Sammy Watkins Resurgence

Will Watkins revive his career with the Packers?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I agree the Packers won't have a true #1 wide receiver this season like they had with Adams over the past few ones.

They will need to be successful throwing the ball, otherwise I'm afraid their running game won't be able to dominate either.

While the rookie receivers might benefit from that the veterans who have been with the Packers weren't able to take advantage of it when Adams was around.

Therefore I don't expect them to do it now with opponents not having to worry about an elite receiver anymore.
I always thought we used play action to do the opposite. Then the result is forcing teams to bring extra Defenders into the box to cover the Run game.
Otherwise, why use the misdirection to begin with? We could just go empty backfield to start every contest until they broke. We don’t do that though.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Otherwise, why use the misdirection to begin with? We could just go empty backfield to start every contest until they broke. We don’t do that though.
Part of the play action is to misdirect the pass rushers also. btw I just don't like empty backfields. Almost as much as I hate 3 man rushes.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well,where is it?
It's simple. 2 avocados (not black or green). Smash hell out em with a fork. Some tomato (not much, too much ruins it. Little pieces and smash hell out of them) Cut with a knife a half a small yellow onion. Little squares about 1/4 of a peanut. You have to judge how much to use. (Too much ruins it and too little isn't enough. It's for texture and taste). Salt it good. Smash it all together with a fork. Taste and salt again. Salt until it tastes right. Salt is key. Takes quite a bit but too much will ruin it and too little does not have THE taste. Don't add anything else. If someone has to have a lime or hot sauce; let them ruin their portion. Also good inside a little corn tortilla.

Reaction score
It's simple. 2 avocados (not black or green). Smash hell out em with a fork. Some tomato (not much, too much ruins it. Little pieces and smash hell out of them) Cut with a knife a half a small yellow onion. Little squares about 1/4 of a peanut. You have to judge how much to use. (Too much ruins it and too little isn't enough. It's for texture and taste). Salt it good. Smash it all together with a fork. Taste and salt again. Salt until it tastes right. Salt is key. Takes quite a bit but too much will ruin it and too little does not have THE taste. Don't add anything else. If someone has to have a lime or hot sauce; let them ruin their portion. Also good inside a little corn tortilla.
Terrific. Sounds Similar to what my X used to make. Except she used Mild salsa in place of tomatoes. it was very good

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
you forgot the cilantro, lime juice and garlic

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you forgot the cilantro, lime juice and garlic
I would let anyone add what they wanted on their own plate. Maybe the cilantro would be tougher to do. But I like what I would call the pure form of the guacamole. The right amount of salt is key. It needs quite a bit and you can really tell the difference with a little taste. Enough said for the super bowl dish.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I would let anyone add what they wanted on their own plate. Maybe the cilantro would be tougher to do. But I like what I would call the pure form of the guacamole. The right amount of salt is key. It needs quite a bit and you can really tell the difference with a little taste. Enough said for the super bowl dish.
Sounds good. Can you save leftovers or is it a 1-shot kinda thing?
I always have problems with mine turning brown

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cover it good and put some lime juice on it. Refrigerate. Next day should be good. Probably all be gone or only use 1 avocado.

Reaction score
I think you guys missed my point
I’m so sorry. I just piled on without any foreknowledge or consideration for previous posts or posters. The topic of possibly finding the best Guac recipe is just so tantalizing.lots of salt, not too much salt and not too little. Got it

Guacamole

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
we call your guac,,"g r i n g o guac"

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
i make with out salt as my wife cant have extra . I do not put cilantro in.

lime , lemon, and garlic and jalapeño with some serrano Everyone loves it. Special requests for ever party.

I've made some using 15 avocados, that's how much people love it. I need to make a gallon

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With out garlic or pepper it isn't real quac you just have avacado spread

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've probably been eating it longer than you have.
That's fine and I don't doubt it's good. But it isn't guac . It's just a spread. If I ever went to a restaurant and was served that I wouldn't accept it as gucamole

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just looked it up and although nothing is certain, it seems to have started with the Aztecs. Avocado, salt and tomato. Anyway, it's my recipe...sort of...and I have tasted all kinds of different additions. We live in a time where we have like 30 different potato chips. I look in stores sometimes and can't find the original.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
just looked it up and although nothing is certain, it seems to have started with the Aztecs. Avocado, salt and tomato. Anyway, it's my recipe...sort of...and I have tasted all kinds of different additions. We live in a time where we have like 30 different potato chips. I look in stores sometimes and can't find the original.
With my wife not able to have salt. I get chips with hint of lime or salt

i would love for you to try mine

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In the 1697 book, A New Voyage Round the World, the first known description of a guacamole recipe (though not known by that name) was by English privateer and naturalist William Dampier, who in his visit to Central America during one of his circumnavigations, noted a native preparation made of grinding together avocados, sugar, and lime juice.[15]

sugar???

Reaction score
I have found the most remarkable thing. The 2 things that make Guac taste the best? Free and Hungry

I once was talking to a client about sauces as we were waiting on our lunch order. He calmly listened to me and then his food came and he said
“Hunger is the best special sauce” and then he proceeded to pig out.

This is a true story and I’ve kept that line for a future hit song and write it on a napkin as I occasionally do
(I write lyrics as a pastime) it’s a beautiful line and it was said with such passion that I’m not sure a song would do it justice though. I use it as one of my regular responses at the dinner table on the topic of sauces.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

hoping for him to be "come back POY"

I don't think Watkins would be considered for the award even if he had a great season with the Packers.

I always thought we used play action to do the opposite. Then the result is forcing teams to bring extra Defenders into the box to cover the Run game.

The Packers offense needs to take advantage of opponents putting an extra defender into the box, no matter if they use play action to do it or not. Otherwise there's no reason for other teams stopping it.

Reaction score
I don't think Watkins would be considered for the award even if he had a great season with the Packers.

The Packers offense needs to take advantage of opponents putting an extra defender into the box, no matter if they use play action to do it or not. Otherwise there's no reason for other teams stopping it.
Ok I see that. I think we’re sorta saying the same thing but I’m showing the formula and you’re showing the resulting benefit. We do not have a proven Receiving core and stressing that aspect early to open our Run game is an asz backwards formula for success.

Although I think you have to consider that the Packers are one of a handful off teams with the personnel to stuff the ball down the vast majority of opponents throats. OL+RB combined. Meaning Different teams need to prioritize the Running game differently. Protecting the QB and not making him the lone target should be a top priority. Unless you’d like to see more of Jordan??

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts