Rodgers tells fans to R-E-L-A-X

PackManDan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://nesn.com/2014/09/aaron-rodgers-says-worrying-packers-fans-should-relax-despite-1-2-start/

Rodgers tells fans to relax and that everything will be ok. This really means nothing to me. I mean obviously if Rodgers thinks the Packers truly have major issues he isn't going to tell the media "Yes the fans are right, they should be worrying."

I predicted the Packers to go 12-4 before the season started. Now that I've seen them play I predict 10-6 which might be good enough for a wildcard but they are so much better than that. Wish they would play like it.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In AR's own words "we had a couple mediocre performances and one average performance". Jets and Detroits defensive backfields were bottom-of-the-roster guys due to injury and the offense still sputtered.

Really, REALLY wish that he'd show us that we have nothing to worry about, empty words until then. Also wish he'd spend less time thinking about we fans and more time getting Cobb & the TE's involved in the offense. If Jordy's double covered there's at least one underneath guy open, find him!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
http://nesn.com/2014/09/aaron-rodgers-says-worrying-packers-fans-should-relax-despite-1-2-start/

Rodgers tells fans to relax and that everything will be ok. This really means nothing to me. I mean obviously if Rodgers thinks the Packers truly have major issues he isn't going to tell the media "Yes the fans are right, they should be worrying."

I predicted the Packers to go 12-4 before the season started. Now that I've seen them play I predict 10-6 which might be good enough for a wildcard but they are so much better than that. Wish they would play like it.
The intense panic among the faithful must be felt inside the locker room. I'm still trying to remain calm. Taking 800mg of chill daily. Others should too.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got on him last year when he made similar comments. The fans aren't on the team but we put just as much time, energy, emotion and sometimes money into this thing then a lot of the players. I know I do!! Don't tell me to relax! When you pay for my high DIrect tv bill for having Sunday Ticket or buy my Packer gear i wear in support of my favorite team, or supply hotel and gas money to attend games then you can tell me to relax. Til then don't worry about the fans, focus on being better and winning.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...rs-fans-relax-were-going-to-be-fine/16111441/

Rodgers has not been immune to the problems on the field. His 6.83 yards per passing attempt would be almost two yards below his career average, far off the blistering 9.25 yards per pass he averaged in 2011. Rodgers has never averaged fewer than 7.5 yards per pass in a season, and that was his first year as a starter.

Naturally, fans have tried to rationalize those numbers. In their panic, they've stretched with their theories. Some have wondered whether last season's collarbone injury that forced Rodgers to miss seven games has lingered into this season. Others questioned on social media whether Rodgers is distracted from football while dating actress Olivia Munn.

On his radio show, Rodgers emphatically shot down both notions.

"Those are so idiotic, it's not even worth responding to either one of those," Rodgers said.

And now he's calling fans idiots which, in some cases, is true.

As far as I'm concerned the only thing Rodgers, or any Packer, owes me is 100% effort every Sunday (and occasionally Monday and Thursday).

Jason Pipes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like many others am a bit unsettled, but I'm not worried yet. It's still very early. As far as the division goes the Vikings are clearly not contenders. The Bears are looking decent but are paper thin due to injuries and I just don't believe Cutler has the moxie to take his team all the way. Like usual I predict they will collapse at some point. It's the Lions I am worried about most, they have a great defensive front and their QB is looking better and with no shortage of targets and options they are fielding an explosive offense.

I want to see how the Packers respond this weekend in Chicago. If they sputter and can't get anything going on offense and eek out a narrow win, or worse case if they get pounded, at that point I will be worried. Four games in and they should be in sync and their seemingly high octane offense should be rolling over other teams. If not...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In AR's own words "we had a couple mediocre performances and one average performance". Jets and Detroits defensive backfields were bottom-of-the-roster guys due to injury and the offense still sputtered.

Really, REALLY wish that he'd show us that we have nothing to worry about, empty words until then. Also wish he'd spend less time thinking about we fans and more time getting Cobb & the TE's involved in the offense. If Jordy's double covered there's at least one underneath guy open, find him!

You failed to mention all 3 are top 8 in run def

#1. #5 and #8?

