodgers´ and Cobb´s first game back after missing several weeks with injuries and both of them weren´t up to full speed. If the team is relatively healthy I expect them to win at Soldier Field.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Simply do not agree with this. There's a difference between being confident in your team and being unrealistic. We are not a better team, as a whole, than Seattle. I would agree that we have some better players, position for position, mainly on offense. Their defense is 10 times as good as ours even counting the guys they have lost. Did you see what they did to Manning and the Broncos' offense in the Super Bowl? Manning would have put up 30+ on our defense, just like every pass-happy team has done the past few years. Furthermore, we certainly are not the better team when the game is AT Seattle. If the game was at GB, I'd call it a 50/50 draw. At Seattle...can we beat them, absolutely, this is the NFL and we are a good team. But make no mistake about it, we will be underdogs for a good reason.

Manning doesn't have the arm that Rodgers has and cant get ball down field like Rodgers can. Seattle knew that and played tight up on receivers takings away "**** and dunk' routes. More or less begging for Manning to throw ball down field. He failed miserably. There D was 10 times better as are's last year but this is 2014. Our defense has improved over the off-season and young guys will get better IMO. They lost a lot of snaps all over the field meaning they have unproven guys trying to replace those snaps. For people that don't agree with me look at this list: CB Brandon Browner, DE Red Bryant, DE Chris Clemons, OT Breno Giacomini, S Chris Maragos, DT Clinton McDonald, WR Golden Tate, CB Walter Thurmond. Three key defensive lineman on that list. They tried to address it in off season and failed. Just because Schneider hit some home runs on some guys doesn't mean that all there guys on roster who haven't played yet are going to be as good. Our roster right now looks deeper and better to me overall. For people disagreeing with me please bring to my attention there great depth that I am missing? There thin with unproven guys on depth chart. Maybe I am being overly optimistic about Packer D getting better but I am with McCarthy that Defense will be better this year excluding massive injuries. Just like he said the running game would be better last year. Seahawks will be softer up the middle of there D and we will run the ball on them. They will have no answer with Clay and Peppers coming from both sides. There offense is mediocre. I am saving these "strongly disagreements" and will make you aware of them when Packers win on the "money line"

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
This is probably the most ridiculous statement I´ve read in a long time. It´s been only three months since the Seahawks defense nearly shut out the highest scoring offense in NFL history.

You´re right they lost three guys on the DL and they probably won´t be able to rotate seven on a constant basis next season, but not a lot of teams are capable of doing that. They still have a lot of talent on the D-line. They lost two corners, Thurmond didn´t start most of the games and Browner didn´t play after Week 10 last season. On the other site, Maxwell started the last four regular season games and every playoff game for the Seahawks, didn´t see them miss a beat with him.

Sorry, I´ve got to correct my statement from above, this is the most ridiculous statement I´ve read in a while.[/quot

Well you can have faith in the guys there going to "plug and play" I guess but rotating 7 on the D-line is huge. Big guys get tired up front and playing less snaps allows them to be more effective. They are going to have a hard time continuing to get pressure with 4 consistently. They will be weaker against the run and might have to blitz more. If that happens which I am betting, there secondary will be beatable. Especially with a guy like Aaron Rodgers and weapons he has to work with. Packer plus 5 with Aaron Rodgers and healthy roster? This is an early Christmas present. Everyone thinks this is the same Seahawk team and it isn't.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
What is everybody going to say when Packers go in there and beat Seahawks? Then what? Is our 53 better then?

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schedules are overrated. I never pay attention to them. You never know whos going to have a down year. Or who will surprise and be good when people thought they wasnt going to be good.

For all we know, Seattle will struggle this season and be a 6-10 team. Its happened before in the past with SB winners.

And for all we know, a team like the Rams will win that division.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts