Samkon getting the reps...

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Samkon is getting alot of reps...with Ahman still a little tender from last year...only gives me hope the he can repeat his performance of last year.
All the rookie of the month, pepsi this...I mean the guy did it from the practice squad from another team...not having the advantage of a training camp at his disposal...making his accomplishments all the more amazing.
Imagine...joining the pack at mid-season without the playbook and without knowing the blockers ahead of him...This season will be a burst out for him if Ahman continues to nurse nagging injuries. I predict Samkon will see alot of action...hopeful that his minor miscues were a rookie thing.
I say...Samkon...you are the epitome of a blue collar worker from Green Bay...an underdog...YES...and a SMILE a MILE wide...I love the way you play...with heart and grt...and OH by the way...stay of of Hawks dog house.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have full faith in Gado and Davenport but I still think that Green will get the majority of playing time and yards

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like it when teams use the running back-by-committee approach. It takes depth and the Packers should have that barring any injuries. I like Green, Gado, and Davenport to get some work along with Herron as he's impressing McCarthy a great deal up to this point.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and with those 3 RB's not injured it will take pressure off of Brett and cause Less interceptions (thank god) and cause him to clear his mind and make easier passes instead of bombs that either miss or get intercepted

OP
OP
S

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am an acquaintance of Samkon. He went to my church in Kansas City.
It is a cool story how an unknown missionary paid his and his fathers way to the USA. His goal is for his mother to make it over here. I like the way he picked out number 35...the original number of the Nigerian Nightmare...Christian Okoye...While at Chiefs camp last year...they called him the little Nigerian Nightmare. He was fun to watch last year in an otherwise boring year. I liked the way Boomer spoke about him...on Primetime....I was Brockingtons biggest fan....and I thought it was cool that he broke his rushing game record. And 2nd longest run from scrimmage...in like 30 years...THE SAMKON RULEST!!!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerLegend said:
"In Gado We Trust"

I'm sure we all do but I think Gado and Davenport wont hit over 1,000 yards (like the broncos did with Tatum and the other guy) but I say Ahman will get over 1,00 if he doesn't get injured

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure we'll see a RBBC in Green Bay this season. We've got three capable backs.. that are also injury prone. So McCarthy may want to split the carries three ways to keep everyone's legs fresh. That is, unless Ahman or someone else goes hot and establishes that he is more than capable of handling it by himself.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gado is real good but I think Davenport is the 2nd man in but all 3 will get touches

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Popcynical said:
I'm sure we'll see a RBBC in Green Bay this season. We've got three capable backs.. that are also injury prone. So McCarthy may want to split the carries three ways to keep everyone's legs fresh. That is, unless Ahman or someone else goes hot and establishes that he is more than capable of handling it by himself.

Yea, I am thinking the same thing. Say Gato gets hot and pops off a few breakaway runs in consecutive games. The yards start piling up...stopping the run is a concern to defences. Then Brett goes to work. Zip...TD

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Gado will emerge as the primary running back this season. I hate to say it, but I don't like Ahman's chances of making a full recovery from the horrible injury he suffered, and Davenport will remain injury-prone as long as he runs upright and continues to run into defenders instead of running around them. I would not be surprised to see Gado and Herron as the #1 and #2 backs this year. And I agree with others here that he is a guy you like to stick up for.

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I think Gado will emerge as the primary running back this season. I hate to say it, but I don't like Ahman's chances of making a full recovery from the horrible injury he suffered, and Davenport will remain injury-prone as long as he runs upright and continues to run into defenders instead of running around them. I would not be surprised to see Gado and Herron as the #1 and #2 backs this year. And I agree with others here that he is a guy you like to stick up for.

I'm not sure I agree with your assesment. :)

IMO, Gado and Davenport are similar backs, and I think Davenport will get the nod. Green will be like Dunn, and Davenport will be like Duckett. I can't see Herron making the cut, because IMO we won't keep more than a total of 4 RBs/FBs.

The time for Gado to get snaps will be when Davenport is used as a FB IMO. And that will be ocasionally. I expect about maybe a 300 yard season out of Gado.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Dunn and Green are far different. Dunn is a slasher, Green is a powerful back with speed who can make good cuts.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree somewhat with the Duckett/Davenport comparison, but it's not a good thing for Davenport. Last I heard, the Falcons were trying to trade Duckett, reportedly because he was not a good fit for their zone blocking scheme. Granted, Duckett did have some success in that offense, but that's because he's a better all-around runner than Davenport.

Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Dunn and Green are far different. Dunn is a slasher, Green is a powerful back with speed who can make good cuts.

Yeah bad comparision per say, I meant it in terms of Green will be like Dunn in terms of our #1 back, and Davenport will be the #2 and short yardage powerfull runner guy.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see Green getting 1000+

Davenport - 300+

Gado - 250+

Herron - 80