1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

RUMORS FLY OF RODGERS FOR MOSS

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Zero2Cool, Feb 28, 2007.

1. flapackfan

flapackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh please tell me this is true please please. I will re-order my NFL package tomorrow. Please

2. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You are talking about a very high priced #3 or 4 receiver.
    Doesn't anyone look at stats to see Jennings is a better receiver.
    I would rather have Ferguson. At least he goes over the middle.
    Moulds is a much cheaper option out there.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Joe Horn may be another option, if the Saints release him...

4. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +62
    Here's why it might be true: Brett Favre. The Packers are gearing up for a run...THIS NEXT SEASON.

An inspired Randy Moss would provide a headache second to none to NFL defenses already facing a Pro Bowler in Donald Driver on the other side.
    Moss would want to get back at Minnesota...and would have two opportunities to do so.

I can't believe TT would give up draft picks for him, though. Rodgers is fairly expensive extra baggage with a healthy Favre.

Regardless of the details of the trade, I think the Moss to Green Bay stuff has more than just a little 'smoke' to it. McGinn started hinting at it in an article yesterday and I doubt he would do that unless he's hearing SOMETHING.

McCarthy will have his own "T.O" problem to solve here, but if the Packers could bring in Moss, get Robinson back, Driver...they would have some talent at wideout.

This trade would also have profound impacts on the Packers draft.

I think Moss personally is a turd. But if you can get him back into football, it would provide Green Bay with a legit shot at the playoffs, especially in light of an improved defense.

5. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds fair......ADIOS Rodgers.....Ne never impressed me much anyway!

6. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What makes the most sense in this scenario is that the Raidahs could get their QB, and then take Calvin Johnson #1 overall, or trade the pick away for a kings ransom.

I prefer we keep Rodgers.

7. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i second that ...

8. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah I agree I would rather have Rodgers. However he didn't impress me much but he did get injured and still played through it and all.

9. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i dont know if rodgers will be the next Franchise QB ... or will ever be a QB to take a team too a SB .......... I WANT A FUTURE BRETT A FUTURE MANNING A FUTURE STAR QB

10. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    That is a little hard to find, and sure Rodgers ins't a SB quarterback. Although I think when favre leaves we should hand the keys to Rodgers and give him a test drive.

11. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Isnt their any FA qb next year ????

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,977
    Rex Grossman is a SB q/b :thumbsup:

13. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    you know what i really think is going to happen in 2 3 years ... this team is going to be SB ready but not the QB...

14. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :twocents: Personally I would not want Moss at this point as his numbers have been declining somewhat rapidly and apparently everyone here seems to remember him as the thorn in the pack's backside when he was with the Vikes. In my opinion, which is probably worth diddly, the Packers, do NOT NEED him. The cost would be way too high and we'd probably live to regret the trade. I'd rather see GB move on with the present situation and perhaps a decent pick for WR in the draft. Basically, too much for too little.

15. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    :agree:

I do not think the packers need him, his numbers are declining, he'll age soon. He is a crybaby.

16. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    So many fans seems so intent on running Rodgers off, or choose to describe him as not worhty of assuming the reins when Favre retires. This is such crap....he has too few snaps to truly know what his capabilities are, but his collegiate performance is stellar, and he has already dislayed strong leadership qualities at both levels in his comments and conduct. I think he will be a fine QB when given the chance.

And I just have a snaeking suspicion that between Brett, TT and MM there is already an agreement in place for two more years, which would allow the organization more freedon in their pursuit of FA to make that run.

17. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Rodgers is just taking up roster spots......We need to dump him...We all know that he is not a franchise QB, he may be decent at best, but he wont take us in the direction we need to go....Im not saying he is bad and wouldnt be a decent starter, but he is no Philip Rivers, Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, or Vince Young....We all know at least that much!!

18. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, ref, we actually do not "know" this. We may have disparate ideas as to what he will be, but none of us "know" what he is until he gets some reps when it means something.

By every early observation, Brett Favre should not even have had a career...but he was provided an opportunity...and he siezed it.

Beyond that, realistically now, how often does the "franchise QB" that you speka of roll down the pike. Yeah...not that often, and most teams win without the benefit of having one.

19. Krazygangsta

Krazygangsta Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I dont know what your talking about ... but the last 3 sb teams all have franchise QB ... brady big ben manning

20. refpacker

refpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Exactly my point....Digs is insane

21. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I believe TT would make the trade if it gave us a shot at contending for a SB run but not at the expense of jeperdizing our future. Therefore, I can't see him trading more than Rodgers or a 2, and actually would probably want something back if he gave either of those up. JMHO

22. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We do know he is not any of those guys (because he's Aaron Rodgers), but who's to say that's a bad thing? Rivers and Young look like players, but neither Leinart nor Cutler looked anything better than average to me last year when I saw them (although Cutler looked to have the most talent of the two).

23. paxvogel

paxvogel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No. The only player I would want with the first pick is Calvin Johnson and you are getting Moss.

24. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Um, guys...the Super Bowl has been going on longer than 3 years, and guys such as Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Jim McMahon, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson, Phil Simms, and many more "non-franchise" QBs have taken home the trophy.

Conversely, Archie Manning, Dan Marino, Dan Fouts and many other "franchise QBs" never touched the Lombardi. Football is the ultimate team sport, and there are many ways to build a tea and win the Super Bowl. It is obvious that TT is going defense and a great ground attack with a complementary passing game. A proven template for winning...one of many.

My point, in the event it is still lost on you, is that we simply do not know what we have in Rodgers. Wd can speculate all we want, but until the tires hit the pavement, he is an unknown. And while I agree that a franchise QB is a desireable thing to have on your team, most teams do not have them...and with the continuing dilution of QBs due to league expansion and purely system college QBs that do not translate well to the pros, they will be increasingly difficult to come by.

25. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But Brady was not considered a franchise QB until AFTER he won a Super Bowl, and the Steelers won their Super Bowl with an offense that minimized Roethlisberger's decisions, and in spite of the fact that Roethlisberger played poorly in the Super Bowl. I don't think we should bail out on Rodgers until we have some idea of whether he will be any good.