Rodgers says the Giants cheated

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So True, just be prepared for the year of Eli Manning Worship by the Media, now that Peyton no longer is a factor, its gonna be hell.

Yeah I felt the same. I was rooting for the 9ers all the way against the Giants and I thought they played the better game minus the 2 fumbles.

Pats losing? Meh. Cant' say I'm sad. Giants winning? Have to put up with a year's worth of bluster, but that's what happens when you win the SB. Everybody else has to put up with you.

We'll hear plenty of "Eli is better, more clutch than Rodgers" the whole year, just you wait.

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sadly I just can't force myself to root for the Pats....that's like pulling for Dallas or Pittsburgh, they got one of the ultimate band wagons.

With that said, I did pull for the 49ers hard against the Giants, but see Brady and company lose the Super Bowl with the refs ******** them the exact same way the refs have screwed teams over and over that have played NE in the last 10 years,on the anniversary year of the Tuck Rule, was just priceless.

That Game was hard to watch, I did'nt want Eli/Giants to win because I can't stand how much the Mannings are worshipped in the media, but at the same time the thought of Brady and Bellicheck being in the same league as Bart Star and Lombardi makes my stomach turn so I guess the Giants win was the lesser of two Evils. So true about the Refs. lol, and the look on Brady's face after the Giants 4/5 man coverage of Gonzales blocked that Hail Mary was Priceless...I think Brady was letting his reputation as the Best QB(Supposedly) get to his head, he looked shocked that he lost, I wish I could have been there to say "Yeah You lost Man"...

Jariah

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So True, I knew the Giants were gonna win. I told my sister and she was like "Why do you say that" and said it will boil down to Defense.

and what we won't be hearing is this cold hard fact:

"It sure is nice when all the other teams in your division suck so bad, they can't win 10 games, so that means a 9-7 team CAN win the Super Bowl"

They beat a 31st ranked defense in the Super Bowl, yeah greatest team ever.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
That Game was hard to watch, I did'nt want Eli/Giants to win because I can't stand how much the Mannings are worshipped in the media, but at the same time the thought of Brady and Bellicheck being in the same league as Bart Star and Lombardi makes my stomach turn so I guess the Giants win was the lesser of two Evils. So true about the Refs. lol, and the look on Brady's face after the Giants 4/5 man coverage of Gonzales blocked that Hail Mary was Priceless...I think Brady was letting his reputation as the Best QB(Supposedly) get to his head, he looked shocked that he lost, I wish I could have been there to say "Yeah You lost Man"...

1000000000% agree with the comment about Brady.

I read an article last week from a Boston Sports forum from an actual Patriots fan that said that himself. That his impression of brady since the 16-0 season is that he over plays himself, and that's what I seen tonight. Brady trying to do too much with that thrown pick and him over reacting to the pressure around him, starting with the opening pass that wa a safety. It's as if he's scared he's not going to be considered the greatest of all time or up there with Montana, and he's over reacting, and he's been doing it since he blew his knee out.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
On a side note I loved the interaction before the game with Dungy and Aaron.

Dungy was soooo pulling for the Giants lol. Too bad Peyton was....MIA. The plot thickens in Indy. Now the SB is over. Back to Peyton watch. Peyton and Irsay both released new BS statements or news yesterday. Oh yay.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Had Peyton been there, they would have said how he's trying to hog up all the media attention. He probably was there, but kept a low profile. I just can't imagine him or Archie not being there. I didn't see them show Archie on TV, but you know he had to have been there.

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's dirty pool by the reporter who put the word "cheated" in Aaron Rodgers' mouth.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Had Peyton been there, they would have said how he's trying to hog up all the media attention. He probably was there, but kept a low profile. I just can't imagine him or Archie not being there. I didn't see them show Archie on TV, but you know he had to have been there.

