Sammy Watkins Resurgence

Will Watkins revive his career with the Packers?

• Yes

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
An indictment on the head coach is how I read it.
I would agree, unless it wasn't just the head coach deciding on it. Maybe he gave other coaches and/or players some say in it. Sounds like it had worked for them in the past to run this way. However, when you have 3 rookie WR's and a FA WR on the offense, might not be the best way to go about things.

But yes, bottom line, the HC has to make the final decision.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they try and allude to more nefarious reasons like the "team isn't all in together"
I think this team is in it for each other. I don't sense some being alienated or singular etc about their actions.

But overall, yes, this team hasn't been a cohesive unit. Sounds like they broke down by positions to go over details rather than watch together. I think knowing you're role by detail is important, but you can't skip over how it all works together. It's a balance and sounds like they were missing it.

D

Deleted member 6794

I'm surprised to hear the offense didn't watch practice film together, in my opinion that doesn't cast a good light on MLF and the coaching staff. I don't know when they changed that approach but over the past few weeks the unit has been the most efficient in the league according to Football Outsiders DVOA metric.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm surprised to hear the offense didn't watch practice film together, in my opinion that doesn't cast a good light on MLF and the coaching staff. I don't know when they changed that approach but over the past few weeks the unit has been the most efficient in the league according to Football Outsiders DVOA metric.
I think playing 2 of the worst teams (Bears and Rams) in the NFL during that time, goes a long way too.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They also played Dallas, Titans and Philly and offense was looking better in those too. It's been more than just past 2 weeks. They couldn't run well against Titans, but offense was pretty efficient against Dallas and Philly both. It's not like they've been playing all scrubs.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The emergence of Watson helps this offense a lot. Twitter has examples of a lot of routes where he's open and not thrown to, which is frustrating. That kid needs 10+ targets a game. Rodgers should quit with the hand signals and just talk to the receivers FFS.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers should quit with the hand signals and just talk to the receivers FFS.
Nah...that is his bread and butter. Once they break the huddle, Rodgers wants to look the defense over carefully, if he sees something he likes and wants to audible to a specific play, to a specific guy, the hand signals are the best. While I would agree that working with rookies on this is a process, you have to start somewhere. That one missed pass between Rodgers and Watson, might be the best lesson he has learned in awhile, I doubt he misses that hand signal again.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That one missed pass between Rodgers and Watson, might be the best lesson he has learned in awhile, I doubt he misses that hand signal again.
While true (he has to look), I'm not sure he would have made the endzone.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think playing 2 of the worst teams (Bears and Rams) in the NFL during that time, goes a long way too.

That's definitely true but as Mondio correctly pointed out they have looked improved vs. better competition as well.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They also played Dallas, Titans and Philly and offense was looking better in those too. It's been more than just past 2 weeks. They couldn't run well against Titans, but offense was pretty efficient against Dallas and Philly both. It's not like they've been playing all scrubs.
Don’t say that too loud.

Members online

Latest posts