• RB Kylin Hill

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to admit. It sure sounded like it to me.

lol as I went on that is due to the overwhelming amount of tape of his play, his build and style of utilization Clemson used him as and what Matt and other staff members have shared about projected useage at the pro level.

again it isn’t saying cannot be asked to run that seam or go route, but his big deep pass targets at start of catch will come off double moves or broken coverages - not a pure deep route and blowing past folks at the NFL level. Rodgers was one of my favorite WR prospect and caught a little flack for how high I was on him, so none of this comes from a place or not liking him. I love him actually for us

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say Tyni that of course Rodgers is meant for the slot. I don't expect him to be a Metcalf. I am only saying that I think he is going to be good at going deep. Much better than Cobb ever was. imho but of course it is early.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say Tyni that of course Rodgers is meant for the slot. I don't expect him to be a Metcalf. I am only saying that I think he is going to be good at going deep. Much better than Cobb ever was. imho but of course it is early.

He is good when double moves are called for because his quick hit routes are so deadly with how well he is setting up an addition yardage chunk if the DB isn't on him at catch...that combined with his route ability does cause some deep tosses every now and then. I look forward to seeing how he transitions to the NFL.

Reaction score
He is good when double moves are called for because his quick hit routes are so deadly with how well he is setting up an addition yardage chunk if the DB isn't on him at catch...that combined with his route ability does cause some deep tosses every now and then. I look forward to seeing how he transitions to the NFL.
Did you guys happen to see what he did at his pro-day? He ran an unofficial .04 sec behind Ettienne’s 4.40. 4.44. He’s probably closer to high 4.4’s but he’s plenty fast. Just a smidge off Swervin Ervins 40 time of 4.41. If he gets a step on you he’s going to be very hard to close on and even harder to wrestle with.
Consider this though, Amari put up 24 reps on the bench. He’s very strong upper body wise
I think we’ll see him as our Punt returner on ST inside 1 season. He’s got such a unique blend of strength and explosiveness.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Did you guys happen to see what he did at his pro-day? He ran an unofficial .04 sec behind Ettienne’s 4.40. 4.44. He’s probably closer to high 4.4’s but he’s plenty fast. Just a smidge off Swervin Ervins 40 time of 4.41.

According to the Tigers' website Rodgers ran a 4.51.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the Tigers' website Rodgers ran a 4.51.

According to the Tigers website, he ran a 4.40

One scout timed him at 4.44

D

Deleted member 6794

According to the Tigers website, he ran a 4.40

One scout timed him at 4.44

That's interesting.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's interesting.

Consensus by NFL scouts? I'm thinking I wouldn't trust data supplied by other teams that may want to draft him. My extensive and in depth research ( Googled amari rodgers 40 time) returned 4 or 5 more numbers, all different and in the 4.4s. Makes me skeptical of all - but I think the truth I below 4.5.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Josh Myers may not be a big surprise, I felt he was NFL ready
The only surprise is that he was selected ahead of higher rated Cs. Then again, GB has done pretty well with Cs from OSU. And yeah, I expect Myers to start right away.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers use in some of his "highlight plays" doesn't illustrate the vast majority of how his skillset was used at Clemson and especially not what he will be used for in GB. No one on our roster is going to be used as the "Deep Threat" to push those safeties deep not named MVS. Now sure there will be plays you're going to see any number of our other WRs with a route designed to cause opposing defense to honor that portion of the field - but trust me Rodgers is our slot YAC weapon we've not had in years. He has the short range burst and route abilities to for sure make a DB regret biting and beat them deep...but that isn't where his strengths lie or the role he will play in the MLF system. I won't state that as a definitive statement, but I do strongly feel that is more fact than opinion given our system and what Rodgers is and was at Clemson.
I just hope they keep him as a receiver/return man. He reminds me of Ty Montgomery, and IMO the Packers didn't do Montgomery any favors playing him as a RB. Fortunately we have a strong RB group and that shouldn't be necessary.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they keep him as a receiver/return man. He reminds me of Ty Montgomery, and IMO the Packers didn't do Montgomery any favors playing him as a RB. Fortunately we have a strong RB group and that shouldn't be necessary.

I believe Rodgers will be in that role until his value elsewhere outweighs the injury risk one has returning punts. I've wondered how or if Kylin Hill could field punts as well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Rodgers will be in that role until his value elsewhere outweighs the injury risk one has returning punts. I've wondered how or if Kylin Hill could field punts as well.
I guess you're right. When Montgomery was here the situation with the RB group was also different and they needed him as a RB. What I hope is that Rodgers rapidly develops into the slot receiver we haven't had since Cobb. Still amazing to me that the team won 14 games last year and Rodgers pitched 48 TDs without a slot receiver. I didn't know the injury risk was higher for punt returners. It makes sense - you have the occasional unblocked opponent flying at you at the speed of light, trying to make a name for himself.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'll take a stab at it and guess Royce Newman.