He was probably rubbing oil on the ball before the Pats offense was going to take the field. Hence the drops. :)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who here would trade Rodgers for Eli? Let's see a show of hands.
Right now?
No.
Maybe later depending on how things are going.
Crikey, I hope we don't continue to keep going though having the rug pulled out from under us.
Note to self: Stop thinking this team is a dynasty until it happens.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's how I look at it:

Has Aaron Rodgers ever raced his team to the line after a big play because he thought there was a chance that it could be overturned if the referees had a chance to review it?

I can't think of any quarterback at any level who doesn't do that.

So whether one refers to it as gamesmanship or cheating, I really don't have any sympathy for the offenses who get screwed because defenses supposedly fake injuries.
In my book faking an injury is a much lower move than a QB moving up to the line.
Why don't we throw spiking in there too?
"Geez! Why doesn't the offense give the defense a chance with the seconds ticking away!
What a bunch of wussies. Just shut up, hike the damn ball and throw it down field!"

This video is worth a thousand words.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I'm not sure how one equates rushing to the LOS to get a play off with faking an injury. In the first instance the defense can call a time out and/or throw the challenge flag. In the latter there's nothing the offense can do. You want to fix faking injuries? The rule is if a player is injured causing the clock to stop, he has to leave the field for a single play. Change the rule so that player has to leave for several plays or the series. If they're really hurt, not that big a deal. If not...

I think Rodgers hit it on the nose - it's not cheating. But I don't like the timing either.

gbpowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the fact that Rodgers might have a "giant" chip on his shoulder again! The dude has a long memory and does his best work when he's trying to show up anyone who bets against him or has pulled some sort of "gamesmanship" on him! ;)

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I wish he didn't say this now. I over looked it last night since the SB was coming and my mind was occupied.

BUT, talking to my Giants fan buddy earlier he said Giants fans now hate Rodgers and think he is a sore loser.

I love Aaron, but please don't say these things. He has grudges and is a bitter guy a lot but he has to let these things go. The Giants won fair and square and the refs even helped GB.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, who cares what New Jersey Giants fans think of Rodgers. He didn't call them cheaters, he correctly pointed out their bush league gamesmanship and mentioned his own experiences with their cheap tactics. He also picked them to win, so he wasn't exactly hating on them.

Seems to me New Jersey Giants fans are a little fearful of Rodgers and the chip he's going to have on his shoulder when he kicks the living **** out of them in the season opener.

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I'm with Chris. I don't care what the Giants or their fans think about our quarterback and his honesty...and I will add that I don't see him as a "bitter guy". He's just competitive when people disrespect him, but so are a lot of guys.

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I'm with Chris. I don't care what the Giants or their fans think about our quarterback and his honesty...and I will add that I don't see him as a "bitter guy". He's just competitive when people disrespect him, but so are a lot of guys.

I should have worded it better. He holds grudges. He is bitter that the Pack lost to the Giants and did not play in the SB.

Rodgers will give it his all vs. the Giants next season. I just hope the rest of the team feels the same way and also holds a grudge after going 15-1 and one and done. Mostly the D. :whistling:

I still wish he didn't say it but he did pick the Giants to win. Whew, I was getting worried he was gonna pick NE after that. He did say "the Giants had something special this year."

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
I should have worded it better. He holds grudges. He is bitter that the Pack lost to the Giants and did not play in the SB.

I understand what you're saying; to me, the word "bitter" carries a connotation of an unhealthy outlook, and that's really the only thing about that point I disagree with. He just strikes me as a fiercely competitive guy who wants to win, and wants (needs, even) to prove he belongs where he is - one of the most respected players in the NFL.

And he does belong there.

He sounded disappointed but optimistic on his radio show after the loss, not angry or bitter - but yeah, he's not going to forget the loss. We agree on that, for sure...but I really, really don't care what the Giants or their fans think about him calling them out. ;) With all the truly offensive talking those guys do, they should be able to to tolerate a little straight-up listening.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was going to rip on the author of the article then I noticed who wrote it.

Again I ask:

Why would Mike McCarthy write this?

Reaction score
I love what he said. There were 3 or 4 drives that had to be delayed because of the Giants "injuries". Every person on the giants that had an "injury" was back on the field in a play or 2

Members online

Latest posts