Ron Wolf nominated as a contributor for HOF class of 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well deserved. He changed the entire perspective of Green Bay around the league. He changed the culture of the Packers. The 70's and much of the 80's were a wasteland for us loyal followers.

I moved to San Diego in the 80's and I did not see Packer gear on anyone. I still played hockey as an adult and often would wear Packer gear to games on winter (for us) nights. One of the guys I played with was a Bear fan, so you can imagine how much guff I took from him in the 80's. But after RW took over and we began to win, all of a sudden I saw much more gear being worn around town. After the SB win, someone on another team started yapping at me about being a bandwagon fan. First time in my life a Bear fan jumped in front to defend the Packer guy. It was classic. And it all really started with RW. He brought respect back to the Pack. I will always be greatful for that hire.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should get in, he is pretty well regarded in league circles as well as with reporters. His resume stacks up favorably when not going against players.

If you ever meet him he loves talking baseball (cards fan if I remember correctly)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kind of annoying that this is something that fans just skim over and don't get excited about. If this was kramer it would have 10 pages of posts, but unfortunately that's what's stolen the attention away from other packers players and contributors. It's a shame