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#1. #5 and #8?
I didn't "fail" at anything. Did I mention Lacy at all? Post-Ahman Green and pre-Eddie Lacy the Packers run game was nothing to write home about, but the offense still "managed". My post chided AR to get Cobb and the TE's involved ~ has nothing to do with dealing with a top 10 run defense, does it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't "fail" at anything. Did I mention Lacy at all? Post-Ahman Green and pre-Eddie Lacy the Packers run game was nothing to write home about, but the offense still "managed". My post chided AR to get Cobb and the TE's involved ~ has nothing to do with dealing with a top 10 run defense, does it?

I didnt included my reasoning..

While those teams have great run def, their pass rushing abilities are just as good...

(if you search my posts you will see I have been saying for the def lines have been really good and that could be a real possibility why our passing game looks poor.

So saying that, the front defensive lines play a big part in why AR couldnt get Cobb or TE involved..

I apologize for making it appear different

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
In fairness, if there have only been 3 weeks and we couldn't run the ball against them, our failures account for 1/3rd of their season. It's a bit self-fulfilling.

Makes perfect sense, so I re-searched it..Turns out we are better running then what I thought..Your statement turns out to be wrong when I would have figured you were right

Det is ranked #1- vs the run--
they ave up 53 yards to Giants
62 yards to Carolina,
76 to us-----so we rushed better then the other two teams...

Jets ranked #2 vs the run
gave up 25 yards rushing to Oakland
60 yards to Chicago
and 80 yards to us.....Again we rushed better then the other two teams...

Seattle ranked #8
gave up 80 yards to us rushing
101 yards to Chargers
and 36 yards to Denver..

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Those stats actually don't make me wrong at all. It's really to early to be using stats like this. Take Oakland, for instance, as they haven't rushed well against anybody. The most yards they've rushed for is 101, and the other week was 67. Sure, the Jets held them to 25, but overall Oakland has just struggled.

I do agree, 3 weeks is to early..I rather wait till week 6

We couldnt run against them is what you said, but looking at the stats, and using the other two teams as a base, we did run better..Not sure how you were right?

Either you can't or wont use the stats, or you have to use them..Can't pick and choose what to use..

W/O us Seattle gave up 68 yards per game---we got 80

W/O us Jets gave up 42.5 yards a game, we almost doubled that

W/O us Det 57.5 per game, we got 70

But again, 3 weeks is to small../but the stats do show we did run better then what people thought

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Forget the stats, it's too early for that. Our offense is not sustaining drives that culminate in touchdowns. Our defense is not getting 3 and outs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Packers have to be able to run the ball better against the best Ds to get into and progress in the playoffs and three games is a small sample size, but LTF’s point was a good one. The Ds the Packers have faced so far are all in the top 10 vs. the run. That would only be “self-fulfilling” if the Packers rush totals pulled down the yards surrendered averaged by those teams, but the opposite is true. Small solace though.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score

#1. #5 and #8?
Maybe those ranks are due to whom they've played.

Seattle: Green Bay #26 rushing offense; San Diego # 26 (tie); Denver #28
Detroit: Jets #2 rushing offense; Giants #18; GB
Jets: GB; Detroit #25; Oakland #31

So only the Lions have played anyone with a current decent running game.

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe those ranks are due to whom they've played.

Seattle: Green Bay #26 rushing offense; San Diego # 26 (tie); Denver #28
Detroit: Jets #2 rushing offense; Giants #18; GB
Jets: GB; Detroit #25; Oakland #31

So only the Lions have played anyone with a current decent running game.

Detroit hasn't played the Jets so far this season. They played the Panthers while the Jets lost to the Bears.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit hasn't played the Jets so far this season. They played the Panthers while the Jets lost to the Bears.
Oops, thanks. Bears currently have the 32nd ranked rushing offense in the league, and Carolina #29. So none of our opponents have faced a decent running team to this point.

Reaction score
M

#1. #5 and #8?
Yes, I while heartily agree. I tore apart statistics during Mid season 2010. I came to the conclusion that our strength of opponent was far above normal.
Many a fan dismissed me as "optimistic ly " Unrealistic. But the bottom line is.. Well, you know the bottom line.
I think arguably, we just played 3 playoff caliber teams. 2 on the road and were about to play #4 on the road. If we win this game, with exception of a few..Eagles, Carolina, Buffalo etc. we are 2-2 and downhill and downwind from here.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts