Ryan Gado?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice write-up on Grant

www.packerslounge.com

On this weeks podcast I referred to Ryan Grant as Ryan Gado. It was a not-so-Freudian slip. But was it really that uncalled for?

I like Ryan Grant. I like what he did last year. I like the pieces the media did on him, showing him as a humble kid. There weren’t many reasons to dislike Grant or think he might not have what it takes to be a #1 running back in the NFL. But there were a few.

Nobody likes a holdout. Yes, the NFL is a business, but a holdout after half a good season? Really? O…k. You gotta do what ya gotta do, I guess. Unfortunately that holdout really hurt the running game of the Packers the first three weeks of the season. Grant showed up in not great shape, and was hurt in the first week of his return. Congratulations on the payday, Ryan.

Another thing that sort of bothers me is that Ryan Grant seems to be injury prone. He was hurt in New York in a short injury plagued career, and he’s hurt now. Of course he has that little half season of awesomeness in between. I find it concerning.

He hasn’t done great things consistently. The contract issue a Ted Thompson thing. We can all blame him if things don’t pan out, but my primary concern now is the Packers winning games, and we need a running game. Right now we have an inconsistent injury prone running back as our #1 and it scares me!

We all seen the flash in the pan act before with Samkon Gado. Gado seemed to be at least a great human being and didn’t give one damn about the money. He wanted to be a doctor and save people in Africa(or something heroic like that. I would have babies with Samkon Gado). Ryan was hurt, hurt, hurt, good year, fought to get payday, got it, hurt, hurt.

Not a bad strategy, business wise.

Now I hope I’m dead wrong here. I am wrong a lot and this is a time I’d love that to to be the case. After Grant we have an unproven second year player and a guy with vulgar last name behind him, so don’t mind me if I’m a tad concerned about our running game.

Grant needs to step up. End of story.

wizard 87

Old Enough To Know Better
Reaction score
very well stated...pondering some of those same thoughts. His lack of burst this year is disturbing as is his injuries. nice post.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems to be a bad year for hamstring injuries in the league. Grant isn't the only one.
While the contract issue delayed Grant coming in to Packers' camp this summer, he did make all the OTA's as a good faith gesture.

Members online

Latest posts