1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Rushing game last few weeks

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by longtimefan, Dec 10, 2012.

1. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Jack, I can't remember who said it but someone did say a ground game was not needed in todays NFL. Words to the effect it was passe.

2. mradtke66

mradtke66 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    I've said something similar to that, though not exactly. The correct way to phrase my outlook isn't that a running game isn't needed, but rather, "A strong rushing attack is not correlated with making the post season or post season success."

What you need out of your running game varies a great deal. The Packers don't need as much as the 49ers, for example. 3.5 YPC would be perfectly fine for this offense. Just enough to get defenses out of Tampa-2 or Cover-2 all game would be plenty. The last few games have been nice. Hopefully this gives everyone else just enough to think about so they can't sit in a shell all game.