Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's Bakhtiari's cap figures. Add his with Rodgers, and you see why we need to think about essentially a total rebuild, without dipping into the expensive free agent pool. It's going to have to be done using wise draft decisions. If we see a couple of 3 or 4 win seasons, so be it, the draft capital could make a difference down the road. Add to it the fact that Love is going to be at the end of his contract, and it becomes another issue all together.

YearAgeBase SalarySigningRosterWorkoutRestructureCap HitDead CapYearly Cash
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
29$6,052,941$9,200,000$375,000$500,000-$16,127,941$64,700,000$36,956,797($36,956,797)
30$1,075,000$6,000,000$423,543$700,000$2,768,000$10,966,543$49,147,000$13,270,543($50,227,340)
31$1,120,000$6,000,000$35,294$700,000$5,565,514$13,420,808$36,516,551$18,551,836($68,779,176)
32$6,700,000$6,000,000$10,100,000$700,000$5,565,514$29,065,514$23,131,034$17,500,000($86,279,176)
33$10,700,000$6,000,000$10,000,000$700,000$5,565,514$32,965,514$11,565,517$21,400,000($107,679,176)
34UFA
���
If I'm looking at this correctly, on 20, 21, and 22 they've paid him, in cash, $57 mil. Is that right? Thanks for the chart.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess what they try to do with old fogies like us is inject that gel now to act as a cushion so we can get up and down stairs. But the pounding of professional sports is so much different.
I had both knees replaced this year. Both were bone and bone and the surgeries had, like magical outcomes. No more pain. I worked with a trainer before both surgeries, and after, to help ensure a good outcome. I'm too old to be ****ing with multiple surgeries on my knees, or anywhere! The only thing I can't do is run, or any kind of impact like jumping rope or **** like that. But I'm at the gym 6 days a week, lifting weights and cycling. I'll take it.

My guess is that most pro football and basketball players eventually get their knees replaced. It's a sign that you're like me, meaning old!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had both knees replaced this year. Both were bone and bone and the surgeries had, like magical outcomes. No more pain. I worked with a trainer before both surgeries, and after, to help ensure a good outcome. I'm too old to be ****ing with multiple surgeries on my knees, or anywhere! The only thing I can't do is run, or any kind of impact like jumping rope or **** like that. But I'm at the gym 6 days a week, lifting weights and cycling. I'll take it.

My guess is that most pro football and basketball players eventually get their knees replaced. It's a sign that you're like me, meaning old!
Yep. 42 years of being a tennis player and I could not do it anymore. Congrats! On all you are still doing. What is it they say? Used but not used up?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep. 42 years of being a tennis player and I could not do it anymore. Congrats! On all you are still doing. What is it they say? Used but not used up?
I like that milani, thanks! Yeah for me it was 20 years of running and 25 or so marathons. I loved running. But it tore up my meniscus so bad, along with osteoarthritis, the medial meniscus was removed and a metal spacer was put in. I was 50. 18 years later, when both knees were bone on bone, I had the TKRs (both this year). So glad I did it. Now I just wanna stay fit.

But for Bakhtiari, I'm afraid this may be his last rodeo. We don't have to feel too bad for him. I think he's been paid close to $60 mil. I might be off on that number, but what's a few million or ten between friends? I just hate to see him go. Great LT, great guy.

D

Deleted member 6794

I totally agree. Take the single season hit, and move on, when it comes to the cap. But, you aren't going to reassemble a Super Bowl contender until you restock the shelves. Having money, is one thing, but there's never enough to just automatically buy all you need to win immediately. the NFL is not the Yankees of the 40s and 50s.

I think the current team is a healthy offensive line, one or two legit receivers and maybe a different defensive coordinator away from being a Super Bowl contender. There's no doubt in my mind those moves to improve can be made in a single offseason despite Rodgers' contract counting against the cap.

As a side note, in my opinion Rodgers' deal isn't the one who puts in the Packers in a difficult situation regarding the cap as he's capable of performing up to it. There are some bad deals currently on the roster including the ones of Bakhtiari, Lowry, Lewis as well as the ones of Jones and Savage starting next year.

If I'm looking at this correctly, on 20, 21, and 22 they've paid him, in cash, $57 mil. Is that right? Thanks for the chart.

At the end of this season the Packers will have paid Bakhtiari a total of $68.8 million over the past three seasons.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I take back my offensive comments Joe ;) I1m still waiting on my new knees.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take back my offensive comments Joe ;) I1m still waiting on my new knees.
Bill, my friend, all in fun!!! And you always remind me how much I miss England, specifically, London. Where I found Molton Brown products! And good pubs and ale. And great taxis. OK, enough.

Are you planning on TKRs anytime soon? I had mine done with the Stryker/Mako robotic assistant. And it is an assistant, not a two armed robot, the surgeon is still in charge. Check out a procedure on YouTube. It really was life changing, and at 68, that's saying something.

I

Bill, my friend, all in fun!!! And you always remind me how much I miss England, specifically, London. Where I found Molton Brown products! And good pubs and ale. And great taxis. OK, enough.

Are you planning on TKRs anytime soon? I had mine done with the Stryker/Mako robotic assistant. And it is an assistant, not a two armed robot, the surgeon is still in charge. Check out a procedure on YouTube. It really was life changing, and at 68, that's saying something.
I`m honestly not sure what they plan to do,I just know I`m seriously thinking about a recline/electric chair to be able to get up....lol

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I`m honestly not sure what they plan to do,I just know I`m seriously thinking about a recline/electric chair to be able to get up....lol
Surprised you mentioned the lift chair/recliner. I was just looking at them a little earlier on the internet. We have both a sofa with two recliners, and a love seat with two recliners in our family/TV room, but I could use something with a boost to get up. I'm looking at a couple of options that would include massage and heat. Going to find out how much I can get from Medicare and my supplement before making any decision on which one. I know it's only a percentage covered.

