RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Word has reached PFT world headquarters of a rumored trade that would send Oakland Raiders receiver Randy Moss to the Green Bay Packers for quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

We're told that the Raiders want a first-round pick for Moss, and that the Packers have countered with an offer of Rodgers, who was Green Bay's first round pick in the 2005 draft.

Stay tuned. Though we never would have imagined that Moss and Packers quarterback Brett Favre could coexist, it looks like this one could indeed be going down.

From good 'ol PFT.com

This has me shocked. I can't see this happening. UNLESS! Brett informed Ted/Packers that he'd committ to TWO years if we had Moss. But I dunno. I'm kind of shellchocked on this.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well.....there again.....it's just a RUMOR! Take it all with a grain or two of salt.
I don't put much stock into any of this, until i see it from a REAL source.
These rumor mills will just keep churning out stuff. And no one remembers the ones that turn out to be bogus. The only ones remembered are the 1 out of 500 that happen by chance to come true.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could see this I guess maybe Mike and Ted don't think Rodgers isnt the right man or he isnt good enough. Or like someone said that they think Brett will be back longer because of Moss. Or they think they can draft a better QB in this year or next years draft so trade Rodgers

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seems suspect to me being we do not have a back up for Brett, or, if it were to happen, someone to at least try and turn the keys over to later.

Oakland knows they will not get first round material for Moss at this point anyhow. Especially when you tack on his salary. Woofta! I still say he will have to be willing to redo his contract or it's too risky at his age and recent production.

I heard earlier where A. Thomas looked to be heading to San Fran so if we're going large it might as well be here. Just not quite $9 mill large.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard earlier where A. Thomas looked to be heading to San Fran so if we're going large it might as well be here. Just not quite $9 mill large.

Charles Woodson was looked to be heading to Tampa last year as well, its just talk means nothing.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This rumor makes a weird kind of sense. But I hope it does not come true. Moss is a *******, and I don't think he would make the team much better. I don't think he's worth picking up at all, and especially not at the expense of a young first-round QB.

smlutz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a nice little bit of info for you all about PFT.com.

POSTED 8:48 a.m. EST, February 23, 2007
RUMORS FLY OF MOSS TO JAGS

One of our moles in Indy at the scouting combine tells us that, while new Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is talking like he plans to have receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss on the team this season, there is buzz that the Raiders would like to trade Moss if they can land a quarterback in return -- and that the destination about which folks are talking is Jacksonville.

Under that scenario, the Jags would send Byron Leftwich and a draft pick or two to Oakland.

And the possibility of a trade might explain the decision of the team to proclaim that Leftwich will be the starter when the season begins seven months from now. If Leftwich was on the team's proverbial trash heap, how could they get anything for him in trade? Given that the free-agent class is generally weak this season, teams that need quarterbacks will have to look elsewhere. If the Jaguars are proclaiming to the world that Fat Albert is their guy, the market for his services increases.

Likewise for the Raiders, the best way to get value for Moss is for the organization to throw its arms around him and act like they plan to keep him. Even if they don't.

Last season, there were rumors that former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who is now an assistant with the Jags, was lobbying for the team to trade for Moss. The Jags have a talented trio of young receivers, but they had a rash of drops in 2006.

Interesting...if I may say so myself.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, another stupid rumor.
Brett Favre, KGB, Ferguson, Clifton and a conditional 5th for Moss or if it is Aaron Rodgers instead of Brett Favre it is a conditional 3rd round pick.

Part of the deal is Moss has to have at least a dozen boot lickers on hand at all times.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
imagine we do this trade would you do it?

Rodgers 1st 16th pick ... 2nd 16th pick ... next years second

for

Moss 1st pick overall

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Just a nice little bit of info for you all about PFT.com.

POSTED 8:48 a.m. EST, February 23, 2007
RUMORS FLY OF MOSS TO JAGS

One of our moles in Indy at the scouting combine tells us that, while new Raiders coach Lane Kiffin is talking like he plans to have receivers Jerry Porter and Randy Moss on the team this season, there is buzz that the Raiders would like to trade Moss if they can land a quarterback in return -- and that the destination about which folks are talking is Jacksonville.

Under that scenario, the Jags would send Byron Leftwich and a draft pick or two to Oakland.

And the possibility of a trade might explain the decision of the team to proclaim that Leftwich will be the starter when the season begins seven months from now. If Leftwich was on the team's proverbial trash heap, how could they get anything for him in trade? Given that the free-agent class is generally weak this season, teams that need quarterbacks will have to look elsewhere. If the Jaguars are proclaiming to the world that Fat Albert is their guy, the market for his services increases.

