1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Rodgers Returns To Practice

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by packerfan191, Oct 14, 2010.

1. packerfan191

packerfan191 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    According to ESPN, Rodgers participated in the full practice that was open to the media on Thursday. Just wanted to get everybody's opinion. Do you think Rodgers will play this week?

2. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    Yes. He'll be out there.

And I still think we're going to lose.

3. Jordan

Jordan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    I think Aaron knows how bad we need this game, and we all know how great of a competitor he is. It will take alot to keep him out of that game on Sunday. I think he goes! I also think they need to be careful about the situations they get him in, we CAN NOT afford to lose him for the year!

4. waffles

waffles Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    While I am no doctor, I do know there are levels of concussion. That is something that is lost under the umbrella term Concussion. People think you either have one or you dont. I bet most players have a concussion at some point during a season, its just not diagnosed. Now I'm not saying that it wasn't bad (Rodgers' concussion) but it seems like he was pretty upbeat about it the other day. I would be suprised if he didn't play on Sunday.

He is a competitor and you'll have to chop this guy in half if you want him to sit on the sidelines. However, if we ever ramp up our running game.. it will be this week

5. packerfan191

packerfan191 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I also just now saw that Donald Lee returned to practice also.

6. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    That actually disappoints me. Now they'll probably start him over Quarless, which makes me sad.

7. YouFrgotPoland

YouFrgotPoland Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +66
    I thought Donald Lee was out a couple of weeks?

8. packerfan191

packerfan191 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I thought he was too, but I just read on nfl.com that both him and Rodgers returned to practice today.

9. Jordan

Jordan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Not to get too far of the subject posted, but I would like to see what Quarless can do. His size and speed are pretty impressive! He looks like a first year YOTTO

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    That is only good news, if it's 09' Rodgers. 10' Rodgers, with his happy feet, doesn't help us.

11. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    Why do I feel like we have more to gain if Rodgers sat out this game?

He might pass his tests, but that doesn't mean he's not gonna get sacked/knocked down this game which is almost certain that he is. He might be off worse than the beginning of the week. Better have him sit out against MIA and be 100% (and I mean really 100%)

With that in mind, if Flynn plays stellar in a regular season game, think about the trade value he would have when that time comes.

12. 2411t

2411t Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +120
    And this might be the only regular season game of the season Flynn might be able to play.

13. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,799
    If A-Rod plays he better have better protection.

14. chucknorris101

chucknorris101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +35
    stop with the happy feet. its not his fault he has to worry about being mauled every play. put bulaga in for clifton and problem solved

15. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I think it would be a blessing in disguise if he didn't play, as I stated in another thread. He is way to valuable to us to risk him further injury to beat freakin Miami. I know losing a game is terrible but let us not win the battle only to lose the war. I say rest him one game, make sure his head is sound and on tight before sending him into battle again. I don't really care at this point if we lose to Miami, I'm worried what it will do to the rest of our season if we play him in Miami and he goes down. Epic suckage my friends. Same for Matthews while I am at it.

Another point, not to go off topic but think what it will do to people's Fantasy Football if either of those players goes out? A fatal blow for sure.

16. A-Rod_is_God

A-Rod_is_God Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +15
    yeah... ive got Rodgers on my fantasy team. lol @ happy feet. anybody care to tell me what "YOTTO" means?

17. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240
    YOTTO= "Year Of The TakeOver"... I think Finley coined it.

And it looks like Rodgers is a go for this week. It said that it was a very minor concussion, much less severe than Cutlers two weeks ago.

I also saw that Cutler has had 5 concussions now... Sounds like a lot.

18. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    If Aaron Rodgers gets a late hit hurts him, I'm going to smash my head into a wall...I am totally expecting a late "remember me" hit from Dansby, that SOB! I am also expecting it to not get called

19. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +848
    Thank God he's playing.

This a game GB can win. Packers had no shot with Flynn.

20. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I will stop when he starts playing like he's capable off.

Look at Rodgers against the Bills, and specially against Chicago, and last game. HUGE difference. And more so if you look at him against the Steelers last year and Cardinals. He was a monster.

Now, he looks afraid in the pocket.

Aaron Rodgers deserves the criticism he is getting from the local media | Cheesehead TV
    Greg Jennings has every reason to be frustrated | Cheesehead TV

Specially the last one.

21. JoshuaRHuffman

JoshuaRHuffman Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I think it's probably because hes trying not to hold unto the ball as long as he was last year. Last year, people were yelling at him to throw it quicker (a big reason for the sacks he was taking). Now, he's rushing things and that hasn't worked out as well for him. I think he'll get everything down by the second half of the season.

22. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    I don't see it like this. Actually, I think the sacks last year were exactly him being uncomfortable in the pocket. He just doesn't trust his OL. But he HAS to.

Yes, they have been terrible, specially the bookends. But he HAS to. And I'm confident he knows it, but he hasn't been so far.

23. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    i think he gets out of the pocket too soon, IMO when you do that, you limit your vision of the field and cut it in half when you scramble to one side, I'd like him to settle down a little bit & just take what the defense gives you!

24. Packman Chant

Packman Chant Lambeau West

Ratings:
    +22
    He'll play and he will play very well. We win buy two scores.