Schedule release date set

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

There is a reason the SB winner has never lost the opener since the NFL started doing this (minus Balt last year who had to play on the ROAD which is not the same).

The Giants lost at home to the Cowboys in 2012.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully we can stay healthy this yr. never seen such an injury plagued team in my life. We do that we could be in great shape.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I pieced it all together:

@ Seattle (Thu)
vs NYJets
@ Detroit
@ Chicago
vs Vikings (Thu CBS)
@ Miami
vs Carolina
@ New Orleans (NBC Night)
BYE
vs Bears
vs Eagles
@ Minny
vs Patriots
vs Falcons (Mon)
@ Buffalo
@ Tampa Bay
vs Lions

H1CKS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those four weeks surrounding the bye week are certainly the toughest stretch from today's standpoint. Not thrilled about the opener, and I'm not happy that the lions are the final divisional game. Takes a lot of heat out of what many of us expect to be the divisional crown.

Nice to see Falcons having to come up here in December again, and getting their Florida trips out of the way later in the year.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like starting on a Thursday. It doesn't affect us as much like most Thursday games.

PackerFever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am thinking we can go 4-0 in December with At Buffalo @Tampa with Atlanta & Detroit in GB to secure Home Field Advantage in the playoffs.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to complain or whine, as I'm certainly grateful to have my Gold package season tickets, but we kinda got screwed ... the stupid Eagles, two years in a row and they're not even in our division. WTF. Lame!

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any one have any connections on tickets for the Seattle game? or maybe if we buy enough we can get a better deal. PM if you know anyone.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 division games in a row that early in the season? That's terrible! The division can be decided by week 10! As I think it'll come down to us and Chicago ! The guys better be ready to play those early meaningful division games that early in the year. I guess the positive is Clay Matthews usually doesn't get hurt until week. 6 so peppers should have a good grasp on the defense. I notice injuries for us usually occur early in the season so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also ... I can't believe we play the Bears in Week 10 and then have 7 more games to play! Has that EVER happened in the bye week era??? I don't think so. We have been playing them in the last few games of the year for what seems like two decades straight. I dunno. I have a hunch that the fact that it's the Lions in the last game of the year - perhaps the NFL thinks the Lions will be better than the Bears this year?

L7Panda

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hope to meet some of you Week 2! Booked our hotel room at 8:01pm. Staying at the Tundra Lodge. Go Jets, but respect the Packers A LOT.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If they have depth issues, all the more reason NOT to play them Week 1. Let them get a little banged up before we come to play. This is not about fear of playing Seattle, it's about putting us in the best position to win the game. Moreover, I think you're under-estimating Seattle's pass rush. They abused us the last time we played them (8 sacks in one half) and since then have added Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett. Sure they lost Clemons and few guys inside, but their pass rush is led by Avril and Bennett. Last time I checked they still have 3 of the best secondary players in the league as well, Thomas, Chancellor and loud-mouth Sherman, as well as a good LB core. We are not going to go to Seattle and simply have our way with them. I like your enthusiasm, however, I am just more of a realist.

There thin all over the defense. Right now they don't have to the talent to rotate seven on the D-line. They lost two corners and now have a new guy in the slot plus Maxwell has only started two games for them. Far from proven. I would much rather play them early cause well be healthy as well. I take are roster hands down over there's the way it sits right now. The game played two years ago means nothing in the sense are running back was Cedric Benson.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Wow, we get the hardest first game, at the Super Bowl Champions.
At least, hopefully, we are at our healthiest. Even though we lose guys like Bulaga in Family night, and we have to make it thru 4 preseason games and all those practices.

We can out ourselves right back on top #1 of the precious "Power Rankings" if we go there and beat those *****s down.

We did outplay them last time there with the scab corrupt ref Lance Easley.
I think their offense can bog down this year. And if they suffer some injuries on defense, and it starts to fall apart slowly, they can miss the playoffs.

Take away Earl Thomas or Bobby Wagner, or Richard Sherman, they gonna suffer.

Remember, we lost Collins, lost Matthews last year, Heyward all year, Nick Perry most of the year, Jolly, etc.
Let them suffer that fate this year and see how great Pete Carroll is.