Likewise for the Raiders, the best way to get value for Moss is for the organization to throw its arms around him and act like they plan to keep him. Even if they don't.

Last season, there were rumors that former Vikings coach Mike Tice, who is now an assistant with the Jags, was lobbying for the team to trade for Moss. The Jags have a talented trio of young receivers, but they had a rash of drops in 2006.

Interesting...if I may say so myself.

Yeah, you can't really put a whole lot of stock into PFT.com I just found it interesting.

This snipit also is saying they want a QB in return for Moss which goes along with the latest snipit from PFT.com about Moss. Moss for Rodgers.

Regardless, I just found it amusing. I don't know if I think it's a good idea to trade Rodgers for Moss. If we thought Ingle Martin could be the 'QB' of the future, ok. But we've seen less of Martin than Rodgers. ... is that a good thing?

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: First of all both TT and MM think quite highly of Rodgers. Second of all the Pack has really got a nice bunch of receivers to develop which is TT's most important stance. Third there's a very good liklihood GB will be able to snag at least one if not more good looking receivers in the draft. And fourth if Robinson makes it back GB will have the receivers they need.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twocents: First of all both TT and MM think quite highly of Rodgers. Second of all the Pack has really got a nice bunch of receivers to develop which is TT's most important stance. Third there's a very good liklihood GB will be able to snag at least one if not more good looking receivers in the draft. And fourth if Robinson makes it back GB will have the receivers they need.

Do they think highly of him? Wasn't it just 2 years ago that MM was the niner's OC and they passed on Rodgers to take Smith? They could get Moss and then pick up Harrington for a backup after Miami lets him go. :rotflmao: or Brooks is available now -- we know how well Brooks and Moss work together. :rotflmao:

OR -- in another thread, it was mentioned that Barnett wanted to play in CA if he could not get the contract worked out. Why not package Barnett and Manuel for Moss and Porter and then draft for the defense.

(is there a smiley for when I am being sarcastic?)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Green Bay would give up on Rodgers for Moss. I wouldn't be against it as a fan but I just don't see that happening.

Also Moss to Jacksonville doesn't make much sense. Moss was very outspoken against Mike Tice in Minnesota and pretty much said he was not the coach for that team. That would create for an awkward situation.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The point that I would like to make is this.... The rumors of Moss to the Packers, like the billboard hits from the 70's.... "Just Keep On Coming!"

Rodgers for Moss sounds a little crazy... But who knows. The point is this, the rumors just keep on coming. Where there is smoke......

Raider Pride.

kmac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders would never do this because it's a 3 quarters on the dollar trade. Trading Moss away for Aaron Rodgers would be unforgivable to me if I were a Raider fan.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this is true, maybe Rodgers wouldnt mind going back to California since hes from there. I kind of hope its true, because maybe then Brett has confirmed he is going to play more then this year that would be great IMO...and having MOss isnt such a bad idea...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
okay look at this..

I looked at the KNBR web site, but here at work wont load cuz cant install flash player

source

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

I think this is as good as it gets in terms of getting Randy outta here. I say take the deal and help the Packers negotiate if you need to.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
okay look at this..

I looked at the KNBR web site, but here at work wont load cuz cant install flash player

source

KNBR is reporting that the Raiders and Packers have reached a tentative agreement on compensation for Randy Moss. But the entire thing is contingent upon Moss (and his agent) ability or willingness to restructure his current contract into something the Packers are more comfortable with and can absorb.

The particulars of the deal weren't discussed, but it has been rumoured that the Raiders would get a 2nd round pick in 2007 and an additional pick in 2008.

I think this is as good as it gets in terms of getting Randy outta here. I say take the deal and help the Packers negotiate if you need to.

Totally agree!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
FYI..

that came form a raider forum, and was the posters thoughts about getting Randy out of there

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't believe that report one bit, sounds like someone making up a rumor. I saw another one on a raiderboard saying Randy and our second for Rodgers and your first. I would take them all as they are for now, rumors, but I there does seem to be a little bit of smoke here.

If I hear anything from the Raiders side I let you guys know.

retiredgrampa

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now there are rumors of the Packers giving up TWO(2) picks to get Moss. TT would have to totally abandon his practice of years just to get a high-priced malcontent with fast dropping numbers. Sound logical? Not to me. This is a great year for drafting WRs. That's the way to go.

celticraider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't worry yourself too much. There is some smoke but a lot of things have to fall into place. If its 2 picks no way one is a #1. Maybe a 2 and a 3. I think Rodgers + a pick sounds more likely if anything.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
maybe the raiders are planning on trading for rodgers and taking calvin johnson #1. i just hope rodgers doesnt turn out to be a first ballot HOF, like what happened to ATL when they traded favre.

Members online

Latest posts