I got through my Drivers License exam last Monday. Strangest thing. Since I was over 80, they sent out this long explanation that at my age I had to go in so they could check me, and insure I was still able to drive. They went on to say how it was necessary to do it periodically, to insure I can stay on the road.

Then they gave me my license. It's good for 8 years. I'll be 90 before I have to go in again. Apparently the state of Texas believes that if you make it to 82 without being a wreck, the next 8 years are a piece of cake!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Surprised you mentioned the lift chair/recliner. I was just looking at them a little earlier on the internet. We have both a sofa with two recliners, and a love seat with two recliners in our family/TV room, but I could use something with a boost to get up. I'm looking at a couple of options that would include massage and heat. Going to find out how much I can get from Medicare and my supplement before making any decision on which one. I know it's only a percentage covered.

I got through my Drivers License exam last Monday. Strangest thing. Since I was over 80, they sent out this long explanation that at my age I had to go in so they could check me, and insure I was still able to drive. They went on to say how it was necessary to do it periodically, to insure I can stay on the road.

Then they gave me my license. It's good for 8 years. I'll be 90 before I have to go in again. Apparently the state of Texas believes that if you make it to 82 without being a wreck, the next 8 years are a piece of cake!
That is ****ing hilarious V!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some reason, getting out of a recliner or from a soft sofa is still a challenge. And I'm in pretty good shape for a geezer. But with the new knees, it's not a painful challenge.

If you have trouble walking because of pain in the knee(s) chances are good it's bone on bone. I was just amazed at how much pain I had been in before the surgeries. You know, like how good it feels after someone stops hitting you with a 2x4. Well, something like that. Backwards logic.

I

For some reason, getting out of a recliner or from a soft sofa is still a challenge. And I'm in pretty good shape for a geezer. But with the new knees, it's not a painful challenge.

If you have trouble walking because of pain in the knee(s) chances are good it's bone on bone. I was just amazed at how much pain I had been in before the surgeries. You know, like how good it feels after someone stops hitting you with a 2x4. Well, something like that. Backwards logic.
Yeah it`s definately bone on bone. Trouble is as you know after a while you compensate and then start ******** up the other knee too. Add to that rhumatoid arthritis and lack of sleep with the pain AND having to watch the Packers getting stuffed, life sucks......lol

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah it`s definately bone on bone. Trouble is as you know after a while you compensate and then start ******** up the other knee too. Add to that rhumatoid arthritis and lack of sleep with the pain AND having to watch the Packers getting stuffed, life sucks......lol
Oh man Bill, get the replacement. I know exactly what you're talking about, compensating for one leg and ****ing up something else. But rheumatoid arthritis, that's nasty. I had osteoarthritis in both knees but at least that is somewhat predictable. All the best to you friend.

And yeah, when are the Packers gonna wake up and realize the season has started?

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
check her purse for medication, and dont forget to take the garbage out..lol

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Interesting quote recently from Rodgers. “Those relationships are really important to me,” said Rodgers. “It’s more than just those guys, I think there’s three or four other guys on offense who have kind of unsettled futures, so I’m sure keeping those guys around would definitely give me something to look forward to.”

I really figured he would be back for one more year. He has always stated that he wanted to play till he is 40. I still think he will be back, but now I do have a little doubt. If Cobb, Crosby, Lewis and maybe even Bakh, are all gone, does he call it a career?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting quote recently from Rodgers. “Those relationships are really important to me,” said Rodgers. “It’s more than just those guys, I think there’s three or four other guys on offense who have kind of unsettled futures, so I’m sure keeping those guys around would definitely give me something to look forward to.”

I really figured he would be back for one more year. He has always stated that he wanted to play till he is 40. I still think he will be back, but now I do have a little doubt. If Cobb, Crosby, Lewis and maybe even Bakh, are all gone, does he call it a career?
He leaves before the 2023 draft. They trade him. That cap hit next year is too big his play is dropping off. Better to get a couple picks now then sit on him and get nothing when he retires.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One year, lower value contracts may keep Lewis, Cobb, & Crosby in town thru '23. Bakhtiari will be in GB at his $29mil cap # as it only saves $6mil on the cap to release him & then GB needs a LT starter. Keeping Jenkins only adds to "keeping the band together" thoughts. IMHO.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One year, lower value contracts may keep Lewis, Cobb, & Crosby in town thru '23. Bakhtiari will be in GB at his $29mil cap # as it only saves $6mil on the cap to release him & then GB needs a LT starter. Keeping Jenkins only adds to "keeping the band together" thoughts. IMHO.
I don't really pay a lot of attention to cap numbers and what we may and may not do. I mostly look at what happens and then like it or get upset. But I am happy to see Jenkins extended because he seems to have come back from the injury and it seems like a reasonable amount of money. I never want to see him at tackle again though. Would not mind keeping Lewis and Crosby if they want to keep playing. I have not seen a big downturn from either of them. Cobb surprises me often on the good side but I don't have a strong feeling about keeping him. And we have to do what we have to do with Bahktiari.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think he’s leaning towards coming back. He also made a comment recently where he said something about whether he (don’t quote me) ”plays one, two, or three more years”, or something to that effect, but he did number the years. Because of their ages, Crosby and Lewis I don’t think will impact the decision as much as Bakh and Cobb (who I see as almost in a “package deal” with Rodgers at Rodgers’ request and who has taken some pretty big pay cuts to date). But I think more key to his staying is that it’s pretty clear he has high hopes for the rookie WRs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts