Ruegamer signed

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
by the Giants...

Giants | Team signs Ruegamer
Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:32:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New York Giants have signed free agent OC Grey Ruegamer (Packers) to a one-year, $750,000 contract. He'll receive a $40,000 signing bonus as part of the deal.

Just to let you know...

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good. It didnt look like there was a spot for him on this team, even though I thought he was ok(i was in the minority there, im always the minority! argh!)

but im sure this will be spun into how TT just let a pro bowl caliber Olinemen go, and yet another reason why Favre doesn't to come back.

but good luck to rugegegemyer in NY!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the guy......he had a good attitude. He wasn't a super star though, just a hard worker.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have I ever mentioned that I really HATE when people start threads with misleading titles? Maybe it's just me.

I liked Ruegamer, but the Packer management never seemed to think much of him for whatever reason.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he seemed to do well while playing...as was said, he had a great attitude, but I never understood why he was undervalued (IMO) by the packers

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
good. It didnt look like there was a spot for him on this team, even though I thought he was ok(i was in the minority there, im always the minority! argh!)

but im sure this will be spun into how TT just let a pro bowl caliber Olinemen go, and yet another reason why Favre doesn't to come back.

Yea...we are chock full of good interior lineman. No room for him here :roll:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
now he was a good interior linemen? i thought he sucked, and was a reason favre had to pick himself off the ground in lambeau. which is it.

subin

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought he did a really good job at center when Flanny went down (wasn't that him 2 years ago?)

Then it seemed like he really never got a chance again

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
now he was a good interior linemen? i thought he sucked, and was a reason favre had to pick himself off the ground in lambeau. which is it.

Are you asking me? Please let me know when I said that. Let me guess...TT didn't re-sign him so he must not have been worth it, right?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

tromadz said:

Ok, so which one is it? Was he ok or did he suck? ANSWER ME!!!! :p

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ruegamer is a classic utility O-lineman. He can play any position on the line. The problem was he can't play any one at an elite level. He is probably best at Center. He was a 3rd round pick at OT. He can have a long career as a minimum wage back up.

My sister-in-law met him twice and said he was a nice guy and not bitter about being cut and re-signed.

His new contract is almost 50% more than last years contract.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Californiacheez--Are you sure that Ruegamer received 50% more than his contract with the Packer last year? Here is a report from Packersnews.com posted 7:00 pm Monday :

Posted at 19:05 on Apr. 03, 2006

By Pete Dougherty
PackersNews.com

"...............Grey Ruegamer, a backup offensive lineman with the Packers the past three seasons, signed a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $670,000 with the New York Giants. The Packers had signed Ruegamer as a free agent in 2003 but did not attempt to bring him back this offseason."

Latest posts