Rodgers Wants Packers To Bury The Hatchet With Favre

M

mayo44

In my mind he made his choice; he is a Viking. I was never one of his biggest fans and cringed whenever we were in a tight situation with him. Early on (in my opinion) he got very lucky a lot of times and we came out on top. Once Holmgren left, he was often exciting to watch but almost as unreliable as our current kicker. More likely to make the big mistake than the big play. Just couldn't care less about the guy, he's a Viking.

So what team comes to mind when I say the name "Jerry Rice" or "Joe Montana?"

How about the name "Emmitt Smith?"

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Yeah but Jerry Rice, Joe Montana or Emmitt Smith never wore Green and gold. I kinda feel the same way about Favre. Those three never disrespected thier former employers. I have to agree with Max on this one.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
I posted my feelings in the "Guess Who is Reuniting" thread, but maybe this will help:

You hear on the TV/Radio/Internet that Favre dies in a sudden car crash. What do you want your last thought of him to be? Remembering Super Bowl XXXI, TD pass # 421, the MNF game @ Oakland? Or him wearing purple? I would like to remember all the good times and forget about the bad. He just an awesome moment with Aaron Rodgers on stage, and I hope for more in the future!
Yeah you tend to foget things like that Monday night game after his father died. The man stands up in front of his teammates and says "I've got your back". That was an incredible night.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I think (and have always thought) comparing Brett to any other situation isn't valid

People have said Lombardi and the Skins, or Young and Joe..

As someone just said those guys never held a 2 hour press conference explaining why the pack hurt their feelings

After all, Brett's feelings were hurt

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
"Rodgers wants to bury the hatchet in Favre" is how I first read the name of this thread. That's what I get for being online when I'm tired. :)

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Never been one for "hero worship". Have never owned a jersey with a player's name and number on the back...so...I've never had this sincere passion for or against one player or another. I don't despise the Vikings as some of the younger fans do. I have a severe dislike for the Bears' fans ... not so much the organization...so how do I explain my feelings on this issue since I seem to be a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. ;)

All I have to say is that two are true -

1). It was good, from my vantage point, to see those two together, and,
2). One day, both of those guys will be in the Packers Hall, the NFL Hall and Lambeau's Ring of Honor.

Beyond that, I don't care to get into the re-occuring hair pulling and purse swinging on the Favre issue. The whole problem is brought on by fans themselves because they elevate these guys to a status that they really don't deserve ... I say this from my vantage point on Olympus, where I throw lightning bolts to my loyal worshippers. ;)

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
just had my first ever yard sale / garage sale this past weekend. I had my #4 jersey hanging up for sale and had "make me an offer" sign on it. I had 3 guys get into a bidding war over it...lol...that was sweet. I ended up making $155 bucks on that jersey. It was an NFL authentic, but I had to let it go for that price, plus #4 is still on my **** list so I could care less.

I

just had my first ever yard sale / garage sale this past weekend. I had my #4 jersey hanging up for sale and had "make me an offer" sign on it. I had 3 guys get into a bidding war over it...lol...that was sweet. I ended up making $155 bucks on that jersey. It was an NFL authentic, but I had to let it go for that price, plus #4 is still on my **** list so I could care less.

wish I`d known. I`m looking for some new rags to wash my car D`oh ! :rolleyes:

razorbackdave

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Once again Aaron Rodgers shows he is a class act. He is in a position to have more knowledge about the situation than any of us and he has chosen the high road. That guy is a winner on the field and off.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Life is too short to get chapped over what color plastic helmet a guy wore a few years ago.

If the good times outnumbered the bad then it's water under the bridge and all of that stuff.

TimthePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn't happy with him going to the Vikings but the way it ended made me very happy he did. My problem is with him advertising the wrangle open front denims.

I

It seemed a different "Helmet" got him despised. Especially in New York.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah you tend to foget things like that Monday night game after his father died. The man stands up in front of his teammates and says "I've got your back". That was an incredible night.

It was a good performance, and not to take away from it, but the media missed the real story behind that game. It wasnt so much Favre having his teammates back as his receivers having his. I saw more incredible catches in that game than I've ever seen. Favre was throwing it up into double coverage and guys like Walker, Ferguson, pedestrian receivers took their game to a level that was hard to believe and just going up and stealing it.

OP
OP
realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
It was a good performance, and not to take away from it, but the media missed the real story behind that game. It wasnt so much Favre having his teammates back as his receivers having his. I saw more incredible catches in that game than I've ever seen. Favre was throwing it up into double coverage and guys like Walker, Ferguson, pedestrian receivers took their game to a level that was hard to believe and just going up and stealing it.
I remember the receivers saying that before the game they all got together and said "whatever he throws, we catch".

TimthePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they would have had that mentality to begin with, they might have stayed with the Packers and Favre may have gone to another Super Bowl.

Members online

Latest posts