Roster Battles: RB

Who's the Packers top RB by November? Who leads us in rushing the final few months?

• Total voters

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is our starting RB by the end of October?
(or who rushes for the most yards for us from November-Super Bowl)

James Starks
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Alex Green

Brandon Saine

Ryan Grant

John Kuhn

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm excited by Alex Greene, but I like the skillz of Brandon Saine. He looks the part to me.
Low to the ground, strong, still has quickness, good hands.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Grant is gone, and good luck. Starks #1, Green #2, Kuhn #3, Saine #4 . I was just considering an RB thread, great minds think alike. ;)

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grant is gone, and good luck. Starks #1, Green #2, Kuhn #3, Saine #4 . I was just considering an RB thread, great minds think alike. ;)
True.

Grant might be back. He will play for someone this year.
I don't know if Starks will be healthy come November. He's never lasted a long time anywhere really.

I really like Saine!
Reminds me a bit of MJD. Low and strong, versatile.
Feed BS!

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saine has some awesome hands, so says Rodgers. He and Starks (if he is healthy) should get a majority of the snaps. Starks being #1

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. Starks hasn’t been able to stay healthy but he hasn’t suffered one injury over and over so who knows? If he stays healthy he gets the vast majority of snaps on first and second down and if Green is 100%, he will get most of the snaps on third down. Aside from injuries the biggest question IMO will be if Tyler or Bennett show enough potential to take a spot on the practice squad.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Just be careful of that, we don't need a running game , bunch !!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Sometimes the obvious answer is the correct one. Starks hasn’t been able to stay healthy but he hasn’t suffered one injury over and over so who knows? If he stays healthy he gets the vast majority of snaps on first and second down and if Green is 100%, he will get most of the snaps on third down. Aside from injuries the biggest question IMO will be if Tyler or Bennett show enough potential to take a spot on the practice squad.
I'm really pulling for Bennett to lock a PS spot. Dude is a bull.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If injuries hit at this position, or if things don't go well with the RB's, a longshot is Ryan Grant. But I believe someone else will scoop him up before it would get to that point for us.
Grant ran well down the stretch last year..... but that rare fumble vs NYG sealed his fate.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd like to see Saine get more snaps and I also want to see how Alex Green would do in a season.
Grant did start to pick up towards the end of the season there as well.
I also thought Starks was really average, maybe even below average through the season.

Headrush

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive read recently that Green is the ideal 3rd down back on this team. According to MM. also, Green has been cleared to practice in pads so if he makes it through camp without re-injuring the knee, I see him becoming more and more involved in the running game as the season goes on. As you already know the first year after knee surgery they usually arent 100%. MM raves about his quickness and said this week "He is a VERY powerful man." They also described him as having more shiftiness than Starks, so he's got soome wiggle which is gonna be great if he's a one cut n go runner like the expect in this blocking scheme. MM also said he hits the hole full speed and quicker than the others.

I love the way Starks runs and think he's see most of the snaps, but I also think that sooner or later he's gonna be a star. he had too many plays last year where he was about to break one for 40-50+ and just barely got tripped up

I'd hate to see either guy get hurt in camp (or any other time obviously) but it seems like every year at least one RB comes out of camp hurt.

"You know what its like to be hurt... and I hate that" - thats for you Frank Rizzo lol

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
That is a bad picture of Starks... I think he is going to have a breakout year...

How bout this one...

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Ohio State boy so i'm a bit bias but i like Saine as well. Starks has injury concerns and hasn't been able to stay healthy since college, and imo runs way to high.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm an Ohio State boy so i'm a bit bias but i like Saine as well. Starks has injury concerns and hasn't been able to stay healthy since college, and imo runs way to high.
Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't Saine an extremely highly-rated prospect coming into college?
Sometimes a stud gets to a collegiate program with a bad offensive system, bad QB, and they don't put up big numbers.
Simetimes they aren't that highly touted like Terrell Davis, Peyton Hillis, etc. and they eventually pan out in the NFL. Arian Foster too.

Saine has the skillz, ideal size. Doesn't run too upright like Starks does.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i keep hearing how great Alex Green looks so we might go with a three headed monster rushing attack if one guy can't emerge. I realy like how Saine catches the ball and Green has pretty good receiving skills to which is why Starks will probably come out on passing downs for one of theese two. Green may also see some time as a kick returner while Saine is probably going to see time as a gunner on special teams. look were going to air it out let's face it, we have the top group of Wr's in football and the best QB in football so why wouldn't we? when it starts to get cold as long as we can keep the defense honest we will be fine. Would it be nice to have a guy like Ahman Green who could do everything? sure it would but the offense will have no problems scoring points.

Members online

Latest posts