If Bakh isn't ready for the first month or so, they will need to rely on some OL help further down the depth chart. I could envision him as part of that initial starting five, and if he played well immediately I think that would be a nice surprise for a 4th round rookie.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll take a stab at it and guess Royce Newman.

If Bakh isn't ready for the first month or so, they will need to rely on some OL help further down the depth chart. I could envision him as part of that initial starting five, and if he played well immediately I think that would be a nice surprise for a 4th round rookie.
You really have to credit the Packer scouting department when it comes to OL evaluation. They don't hit on every pick, but I think they are way above average.

Newman started with the ones in minicamp. I think he has a good shot at maintaining that.

Reaction score
Consensus by NFL scouts? I'm thinking I wouldn't trust data supplied by other teams that may want to draft him. My extensive and in depth research ( Googled amari rodgers 40 time) returned 4 or 5 more numbers, all different and in the 4.4s. Makes me skeptical of all - but I think the truth I below 4.5.
I think a 3 run average would get Amari
a 4.45-4.5 range best guess. I saw his MPH speed at 20yards was converted to 22.5MPH. that’s fast.
Something I’ve noticed is Amari doesn’t lose that burst with equipment on, he’ll get around the corner and work the sideline on a 4.6’sX40 LB like they’re standing still on film (college)
Some guys you can tell are noticeably slower in pads (Kevin King etc..).

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a 3 run average would get Amari
a 4.45-4.5 range best guess. I saw his MPH speed at 20yards was converted to 22.5MPH. that’s fast.
Something I’ve noticed is Amari doesn’t lose that burst with equipment on, he’ll get around the corner and work the sideline on a 4.6’sX40 LB like they’re standing still on film (college)
Some guys you can tell are noticeably slower in pads (Kevin King etc..).
King is a good example of a guy who loses at least a step when the pads go on. Still remember him being burned really badly by that 3rd string receiver from TB. Made such an impression I don't even know his name.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You really have to credit the Packer scouting department when it comes to OL evaluation. They don't hit on every pick, but I think they are way above average.

Newman started with the ones in minicamp. I think he has a good shot at maintaining that.
The scouts, over the years, have done an incredible job with evaluating NCAA OL talent. And not just the 2nd and 3rd round picks. They find great talent in the 4th, 5th and even the last two rounds. The only total bust I remember is Spriggs.

OP
OP
AmishMafia

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The scouts, over the years, have done an incredible job with evaluating NCAA OL talent. And not just the 2nd and 3rd round picks. They find great talent in the 4th, 5th and even the last two rounds. The only total bust I remember is Spriggs.
Lol. Yeah. Of all the picks that was my favorite! Amazing movement skills. Not sure why it didn't work out, he could have been really great. Never developed.

Reaction score
I think another surprise will be the shear number of Rookies who have a shot at competing for a starting role (or at least significant playing time).

Matter of fact that’s the thing I like most about this draft is the number of players who are competing early on. I just have this gut feeling that this will be one of our better drafts as far as players earning snaps at their prospective group in the short to mid term (year 1-2). Maybe not necessarily Pro-bowlers, but getting in a niche at their position.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall Ty not being able to catch passes downfield. Swings and crossing OK but the posts and go routes were usually failures.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn’t even that much of a deep threat in college. He certainly won’t be in the NFL, and certainly won’t be better as a deep threat than MVS. That just isn’t his game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recall Ty not being able to catch passes downfield. Swings and crossing OK but the posts and go routes were usually failures.
It's been awhile but I think you're right. Another reason they used him as a RB. All in all not a great pick.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers wasn’t even that much of a deep threat in college. He certainly won’t be in the NFL, and certainly won’t be better as a deep threat than MVS. That just isn’t his game.
I hope he can fill the slot receiver role that GB has been missing.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

When it comes to offensive line, they deserve every bit of the benefit of the doubt.

Since TT took over, the Packers are batting like .700 on OL they take in the top 5 rounds (allowing that a "hit" in the 5th round is a lower standard than in the 1st round).

That's the sort of thing that makes me shake my head when heavy analytics guys say that the draft is a pure crap-shoot with minimal skill involved.

Members online

Latest posts