Ryan Grant can get more yards...

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant can get more yards per carry if our wideouts continue to block through the play. Three times in yesteday's game, the tackle came from a corner. Our receivers have to occupy those corners.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant can get more yards per carry if our wideouts continue to block through the play. Three times in yesteday's game, the tackle came from a corner. Our receivers have to occupy those corners.

I hear ya, but in their defense, I don't think there's a WR group in the NFL that blocks better than GB.

Especially Driver and K-Rob. If there's ONE thing K-Rob didn't forget in his absence, it's how to run block. Jennings isn't too shabby either.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:

I hear ya, but in their defense, I don't think there's a WR group in the NFL that blocks better than GB.

Especially Driver and K-Rob. If there's ONE thing K-Rob didn't forget in his absence, it's how to run block. Jennings isn't too shabby either.

Timmons - I agree with Trom here. We have excellent blocking WRs. Maybe they had an off day yesterday?

OP
OP
T

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One play in particular stood out, I think it was J Jones who was standing there watching his corner tackle Grant. I agree that Driver and Robinson aren't the issue.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
One play in particular stood out, I think it was J Jones who was standing there watching his corner tackle Grant. I agree that Driver and Robinson aren't the issue.

Then why not single out Jones?

You mad eit sound like the entire WR core needs to get better

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was at the game so I haven't had the opportunity to see any replays of this particular play.
James Jones just standing around on that play stood out in real time to me.
We must remember he is a rookie, I think for the most part our WR's do an excellent job of blocking.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons said:
I was at the game so I haven't had the opportunity to see any replays of this particular play.
James Jones just standing around on that play stood out in real time to me.
We must remember he is a rookie, I think for the most part our WR's do an excellent job of blocking.

It was probably a rookie mistake that his coach will give him a lecture for when they watch film together.

JJ is pretty good at learning from his mistakes. Watch how he runs with the ball now. Notice he's not doing the crap he did when we played da Bears. I'm sure this will get brought up and corrected.

Members online

Latest posts