1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ron Wolf nominated as a contributor for HOF class of 2015

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Oct 22, 2014.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
    Needs 80% of the votes for induction.

2. Packer Fan in SD

Packer Fan in SD Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +85
    Well deserved. He changed the entire perspective of Green Bay around the league. He changed the culture of the Packers. The 70's and much of the 80's were a wasteland for us loyal followers.

I moved to San Diego in the 80's and I did not see Packer gear on anyone. I still played hockey as an adult and often would wear Packer gear to games on winter (for us) nights. One of the guys I played with was a Bear fan, so you can imagine how much guff I took from him in the 80's. But after RW took over and we began to win, all of a sudden I saw much more gear being worn around town. After the SB win, someone on another team started yapping at me about being a bandwagon fan. First time in my life a Bear fan jumped in front to defend the Packer guy. It was classic. And it all really started with RW. He brought respect back to the Pack. I will always be greatful for that hire.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    He should get in, he is pretty well regarded in league circles as well as with reporters. His resume stacks up favorably when not going against players.

If you ever meet him he loves talking baseball (cards fan if I remember correctly)

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
  5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    Kind of annoying that this is something that fans just skim over and don't get excited about. If this was kramer it would have 10 pages of posts, but unfortunately that's what's stolen the attention away from other packers players and contributors. It's a shame

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,643
  7. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +941
    He's got my vote.