Rosenjerk

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a feeling he is going to be a pain for only a couple years. He is making these guys believe they can re-negotiate at will and GM's will get or are tired of it. McKenzie lost money sitting out and if Walker and Jackson do so will they. NFL life is short so they better play while they can. Especially Jackson who if he sits out a year will be in non-playing shape when he comes back and may never get back to his current level of play. Once these guys figure out they are losing money by listening to bad advise they will dump him.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pax, I believe you are right, at least I hope you are right. The key is for the owners and GMs to stay strong and hold these yahoo's to their contracts. IMO

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I certainly hope that you are right, pax. I still can't believe these people making the big bucks that they do still wanting more. As I have said before, they should try living what most of the rest of us live on.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerTraxx said:
pax, I believe you are right, at least I hope you are right. The key is for the owners and GMs to stay strong and hold these yahoo's to their contracts. IMO

No, unfortunately people don't always do what is right... Instead they do what they know is WRONG but do it anyway... Sad.

OP
OP
P

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I especially have problems with Grady who missed the first four games with injury and now acts like he is critical to the team. He is our best interior DL IMO but he is also injury prone, out of shape and getting older. Short, fat, stupid and injured are not good reasons to give someone a raise.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I especially have problems with Grady who missed the first four games with injury and now acts like he is critical to the team. He is our best interior DL IMO but he is also injury prone, out of shape and getting older. Short, fat, stupid and injured are not good reasons to give someone a raise.

Agreed! Yeah, when healthy he helps out a lot, but he's starting to turn into a gilbert (oft injured), and again, it's not like his best years are in front of him.

Rosenhaus has said that you need leverage to pull off a sucessful holdout, but the packers have a lot of other bodies who are the future waiting in the wings. He can't afford (literally) to hold out!

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
paxvogel said:
I have a feeling he is going to be a pain for only a couple years. He is making these guys believe they can re-negotiate at will and GM's will get or are tired of it. McKenzie lost money sitting out and if Walker and Jackson do so will they. NFL life is short so they better play while they can. Especially Jackson who if he sits out a year will be in non-playing shape when he comes back and may never get back to his current level of play. Once these guys figure out they are losing money by listening to bad advise they will dump him.

Todd Finkelmeyer: Don't blame Rosenhaus for Packers' woes

By Todd Finkelmeyer
July 9, 2005

A couple items to ponder while watering the garden or hitting some balls at the driving range:

** The citizens of the Cheesehead Nation are spewing a great deal of venom toward agent Drew Rosenhaus these days.

But isn't all that rage a bit misdirected?

Yes, Rosenhaus helped orchestrate cornerback Mike McKenzie's ugly departure from Green Bay a year ago.

Yes, this spring Rosenhaus demanded a new contract for Javon Walker and then suggested the Packers receiver get his point across by skipping minicamps.

And, yes, Rosenhaus said just this week that Grady Jackson was "very dissatisfied" with his contract, and insinuated the Packers' giant nose tackle - like Walker - wouldn't report to training camp July 29 unless there is a new deal.

But before you throw on the blaze orange and petition the DNR for a Rosenhaus hunting season, remember this: These once-beloved Packers all chose to hire Rosenhaus.

In addition, Rosenhaus works for the players - not vice-versa.

So while Rosenhaus is playing a role in this mess, it is the player who has the final say in how things are handled.

E-mail: [email protected]

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No disagreement there...the players ARE the ones who make the final say on how things will play out. But, this agent redefines the term opportunism to its ugliest extent.

Personally, while I have a grudge with Javon's and Grady's decision to pursue a raise with blackmail......I will be much more anoyed if the Packers cave.

It is one thing to talk with the team, lay out your position and negotiate a raise....as both are truly deserving by the game's monetary standards. But to use blackmail as your first and only negotiating tool.....let them sit as far as I am concerned. No trades....nothing but watching a year's worth of your short career, and its earnings, evaporate as the team plays on without you. regardless of the record at the end of the year.

Steel Wheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
No disagreement there...the players ARE the ones who make the final say on how things will play out. But, this agent redefines the term opportunism to its ugliest extent.

Personally, while I have a grudge with Javon's and Grady's decision to pursue a raise with blackmail......I will be much more anoyed if the Packers cave.

It is one thing to talk with the team, lay out your position and negotiate a raise....as both are truly deserving by the game's monetary standards. But to use blackmail as your first and only negotiating tool.....let them sit as far as I am concerned. No trades....nothing but watching a year's worth of your short career, and its earnings, evaporate as the team plays on without you. regardless of the record at the end of the year.

I'm sure that is Ted Thompson's plan. Thompson knows 2005 is an evaluating year for the Packers, so there is no need to negotiate with Javon Walker or Grady Jackson.

I agree, let them sit.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gee, Steelwheels, what would your employer say if you decided not to come to work tomorrow because you wanted a better more money. I know what mine would have said. He would have said, "Put on your boots and keep on walking." :lol: :lol:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It doesnt really seem like any of these teams are giving into the hold out players. You have the Packers who aren't giving into Javon or Grady and you have other teams who will be trading some guys. For example Seattle and Alexander and the Bills and Travis Henry, hey for all I care I would take one of those running backs over Green. I would love to get Alexander on our team:)

dan7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rosenhaus

I certainly hope that the Packers Front Office doesn't cave in to this guy....

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So while Rosenhaus is playing a role in this mess, it is the player who has the final say in how things are handled.
One thing is very clear here.....

Rosenhaus is making it possible for Green Bay to weed out the Hollywood wannabe's...
Drew is helping us clean house like we should have been doing for the last two years with these primadonnas...
What's more - all of you can see what it is I'm saying.

These Players don't really want to be in a podunk small town when if their talents and EGOs are as good (and BIG) enuf - then they already see themselves playing for Miami (or whatever coastal football NFL Town) and hanging out at the "skimpy bikinis" beach bars....

One thing I've learned for some time now while attempting to do some good with this IPB Club - it's seeing... (and now.. knowing....) ..that after a certain amount of time - almost all of these Players fall prey to thinking they are just like Rock Stars, and should be treated as such, period! And, quite a bit of it is actually our own fault for heaping such attention (like one would do for Eric Clapton, etc) at these once regular Joe's!

We tried, two years ago, to see if Javon Walker would be available to stop down by our Club during the Off season and have a gig here, partly for charity, but mostly for fun... And, we were told (no exception)... it would cost at least $5,000 for him to make a short, very short, appearance.... five grand... or more - along with that, we (the Club) would be responsible for his Hotel bill and his limo, and whatever elseetc., etc., etc. You add it up!

Two years ago, he was still fumbling the ball... remember? For cry iy iy!

In the end, we would have never made a dime towards whatever Charity we were interested in working with... nuthin'! I mean, c'mon now - all it was supposed to be was a Pool Party, where everyone would pay a certain amount to shoot eight-ball at the Fox & Hound with Javon and whoever else felt like showing up with him - see the Houston Club web site for examples - we were attempting what they've already had success with....

Personally - I would rather have... a group of "committed, Green Bay luvin'.... NFL football players" ...who truly enjoy being at Lambeau Field.... the likes of LeRoy Butler, etc.... Brett Favre....etc. Than to have to waste "everyone's time" with this nonsense....

I say - Cut 'em loose - get it over with and let's move on with the business of winning!

GO PACK GO!

Members online

Latest posts