Rodgers now has to be in MVP talk

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll wait til tomorrow to post the updated stats since Brady still has to play yet, but here's my list so far..

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Michael Vick
4. Matt Ryan
5. Philip Rivers

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The MVP will be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, it's so predictable. At this point it definitely looks like Brady, but if the Colts win their final four and make the playoffs, they may give it to Manning. The problem is that it's decided by writers. Writers want to give it to whoever makes a better story, and Brady and Manning are their guys.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It can't be Manning. If they want to be prejudice they shouldn't make it so obvious. I think it will be either Brady, Rodgers or Vick. I see is coming down to Rodgers and Vick. The playoffs may decide the final factor. It would be beyond our dreams to have Rodgers as MVP and CM3 as DPOY. Even if we don't win the SB, we'd still in a way have the best team!

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
The MVP will be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, it's so predictable. At this point it definitely looks like Brady, but if the Colts win their final four and make the playoffs, they may give it to Manning. The problem is that it's decided by writers. Writers want to give it to whoever makes a better story, and Brady and Manning are their guys.

With the injuries we've had, Rodgers makes a pretty good story.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I broke it down for someone on the footballpros.com site who thought Vick should be considered for MVP.

Umm, no. Vick shouldn't. If you're going to pick a QB to be league MVP, you really can't go with anyone other than Tom Brady at this point. There's not another QB in the league playing as good as he is, especially when you consider the only proven talent he has on his roster is Wes Welker.

As for Rodgers, I'm sure he'll be talked about, but the case for MVP would be much stronger if we had beaten Atlanta. If he can find a way to beat New England at New England, and can lead the Packers to a division win, you'll have a much better case.

Sorry, I know Tom Brady always seems to get it, but that's because he always seems to perform better than anyone else. I'm trying to think of another player at any other position who should be in the conversation, and am having a hard time.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I broke it down for someone on the footballpros.com site who thought Vick should be considered for MVP.

Umm, no. Vick shouldn't. If you're going to pick a QB to be league MVP, you really can't go with anyone other than Tom Brady at this point. There's not another QB in the league playing as good as he is, especially when you consider the only proven talent he has on his roster is Wes Welker.

As for Rodgers, I'm sure he'll be talked about, but the case for MVP would be much stronger if we had beaten Atlanta. If he can find a way to beat New England at New England, and can lead the Packers to a division win, you'll have a much better case.

Sorry, I know Tom Brady always seems to get it, but that's because he always seems to perform better than anyone else. I'm trying to think of another player at any other position who should be in the conversation, and am having a hard time.

Couldnt agree more with this, Tom Brady is lights out. You have to consider Matt Ryan I believe too as well as Rodgers. I don't think Vick will get it and I also don't think he deserves it over the other candidates. But I like Aarons chances if he can lead us to a big W in New England head to head with Brady and we win the North, It could be his

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rivers is ahead of all of them.

Top 3
Rivers
Rodgers
Brady
Not really.

You get swept by Oakland, you don't deserve to be nowhere near the MVP race, I don't care what your stats are.

Top 3:
Brady, by far. Best offense in the NFL, best record in the NFL, best QB rating in the NFL.
Rodgers. Edges Vick because he has played more, and as of late, has been tremenduous.
Vick. Stupid good. Would be MVP, if had played every game, and had produced in every game. Can't give MVP to someone who isn't there every snap, though...

Still not ready to put Ryan in there. Yes, there are the many comeback victories, but he's not that more important to his team than Roddy White and Michael Turner are.

You take Brady out of the Patriots, they're an average team.

You take Rodgers out of the Packers, they're still a good team, but they're nowhere near the level they are.

You take Vick out of the Eagles, they're a good team, but nothing special.

You take Ryan out of the Falcons, there's a considerable dropoff, but it's nowhere near the dropoff the previous 2.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning was playing the best early in the season.

But his play has been so ****** lately, that he's out of the race for good.

He's been nothing short of awful, and Rodgers has the same injuries to deal with, at RB, TE, D. He still has his favorite target in Reggie Wayne, yet he performs much worse, killing his team with 2 pick 6.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Nothing is predictable. Rodgers loses his #1 running back and a potential pro bowl tight end. He doesn't fall apart, he gets better. Manning loses his #1 running back and his go-to tight end....and he falls apart.

Members online

Latest posts