Saints Fan Here

deuce4pres

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanted to congratulate you all on a well played game. Rodgers is the real deal (aside from Brees, of course). I rooted for you guys in the Super Bowl. This game Thursday night had to have the entire country on the edge of their seats the entire game. Im glad it wasnt a blowout or a low scoring game. I hope we get a Big Easy vs Big Cheezy matchup again in the NFC Championship game ( with a different ending of course). Good luck with the rest of your season and give Grant the ball more. I drafted him in one of my leagues. See ya in the playoffs.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I give you props for coming here and congratulating Packer fans. Not like we did anything but I appreciate the sentiment. Good luck to the Saints the rest of the year they will do well. One of the best games I've seen in a long time... Although the offenses seemed to far outpace the defenses.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
love the sig Stylez. Don't mock the belt... Which seems to have been retired. I didn't see it one time from the Packers side yesterday. I won't miss it. It's kind of played out.

And using the belt when your team is losing is....well.........pathetic

Helmets

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes the belt is starting to get worn out - similar to a song that you like and soon after they overplay it on the radio. Gets old...

We were at the game, and I must say there were a lot of Saints fans attending. Stadium View was full of them prior to the game. All were great fans. All that I talked to were from Louisiana, and most that I talked to sounded funnier than Cheeseheads from Wisconsin...

truerjulie

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was embarrassed by the belt thing. Graham's a young kid and he just got a little overexcited. You guys played really well and put us in a real bind by jumping up on us early. I'm really proud of how much everyone around the country enjoyed the game last night. Best of the NFC.

JamesCA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great game and great to hear from some real football fans from New Orleans. You've got a great team and Sproles really gives the Saints another dimension. He's a big improvement over Reggie Bush and I think the combination of Brees and Sproles will lock up the South for you guys. Looking forward to seeing you in the Championship game back in Green Bay.

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NOLA Fans are the best. too bad other teams fans could not have the class i have experienced in NOLA and of course Lambeau!
This was an epic match up of two great teams.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I too was at the game and was impressed repeatedly by the Saints fans I met. Good folks one and all of them. I was more than a little unimpressed by the Saints fan forums, but, I guess you get the same s--t talk from Packers' fans on most of the other 'national' forums. I find it completely unacceptable to be wishing injury on a competitor just to get the "W".

To "TruerJulie" ... no need to be embarrassed by this kid...I was embarrassed by the boo'ing that the Saints received as they came out of the tunnel. I'm an old school fan who has kind of lost his taste for the stadium experience over the last 15 years due to the emergence of what I call "the ESPN generation of fans". It's not Lambeau in particular, it seems to permeate the entire spectrum of professional sports. In places like Philly and Oakland, it's expected that the stadium will be occupied by an inordinate number of loud-mouth louts ... but not in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

Being a former 'competitor', I just do not find it acceptable behavior here, there or anywhere. Now I'll hop off my soapbox long enough to wish the Saints continued success. I've read in the Times Pic that the loud-mouth louts there are jamming pretty ******* the Saints' defense ... I think that Green Bay's offense can make anyone's defense look bad -- but I have to admit that the Saints made the Pack's defense look pretty pedestrian as well. If the scores were reversed (and they could have easily been so) those very same Saints' fans would be saying what I just said. I for one am extremely pleased that the Pack were able to escape with a "W" here.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I live in Mobile, Alabama and was listening to a New Orleans station on the radio pregame. They couldn't say good enough things about how Green Bay was treating New Orleans fans. Glad to know that other fans can have a good time and not be scared to get knifed in the parking lot after the game.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Nearly all of the Saints fans on here have been incredibly classy. They should be proud to be Saints fans. I am glad to hear this because it allows me to be proud as a Packer fan.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
The belt really only gets busted out when Rodgers scores a rushing td or someone else scores and it solidifys a lead. Not when it's a high scoring back and forth game.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
I seem to recall Rodgers indicating in an interview that he was planning to retire "the belt" perhaps in favor of some new celebration. Sort of like how he changed up his moustache.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Cool of a fan of the opposing team to be classy like this. I think you guys [Saints] got an absolute steal in FA with Sproles. That little manlet is quick and hard to contain.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
love the sig Stylez. Don't mock the belt... Which seems to have been retired. I didn't see it one time from the Packers side yesterday. I won't miss it. It's kind of played out.

And using the belt when your team is losing is....well.........pathetic
Yes the belt is starting to get worn out - similar to a song that you like and soon after they overplay it on the radio. Gets old...
The belt really only gets busted out when Rodgers scores a rushing td or someone else scores and it solidifys a lead. Not when it's a high scoring back and forth game.
I seem to recall Rodgers indicating in an interview that he was planning to retire "the belt" perhaps in favor of some new celebration. Sort of like how he changed up his moustache.

I still like the belt. It's unique just like all other celebrations.
The only time it isn't is when the oposing team uses it to mock.
And we all saw how that worked out!
So I hope A-Rod still keeps on putting it on.
If not, I'll still like the guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts