Roger Goodell killing the fun?

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
So goodell is fining people if they trash talk starting next year. I mean come on is there anything else he wants to take away?

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it was in reference to a player making a physical threat to another player. Something about taking out his knees or something.

SyX

Stranger in a strange land
Reaction score
Things like Bart Scott responding to Welker's presser and his foot references by saying his (Welker's) days in uniform are limited are crossing the line I think Goodell is talking about. Bart had better hope for his sake he isn't involved in anything questionable this weekend.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Link to source??

N.F.L. Teams Warned to Keep Trash Talk Off the Field - NYTimes.com

hink the recent trash-talking between the Jets and the Patriots was all good fun? The N.F.L. wants to make sure it stays that way.
Ray Anderson, the league’s executive vice president for football operations, contacted the playoff teams this week, warning them that the trash talk and bravado must stay off the playing field. Anderson talked to all eight teams remaining in the postseason.
The Jets, in particular, ratcheted up their comments this week, with cornerback Antonio Cromartie calling New England quarterback Tom Brady an unprintable name and cursing him. The Patriots did not respond.
But on Thursday, Patriots receiver Wes Welker needled Jets Coach Rex Ryan — and the recent revelation of *********** videos believed to feature him and his wife — by slipping 11 references to feet into his 10-minute news conference. On Friday, Ryan said he could take it.
Jets linebacker Bart Scott seemed to issue a threat to injure Welker when he was quoted Friday in Newsday as saying, “His days in a uniform will be numbered.”
It was a rough week for sportsmanship in the N.F.L. The Jets and the Patriots were not the only teams goading opponents. Baltimore’s Terrell Suggs wore a T-shirt bearing an obscene gesture directed at Pittsburgh.
Anderson’s warning means that if any improper physical acts take place during the games, comments from the past week will be taken into account when the league determines disciplinary action.

just curious..

I found it on google for you..

Couldnt you have looked for yourself 1st? People always say link...But I always wonder..Do they even look 1st?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know why he doesnt embrace the entertainment part of ftball. And dont give me this "purity of the game" crap, the NFL ****** itself out for anyone with a dollar.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep your heads on right! There is a line between trash talk that goes on at every game and somebody making a physical threat to somebody's safety. One is relatively harmless while the other is actually an infraction of the law.

Members online