1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ruegamer signed

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chamuko, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    by the Giants...

Giants | Team signs Ruegamer
    Mon, 3 Apr 2006 14:32:22 -0700

ESPN.com's John Clayton reports the New York Giants have signed free agent OC Grey Ruegamer (Packers) to a one-year, $750,000 contract. He'll receive a $40,000 signing bonus as part of the deal.

Just to let you know...

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good. It didnt look like there was a spot for him on this team, even though I thought he was ok(i was in the minority there, im always the minority! argh!)

but im sure this will be spun into how TT just let a pro bowl caliber Olinemen go, and yet another reason why Favre doesn't to come back.

but good luck to rugegegemyer in NY!

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I liked the guy......he had a good attitude. He wasn't a super star though, just a hard worker.

4. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Have I ever mentioned that I really HATE when people start threads with misleading titles? Maybe it's just me.

I liked Ruegamer, but the Packer management never seemed to think much of him for whatever reason.

5. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    he seemed to do well while playing...as was said, he had a great attitude, but I never understood why he was undervalued (IMO) by the packers

6. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Yea...we are chock full of good interior lineman. No room for him here :roll:

7. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    now he was a good interior linemen? i thought he sucked, and was a reason favre had to pick himself off the ground in lambeau. which is it.

8. subin

subin Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought he did a really good job at center when Flanny went down (wasn't that him 2 years ago?)

Then it seemed like he really never got a chance again

9. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you asking me? Please let me know when I said that. Let me guess...TT didn't re-sign him so he must not have been worth it, right?

10. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok, so which one is it? Was he ok or did he suck? ANSWER ME!!!! :p

11. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    i dont know much about the new scheme. do you?

12. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Ruegamer is a classic utility O-lineman. He can play any position on the line. The problem was he can't play any one at an elite level. He is probably best at Center. He was a 3rd round pick at OT. He can have a long career as a minimum wage back up.

My sister-in-law met him twice and said he was a nice guy and not bitter about being cut and re-signed.

His new contract is almost 50% more than last years contract.

13. PWT36

PWT36 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Californiacheez--Are you sure that Ruegamer received 50% more than his contract with the Packer last year? Here is a report from Packersnews.com posted 7:00 pm Monday :

Posted at 19:05 on Apr. 03, 2006

By Pete Dougherty
    PackersNews.com

"...............Grey Ruegamer, a backup offensive lineman with the Packers the past three seasons, signed a one-year, veteran’s minimum contract worth $670,000 with the New York Giants. The Packers had signed Ruegamer as a free agent in 2003 but did not attempt to bring him back this offseason."

14. gopackgo4

gopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh well just an average lineman.