Exactly, The hawks are a couple injuries away on defense from missing the playoffs. They lost 12-13 guys who played key snaps during the season. They have not really replaced any of them. Plus Lynch is at that age for a physical running back to start declining. There O-line is below average. Russell Wilson isn't Aaron Rodgers and I want to see what he can do when there running game takes a step back. I know there the super bowl champs but this team isn't all that scary with there current roster. They could easily head into there bye week 1-2.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, The hawks are a couple injuries away on defense from missing the playoffs. They lost 12-13 guys who played key snaps during the season. They have not really replaced any of them. Plus Lynch is at that age for a physical running back to start declining. There O-line is below average. Russell Wilson isn't Aaron Rodgers and I want to see what he can do when there running game takes a step back. I know there the super bowl champs but this team isn't all that scary with there current roster. They could easily head into there bye week 1-2.

They just lost their Jack Vainisi. 2015 and beyond are the Ram's and Card's.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's amazing how the NFL scheduled these early yr division games for us smh. The Bears game should ALWAYS be the last game of the yr no matter how the records look. I think each team should end the season against their most hated division rival. packers vs Bears, cowboys vs redskins, Seahawks vs Niners, saints vs falcons etc,that makes for some good football on the last week of the season.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is actually a fairly hard schedule that we got stuck with. To me, I really only focus on the first 4-6 weeks of the season when looking ahead because injuries and surprise teams will dramatically alter the later part of the schedule by the time we get to them. Even some seemingly random throwaway game like the Bills late in the season could be surprisingly difficult if the weather is a disaster and if the team is sold quickly this year to someone who wants to bring them to Toronto permanently. I mean, that might be their last home game ever and you know the team and fans will get up for that. There's just too many variables to predict if the second half games will be easier or harder to win right now. The first few games are the ones where you can kind of have an idea of what might/is suppose to happen.

And it's a really tough stretch for this team right out of the gate. In my mind, the 5 most physical defenses in the NFL, in order, are the Seahawks, Niners, Panthers, Jets and Lions/Cardinals. And we get three of the top five in the first three weeks (and get Carolina in week 7 too!). This particularly concerns me because the greatest flaw with this team the last few years has been an inability to stay healthy. Going through the Seahawk-Jets-Lions gauntlet that early in the season could (will?) create several major injuries to our players and that'll handicap us for the entirety of the season (rather than just a half season if these games had been later in the year). And to top off the physicality of the first few weeks, our reward is a road game against our main contender for the division and a short week to play another division rival. I definitely don't think we got any favors or preferential treatment in this schedule.

The first few weeks will be a success not ultimately on what or record is but how healthy the team is once those games are done. Personally, I'd be happier going 2-3 if it meant we didn't lose any of our key players than 3-2 or even 4-1 where we had a lot of injuries.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 6794

There thin all over the defense.

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I´ve read in a long time. It´s been only three months since the Seahawks defense nearly shut out the highest scoring offense in NFL history.

Right now they don't have to the talent to rotate seven on the D-line. They lost two corners and now have a new guy in the slot plus Maxwell has only started two games for them. Far from proven.

You´re right they lost three guys on the DL and they probably won´t be able to rotate seven on a constant basis next season, but not a lot of teams are capable of doing that. They still have a lot of talent on the D-line. They lost two corners, Thurmond didn´t start most of the games and Browner didn´t play after Week 10 last season. On the other site, Maxwell started the last four regular season games and every playoff game for the Seahawks, didn´t see them miss a beat with him.

I take are roster hands down over there's the way it sits right now.

Sorry, I´ve got to correct my statement from above, this is the most ridiculous statement I´ve read in a while.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a pretty tough schedule. Seahawks, Panthers, Saints, Patriots. 4 top teams right there. Then you have the Eagles and the much improved Buccaneers. Those are 6 games outside the division that are up for grabs at this point until we see what the draft brings and what teams are fielded come September.

And counting on the Seahawks to take a major step down next season from where they were is more wishful thinking than anything. With that defense, they will be incredibly tough to beat in Seattle.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
that is about a middle of the bunch scehdule for toughness. "IF" we can stay healthy, I see a solid 11-5 record out of that schedule.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts